Who will be the hottest team in the second half of the year?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by thuggedout108nj, Feb 7, 2003.

1. thuggedout108nj

thuggedout108nj JBB JustBBall Member

The Nets will have a strong finish. They will end up first in the East. With the return of Rodney Rogers they will have more depth. When Mutombo returns in March that will put the finishing touch on what is already a pretty complete team. Don't be suprised to see them back in the NBA Finals this year.

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers are gonna play great the second half of the season. So will the pistons.

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I think it will unfortunately be the Lakers. Kobe is playing his best ball ever and SHAQ is stepping it up.

But the Mavs have been playing great ball too though.

4. ilovereggie31

ilovereggie31 JBB JustBBall Member

reply to what team will play well in 2nd half of season.

[​IMG] Well, I'm probably kinda prejudiced, but I think it'll most definately be the Pacers, as long as Artest can keep his cool and not get any more suspensions, that is.
    You all know the Pacers always pick up their level of intensity in the 2nd half of the season, it's almost like they think there's still plenty of time in the beginning of the season and they usually end up losing games they never should have lost, to teams with virtually NO talent...and they beat the talented teams, especially if played at Conseco. Sometimes they make me sooooo irritated at them, I wanna shake em!!!!! LOL
    Anyway IMO it'll be the Pacers in the East and the Kings in the West.

5. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

pobably the timberwolves, they finally have help for garnett this year!!!!!!!

6. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

While I hate to admit it, the Lakers will probably be the best team of the 2nd half. They need to finish strong to get a decent spot in the playoffs. Another team on a roll now, and who should keep playing strongly is the Pistons. They finished the first half with 4 wins, but more impressively 3 straight blowouts. That included a 52(!) point thrashing of the Celts and 22 point win over the Nets. They are stronger than most teams think, and they're my pick for the Eastern Champs. The last team I see doing well is the Blazers. Ever since Pippen took over the point, they've really come together.

7. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with that

8. aTTiCuS

aTTiCuS JBB JustBBall Member

Spurs have picked it up....nut SJax and Manu look pretty hurt. Blazers lookin good...i say Lakers end up 45-37, Spurs 55-27, Blazers 52-30, Mavs 62-20, Pacers 56-26, Nets 58-24, Pistons 51-31.

9. Evan the Beast

Evan the Beast JBB Banned Member

I wanna say the Sonics, but everyone's getting hurt, so I don't see it happening. Therefore, I must go with the Mavs.

10. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">Lakers, they play some tough teams in their last 9 or 10 games of the season though. </font>