which team played best against Bulls last 3 championships?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Jermainiac, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="red">I think that the Indiana Pacers were the only team that wuz ever a threat to them. Reggie vs. MJ was the best rivalry in the game! The Pacers came so close to beating them in the conference finals in the last 2 years. Then, they would go on to play Utah. They beat us in 7, they beat Utah in 5 and 6. I say Pacers, easily.</font>

2. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah man I remember Bulls vs Pacers games.
    It ws awesome,I never liked Bulls so much so soi I was always Pacer fan(in these games only)
    Miller,Jackson,Rose vs Jordan,Pippen,Kukoc,Rodman.

It was awesome,Pacers were always so close but they never won.

I agree with you PACERS

3. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

I say Utah. If it was not for MJ stockton,malone,gary payton and some other really good players would have a ring or two by now.

4. Jermainiac

I'm glad that a Laker fan finally agrees with me on sumthin! :mrgreen: [​IMG]

wasn't Reggie awesome back then???!!!

5. Pacers Fan

Pacers Fan JBB JustBBall Member

yeah he was but i think he lost it
    we have have a new team leader + go-to guy + Mr. Clutch
    Jermaine O'Neal
    i think all we need is reggie's leadership but we shouldn't play him
    make him the assistant to isiah. that'd rule. reggie could be a good coach [​IMG]
    we are great now and as teams like the spurs, lakers, kings and mavs, get old, they will dismantle and it will be.
    Pacers vs. NBA
    there will then be a thread Who played the best against the Pacers on the way to their couple of rings

6. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Tought teams were

The Knicks were a Charles Smith 1 footer away from taking out the Bulls.

But Utah has to be the team who had the best chance at taking out the Bulls.

7. ilovereggie31

ilovereggie31 JBB JustBBall Member

Team that came closest to taking out the Bulls

I most totally agree with Jermainiac when he said the Pacers, without a single doubt. I watched All of those games and let's face it, the Pacers had the Bulls scared to death!!!! Even MJ said it himself if you'll remember, especially in 97, if it hadn't been for the refs, in danger of sounding like a whiner, preferential treatment of Jordan, the Pacers would've won that championship hand's down. That team of Reggie, Mark Jackson, the Davis boys and Travis Best, that was something beautiful to watch!!!!!
    I forget who said Utah, but they weren't watching the same championship I was in 97 because after the Bulls finally took the Pacers out in the 7th game( if my memory serves me correctly, that is), the Jazz didn't stand a chance of beating the Bulls. So how could it have been them?
    I usually agree with most of what Pacersrule has to say but not this time, when he says Reggie is no good anymore. PR, remember last years' play-offs with the Nets? Good ol' Reg came through, as he often does in the clutch, he really shines during play-off and his ppg's go WAY up. There's NO ONE on the team I'd rather see get the ball when we are down by 2 or 3 and only have a few seconds left before the buzzer goes off because he so keeps his cool and just steps back and swish, the game is ours again.
    I do agree with you however about Jermaine being the MAN right now and he is MVP on our team BUT how are you going to say that Reg is done, after all he's done for the Pacers? He could've had so many championship rings by now if he'd gone elsewhere but he has always remained loyal to the Pacers and I'd DEARLY love to see him get his ring before he retires, and I believe it is a very attainable goal....anyway, without a DOUBT it was the PACERS!!!!!! Peace [​IMG]

8. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">From the East? Pacers and Knicks. From the West? Jazz.</font>

9. Jermainiac

Re: Team that came closest to taking out the Bulls

I totally agree with everything u said ilovereggie31! I cannot believe how PacersRule thinks so lowely of him! I've known Chris for a year now. He's a Reg hater! U see, he just got into bball 3 years ago, so he doesn't remember Reggie when he wuz a god. He has no loyalty to him!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "ilovereggie31":</div><div class="quote_post">That team of Reggie, Mark Jackson, the Davis boys and Travis Best, that was something beautiful to watch!!!!! </div>

Dude, u forgot about Rick Smits and Chris Mullen, Derrick McKey, and in the later 90's, Rose. They were all big parts of that team.

10. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

Pacers were really good in 90's.
    Too bad they didn't win any tittle.
    They were awesome against Bullls but they were not so good against the LAkers [​IMG]

11. Jermainiac

In 97 and 98, we woulda won the champ if there wuz no bulls.

12. ilovereggie31

ilovereggie31 JBB JustBBall Member

Jermainiac

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, u forgot about Rick Smits and Chris Mullen, Derrick McKey, and in the later 90's, Rose. They were all big parts of that team.</div>

I really didn't forget about Smits, Mullins or Rose, they were awesome too, I just off the top of my head came up with my favs but I never cared for McKey's play. He was very inconsistent and never really earned what he was paid, partially due to injuries, that of course weren't his fault.

And by the way, I'm Dudette, NOT Dude...LOL [​IMG]