Whats going on with Jason Terry?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by mike18946, Sep 3, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

He still isn't signed....has anyone heard anything if Hawks will sign him or is he just waiting for someone to sign him so he gets good money and re-sign with Hawks?

Anyone know?

They were in talks with Stephen Jackson but I've heard no news from anyone where he is going to end up either..

2. PacerB53

PacerB53 JBB JustBBall Member

I've been wondering the same thing.

3. kb8gw32003

kb8gw32003 JBB Banned Member

I think none of us know this q, but many ppl want to know.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Here is your answer, Allnet -

Story

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jason Terry sticks out like a pristine Mercedes in a used car lot. The Hawks' restricted free agent point guard is the best available talent on a market where no big names remain, but few teams have been willing to give Terry a test drive.

The Utah Jazz, with plenty of money to burn, tried to stick their key in the ignition in July, but its contract offer was nowhere near what Terry, or his agent Raymond Brothers, believes he is worth.

So with only a perfunctory qualifying offer from the Hawks, Terry is slated to make $2.93 million in the upcoming season unless he can somehow strike a multiyear deal with his current employer by training camp. That would mean that Terry -- one of five players in the NBA to average at least 17 points and seven assists last season -- couldn't cash a better paycheck this offseason than Speedy Claxton.

Terry, who'll turn 26 next month, certainly could get more money next summer if he becomes an unrestricted free agent, but what gives now?

"I can't say that I'm shocked or amazed," Hawks general manager Billy Knight said. ''It's not a reflection on him -- and it's not a [sign] that we don't want him, either. . . . There is no set [timetable] for when players of his caliber sign contracts."</div>

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Thanks Wave

Interesting article

My guess is that Terry signs a one year deal and becomes a un-restricted agent next summer then he will get more offers I would think.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Thanks Wave

Interesting article

My guess is that Terry signs a one year deal and becomes a un-restricted agent next summer then he will get more offers I would think.</div>

I also think he will only sign for one year ala Kandi man. I'm surprised no one has tried to sign him to prevent the Hawks from low balling him. Another team should just throw money at him just to force the Hawks to use up cap space.