What's the word on Darius?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by warez_333, Aug 16, 2004.

1. warez_333

warez_333 JBB JustBBall Member

Does anyone know if he's signed an new contract or what?

2. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

He's insulted that he's not getting an 8mil'x6years contract like Stojacavic,he's not willing to sign and he wants a stupid team to sign him for more money,his agent is a greedy prick for doing this.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">He's insulted that he's not getting an 8mil'x6years contract like Stojacavic,he's not willing to sign and he wants a stupid team to sign him for more money,his agent is a greedy prick for doing this.</div>
    Agreed. The only good stretch he's had in his NBA career was the half a season with Portland. Other than that, he's been a bust.

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">He's insulted that he's not getting an 8mil'x6years contract like Stojacavic,he's not willing to sign and he wants a stupid team to sign him for more money,his agent is a greedy prick for doing this.</div>
    A guy has to look out for himself that doesnt mean he is being greedy imo. Anyway I dont know if they will offer him a 8 million six year deal, but I really hope the bulls or wolves take a look at him in a possible trade. I really think he will have a break out year next season and continue to improve.

He is athletic and can run the break I dont know if a trade involving glenn robinson would work. Though mabye a pacage deal for miles and reef that sends robinson and marc jackson or someone in return to them or some other roll players to make contracts match.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">A guy has to look out for himself that doesnt mean he is being greedy imo. Anyway I dont know if they will offer him a 8 million six year deal, but I really hope the bulls or wolves take a look at him in a possible trade. I really think he will have a break out year next season and continue to improve.

He is athletic and can run the break I dont know if a trade involving glenn robinson would work. Though mabye a pacage deal for miles and reef that sends robinson and marc jackson or someone in return to them or some other roll players to make contracts match.</div>

oh come on Miles worths 5 mil"$ per season and not a dime more,athletesism and play well in the break is not so rare these days and he is not a shooter,all he'S got left is a possibility that he'll be good in the nxt season.
    in the bizzaro world players will get millions for that possibility,in a normal world players should get 3 million moreless according to their performence.

the trade possibility is pretty nice though,better something than nothing.

6. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">
    He is athletic and can run the break I dont know if a trade involving glenn robinson would work. Though mabye a pacage deal for miles and reef that sends robinson and marc jackson or someone in return to them or some other roll players to make contracts match.</div>I know you're talking from a biased viewpoint here, but there is no way that Robinson would be equal to Miles' value. First of all, Miles is younger and not injury-prone, which in that itself makes him of higher value than Glenn. It also isn't bad to add that he has increased his value by a lot during his stint with Portland. Honestly, I don't even see Robinson+Jackson for Miles worthy talent-wise, plus that you've added a great player in Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

7. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">I know you're talking from a biased viewpoint here, but there is no way that Robinson would be equal to Miles' value. First of all, Miles is younger and not injury-prone, which in that itself makes him of higher value than Glenn. It also isn't bad to add that he has increased his value by a lot during his stint with Portland. Honestly, I don't even see Robinson+Jackson for Miles worthy talent-wise, plus that you've added a great player in Shareef Abdur-Rahim.</div>
    Robinson is a bit injury prone, but he is a proven scorer unlike Miles and his contract is up after this season so a team looking for cap room would take him. Not to mention since Shareef wants a trade jackson would be a good replacement for him in terms of giving you someone solid to depend on.

Robinson would also give theblazers a good mid range shooter which miles is not yet although he slacks off on defense he is solid of the offensive end and with patterson on the team robinson can afford to slack off a little.

8. Trip

Student
    Jackson will be a good replacement for Reef? Puh-leese. Abdur-Rahim can fetch a lot more than Jackson. Before he came to the Blazers, Reef was a solid 20-10 guy who could have been placed among the top 25 players in the league. Only after the trade to Portland and being benched behind Zach Randolph did his stock fall. Jackson is a long-time underachiever who has done nothing the past few years to justify his worth. To get Abdur-Rahim, Philadelphia needs to give up at least a 10-ppg scorer.

9. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Jackson will be a good replacement for Reef? Puh-leese. Abdur-Rahim can fetch a lot more than Jackson. Before he came to the Blazers, Reef was a solid 20-10 guy who could have been placed among the top 25 players in the league. Only after the trade to Portland and being benched behind Zach Randolph did his stock fall. Jackson is a long-time underachiever who has done nothing the past few years to justify his worth. To get Abdur-Rahim, Philadelphia needs to give up at least a 10-ppg scorer.</div>
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Not to mention since Shareef wants a trade jackson would be a good replacement for him in terms of giving you someone solid to depend on.</div>
    I never said he would replace shareef fully, but that he would give them someone solid to depend on. Jackson ahd a great rookie season for the warriors then he was traded to the wolves were he was told he was not gona get minutes so he couldnt really prove anything. Thne in the playoffs for the wolves he stepped in and showed what he can do.

Then when he was playing for the sixers last season he was performing very wlell until he injured his hand and was out for several weeks because while rehabilitating it he twisted his ankle. He is solid and is capable of averaging at least 10 points if given playing time look what Skinner did with the bucks when he was given playing time.

10. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Then when he was playing for the sixers last season he was performing very wlell until he injured his hand and was out for several weeks because while rehabilitating it he twisted his ankle. He is solid and is capable of averaging at least 10 points if given playing time look what Skinner did with the bucks when he was given playing time.</div>Well, 10ppg when starting isn't good enough compared to Reef's 20ppg. After Jackson's rookie season, he became out of shape and turned into a nightmare. Only with the Sixers did he show glimpses of his former skills, but who can guarantee that he won't go out of shape again?

11. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I must say that the one thing i don't inderstand is why the Blazers are willing to give Hassel and Miles 6 million per year but did'nt offered a contract to Rodney White??!?!! this guy is the same size AS MIles and he can play some PF when Randolph is tired,he got skillz and a way better game than miles or Hassel.

I HATE JOHN NASH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!111

12. Trip

Student
    Rodney White, at his best, is only a sparkplug off the bench. He can't play power forward for long periods of time, and doesn't play any defense at all. He will score in spurts, but not really what the Blazers need. Hassell is a very good defender, that's why teams are willing to pay big bucks for him.

13. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, 10ppg when starting isn't good enough compared to Reef's 20ppg. After Jackson's rookie season, he became out of shape and turned into a nightmare. Only with the Sixers did he show glimpses of his former skills, but who can guarantee that he won't go out of shape again?</div>
    True what is to show that he wont be out of shape again? Though again what is to show that dampier will have a good year after having one good season which happened to be a contract year? Nothing in the nba is a given and if reef wants out with his contract soon expiring the team will want to get rid of him and get something back at least.

14. Trip

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">True what is to show that he wont be out of shape again? Though again what is to show that dampier will have a good year after having one good season which happened to be a contract year? Nothing in the nba is a given and if reef wants out with his contract soon expiring the team will want to get rid of him and get something back at least.</div>
    Even though Reef wants out and his stock has dropped by a lot after being traded, he can still command a player of higher value than Marc Jackson. It's not that I'm saying that your trade will never happen, just that it doesn't have as good as a chance of materializing, that's all.

15. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Rodney White, at his best, is only a sparkplug off the bench. He can't play power forward for long periods of time, and doesn't play any defense at all. He will score in spurts, but not really what the Blazers need. Hassell is a very good defender, that's why teams are willing to pay big bucks for him.</div>

Well than don't compare him to Hassel,compare him to Miles,what is better:10 PPG starting in a failed team or 7.5 PPG coming off the bench and playing like 14 min' per game IN A PLAYOFF TEAM?
    Miles And white are playin almost the same at defence despite MIles Blocking ability,Rodney WHite knows how to shoot but he won't get a lot of respect so it will be easy for him to be a 16 PPG guy for the Blazers...
    Plus he wants way less money than HasselMiles,i would at least consider it.

16. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

Oh and about Hassel:Minny didnt give him so much minutes later on even though they were short on players cuz he's not worth defending on defence and so Garnett got all the attention inside,so IMO Trenton Hassel is not so healthy for Zach's scoring--->not healthy for the Blazers.