who will be the key players for this season?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by subrock, Oct 6, 2004.

1. subrock

subrock JBB JustBBall Member

There's a lot of unknown players on this roster, and its hard to see who will be the key players for this team during the season. I think Okafer is the one name that sticks out, and there's also a big question mark on Gerald Wallace. I think Jahidi White will end up to be a key contributor because of his experience as well.

2. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Gerald Wallace is going to have a breakout season. He will most likely be getting the ball a lot for this Bobcat team.

Another guy to watch for is vertern guard Steve Smith. He is going to be a big impact on the younger guys. They will learn a lot of things by watching him.

3. harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom JBB JustBBall Member

I hope that Wallace can make something of his career being in Charlotte. He could have done some great things in Sac, but I think he was just not happy with the fact that there was no way he was going to ever start there & that attitude showed up in the minutes he did get towards the end of his days in Sac.

4. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

Kapono, Wallace and Okafor. Brandon Hunter would be a key guy off the bench, he was a beast when he played for the celtics.

5. Hendrix

Hendrix JBB JustBBall Member

yeah Kopono, Steve Smith, Wallace, okafor, Hunter, Knight could all play well

6. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Okafor in the paint, Kapono around the perimeter, and Wallace attacking the hoop...sounds interesting [​IMG]

A couple of guys that no team would put on a starting five, yet now they have their chance...it'll be great watching them.

7. aZn.JuStIcE

aZn.JuStIcE JBB JustBBall Member

definitely okafor, wallace, kapono, knight, smith

8. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Definately looking foward to seeing Gerald breaking out. I see Okafor doing a good job as well. Anybody think Gerald is gonna average 20 points this coming season?

9. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I don't know about 20. Maybe around 14-15 at the most.

10. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Gerald Wallace, Jason Kapono, and Emeka Okafor are going to be their 3 go-to guys because they have the most potential and upside out of everyone on the team. I think that the major contributors after those three are going to be Melvin Ely, Bernard Robinson and Theron Smith.

11. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    My projected starting lineup for the Cats would be:
    Jason Hart
    Jason Kapono
    Gerald Wallace
    Brandon Hunter
    Emeka Okafor

Out of those five, I see Okafor, Wallace and Hart as the three primary options. Out of the three, I see Wallace leading the team in points at around 16-18ppg. Okafor and Hunter would be good for about 25 combined, and 15 rebounds, every night. Hart and Kapono will be mid to long range shooters and I expect them to total about 15 points too.

12. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I don't see Hunter starting. They are most likely going to start brezec, he had a decent performance during the first couple pre season games, I don't see why they wouldn't start him during the season.

13. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

My PREDICTIONS

C - Primoz Brezec (15.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.2 apg) He'll be the leading rebounder on the team im sure...This guy is over 7 foot and he will finally get his opportunity to be a good rebounding C. On any other team though he would suck...hes just on the Bobcats HAHAHAHA!

PF - Emeka Okafor (18.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.8 apg) Im sure Emeka will be the leading scorer for the team with Gerald right behind him. He'll also be the 2nd leading rebounder because Kapono and Hart will be shooting alot and either Brezec or Okafor will be there to grab all the boards.

SF - Gerald Wallace (17.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.9 apg) Wallace is going to be the captain of the team doing everything instead of just rebounding and scoring. He wont only be doing that but he will also dish assists, steal the ball, and almost everything. He will be the biggest and main factor of the Charlotte Bobcats.

SG - Brevin Knight (9.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 7.9 apg) If he starts hes going to be spectacular dishing out assists. His first year he averaged 8.2 apg and 2 years after that he averaged over 7 apg. After the first 3 years...he got cheated. He played no minutes and still averaged about 5 apg in some seasons and thats great. Hes averaging 5 ppg and 6 apg in 19 minutes in the preseason already. Hes doing better than Kapono without a doubt. I hope they get smart and start Knight so he can average over 8 apg once again.

PG - Jason Hart (6.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.2 apg) He will be more of a passer than a scorer/rebounder. Not a big factor for the Bobcats but hes the only PG theyve got lol.

Thats my predictions for this year I guess [​IMG]

14. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

A sleeper on this team is Corey Benjamin. I think if he gets some minutes he can be a solid bench player. He was amazing at Oregon St a couple years back. I also think Eddie House, Melvin Ely, and Omar Cook could be solid role players if they get their minutes. Im just tryin to name some people that u guys havent mentioned. Obviously okafor and wallace will be the main men on the team.

15. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

Okafor is the obvious one, but i think Jason Kapono will shine if given an opportunity.

Really like the look of him.

16. elijahser

elijahser JBB JustBBall Member

okafor and wallace will be the key men. if they wouldn't be there the bobcats couldn't win one game.

17. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">My PREDICTIONS

C - Primoz Brezec (15.2 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.2 apg) He'll be the leading rebounder on the team im sure...This guy is over 7 foot and he will finally get his opportunity to be a good rebounding C. On any other team though he would suck...hes just on the Bobcats HAHAHAHA!

PF - Emeka Okafor (18.2 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.8 apg) Im sure Emeka will be the leading scorer for the team with Gerald right behind him. He'll also be the 2nd leading rebounder because Kapono and Hart will be shooting alot and either Brezec or Okafor will be there to grab all the boards.

SF - Gerald Wallace (17.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 4.9 apg) Wallace is going to be the captain of the team doing everything instead of just rebounding and scoring. He wont only be doing that but he will also dish assists, steal the ball, and almost everything. He will be the biggest and main factor of the Charlotte Bobcats.

SG - Brevin Knight (9.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 7.9 apg) If he starts hes going to be spectacular dishing out assists. His first year he averaged 8.2 apg and 2 years after that he averaged over 7 apg. After the first 3 years...he got cheated. He played no minutes and still averaged about 5 apg in some seasons and thats great. Hes averaging 5 ppg and 6 apg in 19 minutes in the preseason already. Hes doing better than Kapono without a doubt. I hope they get smart and start Knight so he can average over 8 apg once again.

PG - Jason Hart (6.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 6.2 apg) He will be more of a passer than a scorer/rebounder. Not a big factor for the Bobcats but hes the only PG theyve got lol.

Thats my predictions for this year I guess [​IMG]</div>

Brevin Knight is a PG..and no way would he be starting SG, more likely starting five would be this:

C- Primoz Brezec
    PF- Emeka Okafor
    SF- Tamar Slay
    SG- Gerald Wallace
    PG- Jason Hart

That lineup seems a bit more realistic, no?

18. Triple Dubble

Triple Dubble JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">SG - Brevin Knight (9.2 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 7.9 apg) If he starts hes going to be spectacular dishing out assists. His first year he averaged 8.2 apg and 2 years after that he averaged over 7 apg. After the first 3 years...he got cheated. He played no minutes and still averaged about 5 apg in some seasons and thats great. Hes averaging 5 ppg and 6 apg in 19 minutes in the preseason already. Hes doing better than Kapono without a doubt. I hope they get smart and start Knight so he can average over 8 apg once again.</div>
    You must be crazy to think they are going to start Knight at SG. That would create a huge disadvantage for the Bobcats defensively as Knight is only 5'10". And looking at that lineup as a whole, who would they have to shoot the ball?

As of now, Hart and Knight are battling for the starting PG position. Knight was recently made a starter in the game against Cleveland last night.

Key players for this team... Primoz Brezec definitely. He's really been the MVP for them this preseason. And of course, Gerald Wallace and Okafor are givens.

Coming off the bench, Eddie House could be a key player. But he hasn't done much in the preseason. Another possibility could be Steve Smith when he gets to play. He can give you threes consistently.

19. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I'm hoping Kapono gets the nod to start at the 3. His outside shot is exceptional, and he's a hard working player. He doesn't have much speed or athleticism, but he has steady handles (he played a bit of point at UCLA) and has been working tremendously on his interior game.