Who will compete with Aldo?

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by bbwtrench, Dec 20, 2010.

1. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Do you think anyone can? I dont know. He destroyed everyone in the WEC, and I just cant see ANYONE at this time giving him any type of competition at his current weight class. Similar to what we see at Welterweight and Middleweight with GSP and Silva.

Maybe they all need to move up one weight class! LOL:lol:

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Could be the case. I think Josh Grispi is a good test for him. Gripsi has a size advantage and is well-rounded. There are a few other guys--Marlon Sandro, if he were to come over; Chad Mendes potentially is a good enough wrestler to control Aldo without taking damage or being submitted; and Michihiro Omigawa is crafty. Other than that there aren't a lot of (any?) featherweights who come close.

Maybe a lightweight will move down but outside of Frank Edgar I don't think there are any guys with the combination of being small for a lightweight but good enough to challenge Aldo. Might've said Tyson Griffin if he hadn't been clocked by Gomi lately.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Sounds like the next contender will be the winner of Mendes/Omigawa. Gripsi got worked vs. Poirier.

Hominick just doesn't seem like the right choice.