Which NFL draft prospects do you think will actually be the best on the pro level

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PurplePeopleEaters, Nov 30, 2006.

1. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters NFLC nflcentral.net Graphics Crew

Kind of a cool thing to do. Name each position and which draft prospect/prospects you think will end up being the best in the NFL down the road. Then later on this year + we can look back at this and make fun of people who picked the wrong guy. :thumbsup: I'll startQB: Brian Brohm (if he comes out) I just see it in this guy. Great competitor. Not the greatest amount of talent around him, especially with the injury to bush this year. RB: Adrian Peterson Just a head above everyone else for when he played. Has been one of the best since his freshman year and keeps getting better. I just see him succeeding in an NFL system.WR:Dwayne Jarrett/ Aundrae AllisonEveryone talks about Johnson and Ginn but when watching Jarrett I see more of what they like to see in the NFL. Mad hops, huge size, good hands. The next Keyshawn maybe. Allison is my sleeper. Doesn't have the size but has the hands and the quicks. FB: Brian LeonardThere is no other choice. What a monster. TE: Matt Spaeth6'7" and can actually block. What more do you want out of a tight end. I can see him becoming a Bubba Franks like player on the pro level. No gamebreaking speed but has enough to get it done and make the catch. T: Joe Thomas6'8" and 313 pounds. Someone i going to be very happy having this guy for the future. These athletic monsters at the o-line don't always pan out but I can see this guy making the jump in a big way. Impact player in his first year maybe. G:Justing BlalockI don't see much depth in this class and even though guard is the easiest position to adjust to at the pro level, none of the guys coming out this year stand out to me as big time players. I can see Blalock becoming a formidable lineman in the future in the NFL. Someone who will do the job but not necessarily do it outstanding.C: Leroy HarrisAgain, like guard I don't see anyone out of the centers making the jump in a huge way. Leroy Harris was pretty good in college but not outstanding... DE:Quentin MosesThis comes down to Moses and Adams. I must say, i've seen adams play and i don't think he'll be all that good at the pro level. Moses stands out to me as a guy that can make the jump in a good way. He won't be a great pass rusher out of the gate but I think he could be a star with time. DT:Tank motherfuckin TylerAbsolute monster. He plays with such intensity and can physically tear the center and guard to pieces. I guarantee that Tank will become a great player in the NFL down the road. People are going to look back at that NC state 2005 defensive front and say "wow.. how the hell did NC state suck so bad that year with all of those damn good players. 7-5?"OLB: Paul PoslusznyKind of like AJ Hawk. Scary guy to match up against. He'll be a decent NFL player down the road a few years. ILB: Buster DavisNot a freak on the pro level but should be a guy that will get the job done. A decent pro. CB: Leon HallFollowing in the footsteps of the other great michigan cornerbacks, this guy is going to be a beast in a year or two. You can't teach skill like that. S: Tom ZbikowskiDoesn't really have the athletics to own up in the pros but has the kind of John Lynch type playmaking ability . Not saying that he'll be John Lynch but he could be a decent professional hard hitting safety. K:none will be huge pro players or decent ones.. undrafted FA's lucky to make a squad mostly. P:^^^^Trash the players I think will be the best all you want but post yours to back it up.

2. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

QB: JaMarcus Russell/Brady Quinn.Brady Quinn if he is drafted into a good system, JaMarcus Russell if Quinn isn't drafted into a good system.RB: Marshawn LynchAll the tools and a cool head. WR: Calvin JohnsonI know it's the obvious pick, but it's the obvious pick for a reason. He's just worlds above everyone else. After watching Sidney Rice, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, and Ted Ginn Jr. Johnson is just the clear number 1.FB: Brian LeonardIf you want to call him a full back anyhow. He's really more of an H back in that offense if you actually watch the game.TE: Joe NewtonBlocks like a stud, has great hands, and good movement. He'll never be an elite TE in the NFL, but he's the sure-bet to be a solid contributer.T: Joe ThomasWould have been a top 15 pick had he come out last year. The only time I watched him I wasn't that impressed, but then again he was going against Michigan. Guy I was impressed with while watching him: Arron Sears.G: Justin Blalock/Tim DuckworthBlalock if he is drafted as a Guard and not a Tackle, Duckworth if Blalock is drafted as a Tackle.C: Kyle YoungIt's not often you find 330 pound Centers who are athletic enough to pull around the outside and lead block on an outside run. The only one who I can recall who did that was Kevin Mawae in his prime. And Mawae was never over 300 pounds.DE: Adam CarrikerThe best thing about him: He'll still be availible in the 2nd round. Carriker is rare as he will be a dominating 3-4 DE in the NFL. To clarify: he should not be a 4-3 DE, but he will be the best 3-4 DE to come out as a senior in this draft class. Athletic and strong, he'll make a great close-down DE.DT: Frank OkamConsistent, room to add weight, and could play the 4-3 NT and the 4-3 Under position depending on what the team that drafts him wants him for. OLB: LaMarr WoodleyHe's been a terror against every team I've watched him play against, including Ohio State. Will be a stud pass rushing 3-4 OLB on the next level.ILB: Patrick WillisAs much as I love Buster Davis, he's too short (5'10") to be dominating on the next level, and Willis is the only other 1st round talent.CB: Daymeion HughesA complete corner who can hit someone like a strong safety and man-cover someone like a corner. He's like a bigger version of Ronde Barber.S: Brandon MeriweatherHe's not going to be drafted highly due to off the field issues (well, on the field issues), but he is the best talent coming out, and if he can be controlled (a la Sean Taylor in Washington) he'll be a top Safety on the next level.K: Arthur CarmodyIf he comes out, Carmody has a strong leg (career high 54 yarder earlier this year, reportedly hit a 65 yarder on a bet in practice), and has the accuracy (17 straight makes including 2 50+ yarders and 4 40+ yarders this season). He won't be highly drafted because of his position, but he will be a stud on the next level.P: Brandon FieldsKind of a guess, but the only punter I've seen kick the ball over 60 yards and still have the returner have to call for a fair catch so far this year.

3. iknobaer

iknobaer NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>RB: Marshawn LynchAll the tools and a cool head. CB: Daymeion HughesA complete corner who can hit someone like a strong safety and man-cover someone like a corner. He's like a bigger version of Ronde Barber.</div>We agree!!!!!!!!

4. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>WR:Dwayne Jarrett/ Aundrae AllisonEveryone talks about Johnson and Ginn but when watching Jarrett I see more of what they like to see in the NFL. Mad hops, huge size, good hands. The next Keyshawn maybe. Allison is my sleeper. Doesn't have the size but has the hands and the quicks. FB: Brian LeonardThere is no other choice. What a monster. T: Joe Thomas6'8" and 313 pounds. Someone i going to be very happy having this guy for the future. These athletic monsters at the o-line don't always pan out but I can see this guy making the jump in a big way. Impact player in his first year maybe. DT:Tank motherfuckin TylerAbsolute monster. He plays with such intensity and can physically tear the center and guard to pieces. I guarantee that Tank will become a great player in the NFL down the road. People are going to look back at that NC state 2005 defensive front and say "wow.. how the hell did NC state suck so bad that year with all of those damn good players. 7-5?"DE:Quentin MosesThis comes down to Moses and Adams. I must say, i've seen adams play and i don't think he'll be all that good at the pro level. Moses stands out to me as a guy that can make the jump in a good way. He won't be a great pass rusher out of the gate but I think he could be a star with time. OLB: Paul PoslusznyKind of like AJ Hawk. Scary guy to match up against. He'll be a decent NFL player down the road a few years.</div>I'd kill to get anyone of these guys.

5. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

QB: Brian Brohm - LouisvilleRB: Garrett Wolfe - Northern IllnoisFB: Brian Leonard - RutgersWR: Calvin Johnson - Georgia TechOT: Sam Baker - USCOG: Josh Beekman - Boston CollegeC: Kyle Young - Fresno State4-3DE: Gaines Adams - ClemsonDT: Frank Okam - TexasOLB: Paul Poslusney - Penn StateMLB: Patrick Willis - Ole Miss3-4DE: Alan Branch - MichiganNT: NoneOLB: LaMar Woodley - MichiganILB: H.B. Blades - PittsburghCB: Daymeion Hughes - CalS: Reggie Nelson - FloridaK: Mason Crosby - ColoradoP: Adam Podlesh - Maryland

6. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 1 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>RB: Garrett Wolfe - Northern Illnois</div> [​IMG]

7. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

QB - Reed MankeHB - Ryan Chappell (even though he's only a freshmen.. he counts)FB - Trent ChristensenWR - Weston DresslerTE - Will KuslerOT - Brett BauerOG - Justin MuschaC - Mitch BraegelmannDE - Jared Enger (He may be a 28 year old senior.. but still draft eligible)DT - Adam WolffOLB - Steve BrennanMLB - Dan UllspergerCB - Donovan AlexanderS - Jason Hoffschneider (Plays CB in college, but scouts think he's better suited as a safety)K - Brandon Hellevang (Also a freshmen, but has made 65 yard kicks in practice.. he's made them by a few yards too..)P - Brent Halfmann

8. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Dec 1 2006, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 1 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>RB: Garrett Wolfe - Northern Illnois</div> [​IMG]</div>Yup. It's so funny when he's on pace to have 2000 yards and 20 Touchdowns this season. :whistling:

9. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 1 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ Dec 1 2006, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 1 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>RB: Garrett Wolfe - Northern Illnois</div> [​IMG]</div>Yup. It's so funny when he's on pace to have 2000 yards and 20 Touchdowns this season. :whistling:</div>*cough* JJ Arrington *cough*

10. JGleas

JGleas NFLC Banned

Why are you all hating on Crosby. You keep talking about these other guys who "reportdly" have made 65 yarders in practice. Ask any diehard Colorado fan that shows up to the games to see Mason Crosby warm-up. He HAS hit 70 yarders and is extremly accurate from long range as well. His going to be a 2nd Round pick, so you all can just stop hating on the best kicking prospect since Sebastin.

11. Brooksie5

When did anyone hate on him?

12. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

DE: Alan Branch - MichiganSorry to ruin your ummm, false info, but where is a 300 pound guy going to be a DE? Branch is a nasty NT with great speed for a big dude.

13. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Dec 2 2006, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>DE: Alan Branch - MichiganSorry to ruin your ummm, false info, but where is a 300 pound guy going to be a DE? Branch is a nasty NT with great speed for a big dude.</div> 1) The 3-4 Defense needs Sizeable Defensive Ends.New England PatriotsRichard Seymour 6'6, 310 lbsTy Warren 6'5, 300 lbsPittsburgh SteelersAaron Smith 6'5, 298 lbsBrett Keisel 6'5, 285 lbsSan Diego ChargersLuis Castillo 6'3, 290 lbsIgor Olshansky 6'6, 309 lbsNew York JetsShaun Ellis 6'5, 285 lbsKimo von Oelhoffen 6'4, 299 lbs2) There is nothing wrong with my information. I am fully aware that he plays DT in a 4-3 college, but I believe it is in his best interest to switch positions to a 3-4 Defensive End due to his Richard Seymour-like Skill Set. You want a Nose Tackle to be roughly 6 foot, because in order to be able to gain leverage against the Offensive Line you have to be able to get underneath them. When it comes to a Nose Tackle, Taller is bad because it makes it harder to get underneath them. That's why I don't believe Branch has a NFL future at Nose Tackle, because he is 6'6.

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JGleas @ Dec 2 2006, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why are you all hating on Crosby. You keep talking about these other guys who "reportdly" have made 65 yarders in practice. Ask any diehard Colorado fan that shows up to the games to see Mason Crosby warm-up. He HAS hit 70 yarders and is extremly accurate from long range as well. His going to be a 2nd Round pick, so you all can just stop hating on the best kicking prospect since Sebastin.</div>It's the kicker position, half the people don't follow College Kickers. hahaPS: Nugent > Crosby, even if Nugent has no range. [​IMG]

15. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>QB - Reed Manke</div>Who is Reed Manke?

16. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JGleas @ Dec 2 2006, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why are you all hating on Crosby. You keep talking about these other guys who "reportdly" have made 65 yarders in practice. Ask any diehard Colorado fan that shows up to the games to see Mason Crosby warm-up. He HAS hit 70 yarders and is extremly accurate from long range as well. His going to be a 2nd Round pick, so you all can just stop hating on the best kicking prospect since Sebastin.</div>Do you realize he's making these kicks at altitude?? The light air in Colorado will easily add distance on your kicks.

17. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMike23 @ Dec 3 2006, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>QB - Reed Manke</div>Who is Reed Manke?</div>I doubt you've heard of any of the guys I mentioned. They were the starters for the University of North Dakota (my team). I'm sure a few could go pro, but most.. nah.

18. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Dec 2 2006, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1) The 3-4 Defense needs Sizeable Defensive Ends.2) There is nothing wrong with my information. I am fully aware that he plays DT in a 4-3 college, but I believe it is in his best interest to switch positions to a 3-4 Defensive End due to his Richard Seymour-like Skill Set. You want a Nose Tackle to be roughly 6 foot, because in order to be able to gain leverage against the Offensive Line you have to be able to get underneath them. When it comes to a Nose Tackle, Taller is bad because it makes it harder to get underneath them. That's why I don't believe Branch has a NFL future at Nose Tackle, because he is 6'6.</div>Alan Branch outweighs each of them by AT LEAST 21 pounds. That is a big difference, especially considering he is that much bigger, being mostly the same heights as those you listed.

19. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'll only do a few.QB: Chad Henne - MichiganWhen you look at the history of Michigan quarterbacks, Henne is next in line. You have Brady, Navarre, Griese, Henson, and Grbac. Henne is one of the most accomplished to come out of the school. I have a feeling he'll be like a Frye or Gradkowski or possibly the Michigan hero of Brady, starter gets injured and he gets thrown into the fire and succeeds. If not him, I'm going with JaMarcus Russell. I'm not the hugest fan of him but if you look at the success Vince Young is having, Russell has the chance to duplicate his success and will probably get to sit behind a vet QB and learn. As for sleepers, Isiah Stanback.RB: Kenny Irons - AuburnPersonally, I feel Irons will be better than the 2 before him in Cadillac and Ronnie Brown. He can take hits but he also shows the breakaway speed. Behind him is Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. A few sleepers I think are Lorenzo Booker, Garret Wolfe, and Tyrone Moss.WR: Calvin Johnson - Georgia TechI don't see how you could say otherwise. The guy is big, fast, strong, amazing hands. He's everything you want in a WR. Behind him, I would put Dwyane Jarrett and Mario Manningham. I agree with whoever said Jarrett has the ability to be like Keyshawn and I think Manningham could be a Berrian type of player. A personal favorite of mine is Sidney Rice.TE: Zach Miller - ASUDecent speed for a tight end. There's no Vernon Davis this year but I think Miller is one of those lower level TEs that could produce.T: Joe Thomas - Nebraska / Sam Baker - USC / Levin Brown - Penn StateI like big powerful guys on the outside cause pushing a DE off balance is a lot better than just being able to keep them from going around. All 3 have the size I would want to make the big holes on the line and protect the QB.G: Justin Blalock - TexasThe line was key when it came down to how Colt McCoy could produce this year. Blalock was the standout of the bunch.C: Doug Datish - Ohio StateLike the guard, he's the anchor of an important line.DE: Gaines Adams - ClemsonHe's fast, good foot speed. Versatile and can drop back into zone coverage. Good frame but not bulky.What more could you ask for from your DE?DT: Alan Branch - MichiganYou need someone to clog the middle and the biggest guy available usually will do it the best. The Michigan D-line this year was simply monster against the run.OLB: Paul Posuluszy - Penn StateI don't think you look elsewhere. You can't ignore him on the field or he'll burn you. I think David Holloway is a player that will fall late but have the Bart Scott ability. He's super strong and can run the field.ILB: Patrick Willis - Ole MissYou hear about Buster Davis but Patrick Willis is bigger and faster. He runs all over the feel making plays. I think ultimately, he's picked behind Buster but early 2nd... possibly late 1st by a team like the Colts or Ravens who need a young ILB.CB: Leon Hall - Michigan / Marcus McClauley - Fresno StI looked up Daymeion Hughes but the problem I have with him is that he's listed at 4.55 in the 40. With the emphasis on speed in the NFL, guys like Leon Hall and McClauley are better choices. All 3 should be good CBs though. S: LaRon Landry - LSU / Michael Griffin - Texas / Reggie Nelson - FloridaAll 3 have the ability to lay the lumber. All are standouts on their defense and are players you have to keep track of when you're throwing or running deep.K: Mason Crosby - ColoradoSay what you want to say about how high he's kicking, he still plays half of his games away and he can still make those long field goals. Whoever gets him will be a lucky team.P: Adam Podlesh - MarylandI have to go hometown with this one. Podlesh helped the bad Maryland defense a lot this season by consistently nailing kicks with good hangtime.

20. Brooksie5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Dec 3 2006, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'll only do a few.QB: Chad Henne - MichiganWhen you look at the history of Michigan quarterbacks, Henne is next in line. You have Brady, Navarre, Griese, Henson, and Grbac. Henne is one of the most accomplished to come out of the school. I have a feeling he'll be like a Frye or Gradkowski or possibly the Michigan hero of Brady, starter gets injured and he gets thrown into the fire and succeeds. If not him, I'm going with JaMarcus Russell. I'm not the hugest fan of him but if you look at the success Vince Young is having, Russell has the chance to duplicate his success and will probably get to sit behind a vet QB and learn. As for sleepers, Isiah Stanback.T: Joe Thomas - Nebraska Sam Baker - USC / Levin Brown - Penn StateI like big powerful guys on the outside cause pushing a DE off balance is a lot better than just being able to keep them from going around. All 3 have the size I would want to make the big holes on the line and protect the QB.</div>QB - Don't list too big of names now [​IMG] .T - Thomas is from Wisconsin, not Nebraska.