What the hell did we do with him?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by cArMeLo15, Feb 13, 2004.

1. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

What did we do with our 11th pick Micka?l Pietrus? I forgot who we drafted in the summer, and I checked nbadraft.net, and we got this guy. What did we do with him?

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

What do you mean "what did we do with him?"

3. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Havn't seen him play a minute, or even heard of what he has done. Is he a bench warmer or what?

4. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cArMeLo15:</div><div class="quote_post">Havn't seen him play a minute, or even heard of what he has done. Is he a bench warmer or what?</div>He does not get much playing time. He has played some good minutes earlier this season and has showed us his potential. He is going to be a good player in this league.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

He is our insurance if no qualifying offer is given to Jrich. Thank god we didn't take Ridnour. Did he even make the rookie squad?

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">He is our insurance if no qualifying offer is given to Jrich. Thank god we didn't take Ridnour. Did he even make the rookie squad?</div>No but he is starting to play more and more minutes for the Sonics. He and Claxton were going at it, of coarse, Claxton came out on top.[​IMG]

7. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

Pietrus has shown some flashes and supposedly has improved his jumper. He's pretty raw, but I love the effort he shows on defense.

8. Custodianrules2

Pietrus is energy off the bench if they just bother to use him once in a while. Especially at home games.

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">Pietrus has shown some flashes and supposedly has improved his jumper. He's pretty raw, but I love the effort he shows on defense.</div>Yes and I think that is the key with Piertrus. He already has the defensive game that so many of these young players lack. As his offensive game developes he will be an impact player in this league, whether or not he is still with the Warriors.

10. Custodianrules2

You think Pietrus will be an impact player? Woah that's an intriguing statement there, Rudeezy. Maybe though. It's hard to say who will do what in the league. Like Mighty Mouse Stoudamire or Danny Ferry versus Dirk Nowitzki and Gilbert Arenas.

It's all about off-seasons and also having a opportunities.

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">You think Pietrus will be an impact player? Woah that's an intriguing statement there, Rudeezy. Maybe though. It's hard to say who will do what in the league. Like Mighty Mouse Stoudamire or Danny Ferry versus Dirk Nowitzki and Gilbert Arenas.

It's all about off-seasons and also having a opportunities.</div>I guess sometimes I go too much off potential, and Pietrus clearly has that. I really don't see him being much of an impact player for the Warriors though. I'm still kind of wondering why the Warriors chose to draft him when we already had J-Rich and a veteran in Cheany. Maybe he will be useful in a trade down the road.[​IMG]

12. jayserinos99

I'm thinking the same way; guys always seem to blossom after they leave GSW. I think we drafted Pietrus because of the talent at the draft pick we got even though we didn't draft Ridnour after the need for a PG. We also didn't know (at the time) how J-Rich would turn out since there were off-court issues and some deficiencies in his game (can't go left, needed help on d). Cheaney was a wonderful pickup, but who knows if he'll be resigned. If anything, he may get the minimum for another year.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm thinking the same way; guys always seem to blossom after they leave GSW. I think we drafted Pietrus because of the talent at the draft pick we got even though we didn't draft Ridnour after the need for a PG. We also didn't know (at the time) how J-Rich would turn out since there were off-court issues and some deficiencies in his game (can't go left, needed help on d). Cheaney was a wonderful pickup, but who knows if he'll be resigned. If anything, he may get the minimum for another year.</div>

So why draft his clone? If Jrich were French he'd be Pietrus.

14. jayserinos99

Talent I would believe. In times past, when we drafted for need we got burned (e.g. Todd Fuller). But that's the thing, coming from France, Pietrus' defense was good, it was just that he had a funky release on his jumper. Honestly though, Rudeezy has a point; we have already picked up J-Rich's option and we have Pietrus for a while, so playing time would be a big problem. Wishful thinking on my part would have both of these guys play on the floor at the same time during some stretches of minutes.

15. Custodianrules2

If Pietrus doesn't get played, his value goes nowhere. I think something might go down with Jrich, but that guy is an MVP among his class. Plus he bounced a ball off Carlos Boozer's head and shot a 3 and it went in. C'mon man. You can't teach that stuff.

16. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">If Pietrus doesn't get played, his value goes nowhere. I think something might go down with Jrich, but that guy is an MVP among his class. </div>We cannot let J-Rich go. We have put too much time and energy into the guy. I'm tired of the Warriors always thinking towards the future. If we can keep this core group of players together without messing up the chemistry again, we will be just fine. After we make the playoffs we can make some moves towards getting past that first round.

17. jayserinos99

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">If Pietrus doesn't get played, his value goes nowhere. I think something might go down with Jrich, but that guy is an MVP among his class. Plus he bounced a ball off Carlos Boozer's head and shot a 3 and it went in. C'mon man. You can't teach that stuff.</div>

This?

[​IMG]

18. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Petrius is definately going to be a contributor someday. Hopefully for the Warriors. I hope we do not make the same mistake we did with Welsch. The times I have seen Petrius are limited, however, when he plays, and shoots, he is a good player. I saw him play in Denver when we were getting blown out and I kept screaming for him to shoot. All he did was pass. He definately has the jumping ability. He is going to be a good player when he gets the PT.

19. jayserinos99

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">We cannot let J-Rich go. We have put too much time and energy into the guy. I'm tired of the Warriors always thinking towards the future. If we can keep this core group of players together without messing up the chemistry again, we will be just fine. After we make the playoffs we can make some moves towards getting past that first round.</div>

Exactly. One step at a time. If we can keep the Speedy-J-Rich-Dunleavy-Murphy core together for a while, no doubt playoffs are in the future.

20. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jayserinos99:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. One step at a time. If we can keep the Speedy-J-Rich-Dunleavy-Murphy core together for a while, no doubt playoffs are in the future.</div>Hell, we've waited 10 years, whats one more?