Who do you think will be available....

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Orion Bailey, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

this coming trade deadline that would be a home run swing attempt for us?

Personally I think it is Durant. I am praying to... well whoever, that the Thunder have another crappy season and Durant voices to them he is moving to get them to make a trade. If this happens, and I think it is likely, I think we swing for the fences.

Who do you think is in the last year or two of their contract that is going to want to be split/traded this coming deadline that would be a second guy to put next to Dame?

2. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

Durant is not coming here. If he wants to be traded he is going to a contender or a big market. Maybe we are involved as a third team. I don't see him leaving OKC. It is way too early to evaluate whether this team is even a buyer at the deadline. I say make trades for picks, not players.

Eastoff and illmatic99 like this.
  3. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

It could be cousins if the kings are looking bad. Rubio from the Minnesota.

dviss1 and Orion Bailey like this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Picks? Why on earth would we want picks? Picks at this point would not be developed in time to fit with Dame.

We have 8 lotto picks on the team already. Someone please explain to me how picks are going to benefit building around Dame?

Also, it isn't about whether the player wants to come here or not, it is simply who do you think will want to be moved that would be a fit for this team and would be a home run swing?

So are you saying because you don't think Durant would want to come here, you don't go after him if he voices unhappiness? That's pretty silly. You never get ANYTHING in life if you don't try for it....

I think your fork needs to sober up. :)

dviss1 likes this.
  5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Cousins too yes. Personally I think Id rather have Durant than Cousins though.

6. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

Of course I would take Durant or Boogie, but I just don't think it is realistic. Maybe we can get LMA back, why not?

7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Come on. Its summertime man. Allot of what is discussed these days are unrealistic, but it doesn't mean they are impossible. Yes, LBJ will also be a free agent and we could go after signing him, but that's way more unrealistic than getting an all star via trade. I am hoping there is someone who can make as much of an impact that I might not be aware of that is coming up on the end of his contract and isn't currently happy..or wont be happy come the trade deadline.

Right now, Cousins and Durant seem to be viable candidates and to not at least try would be insane. Now LMA is just a silly comment... trying to be semi serious here. :)

8. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Can I please have the 90 seconds on my life back that I spent reading this ridiculous thread??

BonesJones likes this.
  9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I think we'll trade for that Aldridge guy in San Antonio.

10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So being a Blazer fan, you don't see this as a very viable topic of discussion? If not, I suggest get back more than your 90 seconds and don't open any threads. :)

There have been similar discussions , but nothing specific about who might be unhappy and might invoke a trade at the deadline from their team and who would be a game changer.

dviss1 likes this.
  11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Ugh... I expected more from you!

12. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Thinking about this really shines a light on how little premier talent there is in the NBA at the moment.

Orion Bailey and dviss1 like this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I really have no idea who the Blazers will trade for. I think we're in an asset acquisition phase right now, while not looking to improve on this season's win total in order to keep our draft pick.

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Well that's silly. Of course. But that's a pipe dream. We had our chance to get Durant and we honked once...

Eastoff and Hobbesarable like this.
  15. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Only so we can do to him what Suge did to Eazy...

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Any trade deadline moves will be determined by teams that tried something and failed. Olshey has a lot of ties to the Clips so I'd start there. If they underachieve...Blake Griffin is his guy. If Cleveland underachieves you'll see Kevin Love's name tossed around again. If the Bucks screw up..Monroe might want out early. Crapshoot but Olshey is closest to Griffin so I'd guess he might be a more obvious star pickup than Durant or LBJ.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

John Wall is another guy who is really close to Lillard and if CJ or Hendo don't pan out..Wall might be interested

HailBlazers and Orion Bailey like this.
  18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Im, thinking not necessarily who we will target, but who out there do you think will become disgruntled and demand a trade that would be a game changing player for us?

Yeah, but that was via draft and at that time a Center was a more glaring need. I understand passing on Durant for Oden in the draft, but things have now changed.

Im not very familiar with John Wall. Is he a legit game changer? also he plays the 3, right?

19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Missed this. Griffin is certainly a possibility, but I don't know if it will be as much as a possibility that Durant asks to be traded. Jordan just signed, so I think he would give that big three a couple years. But your right. If he does demand something, he would be a game changer and a player of need for us.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

He's a combo guard for the Wizards, suited to the 2 guard spot