WHO IS TRADED BY THE DEADLINE?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Blazinaway, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Let's have some fun and list players who might not be a Blazer by the deadline. I am going to list them in order of who I think s most likely to be moved:

1. RoCo
    2. CJ (if healthy and playing)
    3. Nurk
    4. Nance
    5. Norm
    6. Ant

I am not going to list players I consider throw ins or salary balancers. I think we have a decent chance to trade at least THREE of those listed.

2. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

that bum nurkic is surely gone or at least should be

LayneStaley and SwissBlazer like this.
  3. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Don't you think he wants to leave? I do.
    He's been here a while now, he's going to bet on himself and sign somewhere sunny.
    He's not going to want to stay for a rebuild.

4. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    Portland are sellers that’s for sure, maybe biggest sellers at the deadline. Fire sale, come and get it.

Bingo Bango and GriLtCheeZ like this.
  5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

there's a wide range of acceptable trades, but I'm prepared to be disappointed

6. James lamphear

James lamphear Well-Known Member

Roco for sure just because expiring contract.
    Nurk maybe that's if they can find center that fits this team better and also expiring contract.
    Maybe some like elbry or brown has fillers in a trade.
    I don't see CJ or Powell being traded at deadline.

7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Roco will be traded and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they did with Ant what they did with Gary Trent Jr and sold high on him.......Nurk I'm not sure...Chauncey has to learn that Nurk isn't quick enough to hedge which is why Stotts kept him in drop coverage....Nance can hedge and recover...they might want to trade Nurk for a quicker big but in my view....if Dame wants Nurk here, Nurk will stay. I think Nurk's agent has another plan for him though. Probably a big market destination if we don't trade him. He's finally started playing like it's a contract year.

8. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

Prob just RoCo.

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They need to trade him for a guy that makes 3 million less than him to get under the cap.

10. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

This is what im thinking too. I think we keep Nurk thru the summer and re-sign him in hopes of trading him later. CJ is just too undervalued right now, and its gonna be hard to get anything of value with how little Ant/Nas make.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

To me it's not how little they make...it's how much bigger we can get.....we need bigger wings and Ant could get you a guy 6'8 who can shoot and defend at least as well as he does if not better....depends on whether we want to eat 20 mill it'll cost to keep Ant next year.....we don't have that kind of scratch now with Dame CJ Norm and Nurk if he re-signs. Ant has too much raw talent to be stuck behind 3 veteran guards we have now. I'd do him a solid and trade him to his hometown team Orlando ...he'd be a crowd favorite there.

12. Hoopguru

I think RoCo stays here on a reasonable contract.
    Nurk will sign elsewehere.
    CJ along with Naz and some will be traded before deadline.
    We've got to give Dame a chance next year and beyond.

13. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

CJ and ant.

Nas stays.

14. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

Can we trade the "owner"?
    Do anything Joe, just make that team BIGGER!!!!
    Like watching a chess team wrestle a football team out there.

riverman, Hoopguru and BigGameDamian like this.
  15. Hoopguru

That would be my preference but in order to trade CJ w/his huge contract we will need to probably include him. I could see teams bent on Naz as part of the package. If the player we are trading for is an all star or close and over 6'8" tall, give up Naz if thats what they want.

16. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

WHO IS TRADED BY THE DEADLINE?

my vote is for anyone who feels the need to type in all caps, FAMS!

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

CJ, Nurk, Roco are all gone by the deadline

1 Eye Jack, UKRAINEFAN and blazerkor like this.
  18. KSF-ERIC

I think his point is Ant and Nas can’t be traded for stars who make big money. For a big name Star, CJ’s $30 million has to be in the deal. And Orlando doesn’t need Ant. They have a borderline All Star in Cole Anthony. Plus Fultz and Suggs.

19. KSF-ERIC

I wish. Actually, I’d rather us tank first and then improve team in offseason.

20. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I have absolutely no feel for this at all. Cronin seems to be in a position where he has to distinguish himself from bigger names that want the spot he currently holds on an interim basis. That would logically tell me that he has to make a deal to a few deals that are transformative to this floundering roster. However, I've thought the same thing about Olshey many times and he just made tiny upgrades or no moves at all. The difference is Cronin is interim and has no job security at all (I'm pretty sure since he's interim that if ownership wanted it wouldn't even make a lot of waives to start interviewing his replacement after the deadline if they're not impressed) and our team is doing worse than it has in years under Olshey.

If I had to guess based on what I've read from national journalists and local journalists from around the league RoCo is the most likely and probably will be gone, the second most likely is Nurk, after that there aren't a lot of reports of specific teams with interest in our other guys but more vague and general ideas. Logic would dictate that we can't keep Ant, CJ, Norm and Dame that would be at least 107M spent on guards under 6'4", when the cap is supposed to be 119M next season. So although I would trade CJ first and foremost and would likely try to get good value for Ant and Norm as well, my gut tells me that Ant is the third most likely to be moved.

After that who really knows. If Cronin is trying to make a name for himself he will definitely also trade CJ. I think a lot of this depends on what the prognosis is for Dame's injury. We really could see a complete blowup besides Dame and Nas. So I think CJ is the fourth most likely, Norm fifth and Nance sixth. The minimum guys could get traded too but I don't have any clue about that and don't care too much either. If Nas is needed to land an all star level player then he could also be gone but I'm not listing him because I want him to stay.