Where the Hell is Gerald Green?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by S_Gurad, Nov 13, 2007.

1. S_Gurad

S_Gurad BBW Elite Member

Anyone know what the wolves are doing with him? Is he injured? I'm just curious, not a fan of him, just curious after that BIG trade was done.</p>

2. Dark Defender

Dark Defender The Dark Passenger

Part-Time Intern, Full Time Student
    He was the only one of the incoming players the Wolves didn't offer a contract extension to my guess is that he isn't on their future plans.</p>

3. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

If he's not in their plans, I'll wonder if they will try and move him eventually. Kind of surprising to see a young player with that much upside getting no time on a team that is clearly in rebuilding mode.</p>

4. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

Suprising to see him not getting any time, but how exactly do you offer him an extension when nobody even knows what he can do yet?</p>

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GM3)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

He was the only one of the incoming players the Wolves didn't offer a contract extension to my guess is that he isn't on their future plans.</p>

</div></p>

I think Gomes was the other one as well.</p>

</p>

6. tim

tim Respect JPJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

</div></p>

I think Gomes is going to be a restricted free agent when his contract expires. Him and Smith</p>

As far as Green, I don't think Wittman has been too impressed with his game so far. I think he will get some playing time later in the year, but there isn't really a spot in the rotation for him right now.</p>

</p>

7. AmericanGod!

AmericanGod! Four Horsemen of 2012

The kid has more raw athletic ability in his half-finger than I do in my whole family tree, but unfortunately I think I could probably play in an NBA system better than him. He needs to get his head in the game and play smart ball to impress anyone other than 12 year old kids.</p>

8. high54life

high54life Sky's The Limit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

</p>

</div></p>

I think Gomes is going to be a restricted free agent when his contract expires. Him and Smith</p>

As far as Green, I don't think Wittman has been too impressed with his game so far. I think he will get some playing time later in the year, but there isn't really a spot in the rotation for him right now.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

I literally am shocked at the whole Minnesota franchise! What the hell are they doing??? Not playing Gerald Green is the DUMBEST move you can make. You guys are a sucky team, and Gerald Green is getting up to 4 DNP-CDs??? What the f*ck are you guys trying to do?? Don't give me that McCants bulls*it because if you give Green the same amount of playing time he'll own more. I can't believe I am saying this but, I think Doc Rivers treated Gerald better. Wittman is a fu*king bum and couldn't coach a high school team. The T-Wolves are going down, SOON. Thanks for KG, fu*kers!</p>

</p>

9. Premier

Premier Member

Gerald isn't very good. He's streaky from the outside, he's too weak to slash through defenses, he can't play defense, and he's a poor rebounder. Obviously he has potential to be a big-time scorer, but I'll take J.R. Smith and Dorell Wright over Gerald - and I've been saying that since half-way through his rookie year- any day.</p>

10. CelticKing

JR is 10 times better than GG imo.</p>

All that GG can do is dunk but even at that he's not the best.</p>

11. high54life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Premier)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Gerald isn't very good. He's streaky from the outside, he's too weak to slash through defenses, he can't play defense, and he's a poor rebounder. Obviously he has potential to be a big-time scorer, but I'll take J.R. Smith and Dorell Wright over Gerald - and I've been saying that since half-way through his rookie year- any day.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Man, fu*k that. Gerald Green is the best kept secret. He's arguably the best scorer on the T-Wolves. You dudes is wack! Y'all ain't say sh*t when he was on the Celtics. I know you didn't b. You dudes make me sick.</p>

</p>

12. CelticKing

Please calm down.</p>

You have the right to disagree with us and make your case, I don't think its wise to start cussing.</p>

13. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Gerald Green is going to be a great player one day.... in Europe.</p>

14. high54life

JR is 10 times better than GG imo.</p>

All that GG can do is dunk but even at that he's not the best.</p>

</div></p>

Man, what can you do? You stay on this lame ass site all day man. And what do you get out of it? Nothing. GG can buy your family and your house. You're silly man, silly. JR is 10x better than GG, please you weren't saying this shit last year, so... w/e man, I'm tired of all y'all... RIP GG on the Wolves!!</p>

</p>

15. high54life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (44Thrilla)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Gerald Green is going to be a great player one day.... in Europe.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Another one... what I got to do???</p>

</p>

16. tim

tim Respect JPJ

High5, you are going to have to understand that there is a reason that Gerald isn't playing right now. Although I don't think Wittman is a very good coach, I think the opposite of Doc. Doc played him at the end of last season, when they were tanking. And although Gerald played well, there is a reason Doc didn't play him when the games mattered. I expect tons from him, maybe 1 or two scoring titles. Any coach with a player who isn't familiar in a structured offense is not going to play at first, despite what he did. Doc, (who "treated him better") would have done the exact same thing if he were in Wittman's situation. And talking about McCants isn't crap right now. He has played fantastic basketball and is third in points per 48 minutes only behind Kobe and T-Mac. Lots of great players who came out of high school were inthe same situation Green is currently in(Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Jermaine O'Neal). They weren't used to this type of basketball and they struggled early on in their careers. It will take time. We will all have to be paitent and let him develop into a smart basketball player and not just assume he will dominate instantly like LeBron did.</p>

17. high54life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

High5, you are going to have to understand that there is a reason that Gerald isn't playing right now. Although I don't think Wittman is a very good coach, I think the opposite of Doc. Doc played him at the end of last season, when they were tanking. And although Gerald played well, there is a reason Doc didn't play him when the games mattered. I expect tons from him, maybe 1 or two scoring titles. Any coach with a player who isn't familiar in a structured offense is not going to play at first, despite what he did. Doc, (who "treated him better") would have done the exact same thing if he were in Wittman's situation. And talking about McCants isn't crap right now. He has played fantastic basketball and is third in points per 48 minutes only behind Kobe and T-Mac. Lots of great players who came out of high school were inthe same situation Green is currently in(Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Jermaine O'Neal). They weren't used to this type of basketball and they struggled early on in their careers. It will take time. We will all have to be paitent and let him develop into a smart basketball player and not just assume he will dominate instantly like LeBron did.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

When? Dec 09? Man, if this guys isn't playing on a sucky team, then why have him on the team. A kid that NEEEEEEEDSS palying time isn't getting any. Not one minute. Shit this terrible, whats wrong with people nowadays man.</p>

</p>

18. CelticKing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High54Life)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Man, what can you do? You stay on this lame ass site all day man. And what do you get out of it? Nothing. GG can buy your family and your house. You're silly man, silly. JR is 10x better than GG, please you weren't saying this shit last year, so... w/e man, I'm tired of all y'all... RIP GG on the Wolves!!</p>

</div></p>

Is that all you care about? Money and rich people?</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

GG gets plenty of playing time in practice. He's only been playing basketball since his Jr. year in highschool, he's extremely RAW. He lacks all the basic fundamentals and the NBA coaches don't have time to coddle a player along. If he wants to mold his amazing talent and athletic ability into a superstar player he'll have to bust his butt twice as hard as everyone else just to get caught up.</p>

He needs to spend the summer working on specific aspects of his game by hiring coaches to teach him in the offseason. If he dedicates himself to the game he will be an unbelievable player making plenty of highlights. So far he hasn't shown he's willing to put in the work.</p>

He's still very young, he'd only be a College Jr. if he had gone to college.</p>

20. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Passion for a player is a good thing. Taking out your frustrations about the player's lack of PT or performance on other posters is not what we're about here. People are entitled to their opinions, as lame as they may appear to be [​IMG]</p>

</p>