Who is the MVP so far?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by LaBballFan, Jan 27, 2003.

1. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe?
    KG?
    Duncan?
    Kidd?
    Pierce?

Kobe,so far, has risen to the top of the league with his play this season. Leads the league in Triple Doubles, had a record breaking game, is second in points per game, 1st in most points scored overall this season, top 10 in assists. Third in steals.

The only player averaging 28, 7, 8.

To start the season the Lakers easily could have been 5-5, not 3-9 (if Devean George didn't make the last second mistake of Stackhouse scoring at the buzzer, and if Kobes role players showed up in Overtime at Boston).

The guys game is unbelievable this season. The only 3 other players that have any remote chance are Dirk, T-Mac, and Kidd.

To laugh at the thought of Kobe winning MVP means your not a fan of the GAME, but either a hater or just a fan of your own team without regard of what anyone else in the league is doing.

The Lakers have turned into Kobes team, and when he goes they go. Shaq is still part of the 1-2 punch, but the transition has come to full fruition. Kobe is no longer in anyones shadows, and the world is taking notice.
    Only thing is.....Lakers don't have .500 record

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

I dont really know who is the MVP right now but I will choose Jason Kidd. He should have one last year and this year he is scoring more and his fg % is up and his team is winning.

3. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

It really depends on how u judge it. Stat-wise, Kobe, or maybe T-Mac, would win. They r clearly the 2 best players in the L this year. If u're judging stats, and the better team, it would be Dirk, or Webber, or Kidd, or Jermaine O'Neal because they r stars of winning teams.

4. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

MVP

Jason Kidd hands down. I hope he doesn't get snubbed again.

5. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

If Lakers can be 500 team I am sure kobe should be MVP

27-8-7-
    Amazing
    1st in triple doubles
    Top 10 in double doubles
    2nd scorer in the whole league
    2nd SG in rebounds
    Top 10 in assists
    Top 5 in steals

Unbeleivable all around stats,MJ is the last who had stats like that
    (33-8-7) back in 87.
    Kobe is just amazing.
    T Mac is second,hands down.Also great all around stats.
    Jason Kidd is third,he's close to T Mac.Good as always,he's making his team better and he's making his teammates better.
    Amazing

6. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">I think Kobe Bryant is the most deserving player for the MVP award so far. Even though I don't think he will get it due to the Laker's record, and also, Shaq gets most of the credit when Lakers do well.

I have a feeling Kidd will win it though, he deserved it last year and he aint get it. Without Kidd, Nets are nothing. </font>

7. thuggedout108nj

thuggedout108nj JBB JustBBall Member

Kidd for sure.

J. Kidd was robbed of it last year and seems destined to get it this year. His FG% is up. His points PPG are up and the Nets are the same if not better than last year. Once the team is healthy we will see what Jason Kidd is capable of. He will have more shooters to get the ball to and more help down low once Mutombo is healthy.