Who leaves Portland this offseason?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blazersrule50, Apr 9, 2005.

1. blazersrule50

blazersrule50 JBB JustBBall Member

Im not very sure whos going 2 go but i just know that they need 2 keep joel, telfair, and z bo. Thats key. they all have a big future in Portland, we dont want another jermaine o'neal incident.

2. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

well, i wouldnt be suprissed if Damon left. he is a free agent and he has been doing so well with the blazers ( 16 ppg 3 rpg and 5 apg. and better latley) i really dont want him to leave but he deserves better. he got off of drugs and every thing. we are keeping joel and telfair (not free agents) and will probobly keep z-bo and trade rahime.

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

John Nash would probably sign Vladimir Stepania for a 7 year 70 million$ contract [​IMG] [​IMG] if Chris Mullin can do it - Nash can do it too!

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

How about Darius Miles? Do Blazer fans feel he should be part of the long-term future of the team?

The Blazers have a lot of young talent, but they need to find the right coach to gel this team. I see a contrast in style between Zach Randolph and Sebastian Telfair because Randolph likes punishing teams inside the paint, while Telfair likes to push the tempo. I'm sure there is a compromise somewhere between the two styles, but it's going to take the right coach to gel this team. I think the Blazers also need some quality veterans brought in. Getting rid of Damon Stoudamire is a plus, but that leaves guys like Patterson, Derek Anderson, and Theo Ratliff as the only veterans. Both Patterson and Anderson have been team cancers in Portland, and the last thing a new coach wants to deal with is whiney veterans.

The Blazers will take a strong look at Flip Saunders, but if he though Cassell and Sprewell where trouble, he's going to hate the chemistry problems in Portland.

5. blazersrule50

Damon cannot leave, he's portlands only "history", if he leaves then we'll only have the new guys, cause sheed, bonzi, (sa)bonis, smith, grant all left

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think the obvious one that will be leaving is going to be Abdur-Rahim. He has no real future with this team. When Randolph gets healthy next season, it's likely he could be reduced to the bench or be pushed out of position to the small forward. The only reason he's done so well this year is because of the injury to Randolph. However, like I said, when he comes back, where is Shareef supposed to go?

Also, Stoudamire is likely to leave for a contender. He's entering the waining stages of his career and you know the hunger for a ring will get to him. He knows Portland isn't going to go anywhere and he won't be winning anything there, so why stay?

Darius Miles is another guy I think will potentially jump ship in the offseason. He's found it hard at times to stay out of trouble in Portland. He's had problems with the coach and he hasn't really fit in well with the team. I highly doubt you'll see him come back for another hell-filled campaign out in Portland. It's much more likely he will be displaying his talents in some other city next year.

7. D-Miles

D-Miles JBB JustBBall Member

but who could we trade him for ? he has a large contract thats paying him alot of money. alot of teams probobly dont want to take on that big contract with all that money.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Damon Stoudemire is a free agent this summer.

As for Miles, he's locked in until 2010. I don't think anyone will ever trade for Miles with the size and length of his contract. He's going to be a Blazer for the rest of his career.

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">
    As for Miles, he's locked in until 2010. I don't think anyone will ever trade for Miles with the size and length of his contract. He's going to be a Blazer for the rest of his career.</div>

I actually didn't realize that he was under contract still. I was under the assumption for some odd reason that he was a soon to be free agent. My bad on that. And you never know, someone could want an athletic swingman such as Darius enough that they'd be willing to give up a crapload to have him. Anything is possible. Just look at last offseason. All the people that got overpaid (Dampier, Foyle, Okur, Alston), it's always possible someone will take on some huge contract like that.

10. Bba11er08

Bba11er08 JBB JustBBall Member

They should trade Z-bo only reason they keep him is because they think he is going to turn up like Jermaine. He will never be as good as Jermaine first he needs to loose some weight and learn when to pass and when to shoot.
    He is one of the most overrated players ive seen. As a blazer fan I would love to see him get traded..

11. blazersrule50

ay man, if u were a tru blazer fan u would know how much zbo means to portland. he is our best down low AND perimeter shooter (not including 3's), he can step up any time and drill those 10, 20 footers because zbo is consistent. I'd say he will become better than jermaine over the next few years as long as he stays healthy. also if u ever watched him play u would see that he can always covert down low with his lil spin move and those fakes and everything else he does to score down low. THEY SHOULD'NT TRADE HIM

12. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bba11er08:</div><div class="quote_post">They should trade Z-bo only reason they keep him is because they think he is going to turn up like Jermaine. He will never be as good as Jermaine first he needs to loose some weight and learn when to pass and when to shoot.
    He is one of the most overrated players ive seen. As a blazer fan I would love to see him get traded..</div>

As much as i like Z-bo Portland does suffers from JermaineOphobia, Randolph is a good player but he have injuries alot lately and im not sure he is a Max contract metirial.
    In order for the Blazers to succeed the GM must understand that Randolph needs to be a follower and not a leader in this team.

13. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

sry 4 asking but whos zbo

14. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post">sry 4 asking but whos zbo</div>

Zach.

15. Got DWade?

Got DWade? JBB JustBBall Member

Randolph.

And, I think there has to be a way to unload Miles, he's a cancer. And, I don't think that you guys should get rid of zbo, I personally do think he can turn out like jo

16. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Got DWade?:</div><div class="quote_post">Randolph.

And, I think there has to be a way to unload Miles, he's a cancer. And, I don't think that you guys should get rid of zbo, I personally do think he can turn out like jo</div>

Make an offer to the Knicks. I'm sure Isiah Thomas would jump all over that marvelous contract of his.

Ok, in all seriousness though, you're gonna be hardpressed to find a team that will want to take it on. He's overpaid and doesn't do enough for what he makes. I don't think there are many teams that will want to take that contract on.

17. Bba11er08

Bba11er08 JBB JustBBall Member

I have watched alot of the blazer games, I just dont like Zach, dont like the way he plays or his decision making.

18. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting blazersrule50:</div><div class="quote_post">ay man, if u were a tru blazer fan u would know how much zbo means to portland. he is our best down low AND perimeter shooter (not including 3's), he can step up any time and drill those 10, 20 footers because zbo is consistent. I'd say he will become better than jermaine over the next few years as long as he stays healthy. also if u ever watched him play u would see that he can always covert down low with his lil spin move and those fakes and everything else he does to score down low. THEY SHOULD'NT TRADE HIM</div>
    How dare you. How DARE you. Just because someone is not fond of Zach Randolph doesnt mean we aren't a tru(e) fan. So people all turn their heads when he publically complains about getting benched for maybe 5 minute intervals, tops? I am a tru(e) Blazer fan, and I am not a fan of Zach Randolph. Our team is not built around the slow down banger type of offense, now we got associated with the run and gun and I can see it working for us in the future. Zach isn't consistent either, he is a good player but in my mind he is not the future of this franchise, and we should trade him. Don't get me wrong, he has talent, but I do not like his style of play and I think it conflicts with the rest of the Portland team. Unless Zach willingly changes his style of play, then I see a problem with him fitting in in the near future. Shareef and Zach both play the same kind of offense, and so I'd like to see one or both of them go.

19. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">John Nash would probably sign Vladimir Stepania for a 7 year 70 million$ contract [​IMG] [​IMG] if Chris Mullin can do it - Nash can do it too!</div>
    Baa-ziiing

20. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Baa-ziiing</div>

Chris Mullins's Warriors would probably be one of the hottest teams in the west next season but the problem is that it won't be becasue of Fisher,Foyle or any other overpaid player...kinda shame that some contrarts and moves put a stain on his GM career.
    oh well better start laughing at Iseah Thomas some more and compare him to John Nash more often.