". . . who outrebounded the Sonics 56-21."

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by odde23, Nov 9, 2005.

1. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

". . . who outrebounded the Sonics 56-21."

This is going to be a long season, isn't it?

Let the finger pointing begin.

Insulting the injury is losing one of the two people in the Sonics organization that decided to play basketball this year. Anyone else feel like they are watching a train wreck?

2. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

All I saw were the garbage time minutes, but it seems obvious nobody know what they're doing on the court.

Defining roles, the major thing Nate got right last year, Bob is apparently incapable of doing right now.

3. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

I didn't see the game. I won't see many this season. So if you did, please answer a few questions for me.

How does Fortson play only 12 minutes?
    Is Ridnour playing as poorly as his stats suggest?
    What is with Ridnour anyway?
    Realizing that Rad was gaurding James, did he at least try?
    21 in the first half for James, where was the weakside help?
    How is Evans playing, and why is he not getting more minutes?
    In a game like this, why didn't Allen take 25 shots?
    How does Vlade get 1 rebound in 33 minutes?
    Is Collison doing anything to earn his playing time?

thanks.

4. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Luke is basically bringing the ball upcourt and passing it off. That's it.

5. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

oh man...yesterday night was a disaster.

I hope that someone will step up. Please!

6. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't see the game. I won't see many this season. So if you did, please answer a few questions for me.

How does Fortson play only 12 minutes?
    Is Ridnour playing as poorly as his stats suggest?
    What is with Ridnour anyway?
    Realizing that Rad was gaurding James, did he at least try?
    21 in the first half for James, where was the weakside help?
    How is Evans playing, and why is he not getting more minutes?
    In a game like this, why didn't Allen take 25 shots?
    How does Vlade get 1 rebound in 33 minutes?
    Is Collison doing anything to earn his playing time?

thanks.</div>

I think I can pretty much answer all these questions with "badly, no, and we suck"

Seriously though I had no idea that losing AD was going to hit us this hard. I think about 70% of our problems are problems that AD would answer.

7. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

You guys should've kept Jerome James

8. M_Cage89

M_Cage89 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dallasdude:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys should've kept Jerome James</div>

I know its early, but this statement is the early favorite for "signature of the year." SD's "...eat my hat" may have been leading up to this point - but this comment clearly takes the cake.

Lets run down JJ's performance thus far....

Min/Pts/Reb/Fouls

8/4/1/4
    3/0/1/3
    7/0/3/3
    DNP-CD

In 4 games, he's logged 18 minutes, 4 points, 4 rebounds, and 10 fouls. Looks like he's tearing it up in his new uniform.

9. tkeep13

tkeep13 JBB JustBBall Member

Jerome James has no effect on how they are playing right now, if anything he would contribute to the sloppy play. Though I agree AD is a huge factor, I just dont see ball movement being crisp or even there at all at times. They look nothing like last years team and I think it starts with the coach, how about a little emotion when someone screws up big time? Be the coach, not a friend.

10. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coolguy777:</div><div class="quote_post">Seriously though I had no idea that losing AD was going to hit us this hard. I think about 70% of our problems are problems that AD would answer.</div>

I didn't realize that AD could score in the post, dominate the glass, block shots, and shoot a high percentage from 3.

I think our current problems are much more than just losing AD. We'll find out on Friday how much Washington entrusts Daniels with the fate of their franchise.

11. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

I think Coolguy's point was that while AD may not have given us the production of Tim Duncan, he could be the third scorer, and he could run the offense. Right now, everybody looks lost without Ray on the court.

12. Coolguy777

Coolguy777 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Casual:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Coolguy's point was that while AD may not have given us the production of Tim Duncan, he could be the third scorer, and he could run the offense. Right now, everybody looks lost without Ray on the court.</div>

TY casual. Our biggest problems this year are play from our starting and backup pgs, energy, leadership, and a 3rd scorer. The gaping hole is Antonio Daniels. Like I said only 70% of it though shiek the rest goes to are bigs not getting it done like they can.

13. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dallasdude:</div><div class="quote_post">You guys should've kept Jerome James</div>

Why? So they could get into the penalty quicker every quarter? Jerome James is no answer on the glass or on defense. The man has provided nothing in New York, and will continue to.

Not to mention, I don't see Jerome helping out with ball movement, the man is black hole when he gets the ball. He either turns it over or misses consistently doesn't hit the glass on his own shots. Isiah made his own bed and now he's sleeping in it. As for the Supes, they've had a couple tough games, but what do you expect with your number two scoring option sidelined, and your number one option still hobbled a bit? It's just how it goes. I don't think it's time to worry yet. A win in Washington and all is right with the world.

14. Shard

Shard Hi2u

I'm really hoping this is all a formality for a newer group of players/staff trying to gel together. Although getting dominated two days in a row is not cause for optimism.

Something is obviously not working, and Weiss needs to address it. Getting outrebounded so badly is just embarrassing. Larry Hughes had more rebounds than any one of our guys.... we just don't even look like we're trying when it comes to getting boards. Let's get it together for Washington.