Who will draft Leinhart

Discussion in 'College Football' started by panthersare#1, Oct 17, 2005.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I just wanted to know where you think Matt Leinhart will end up

2. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

whos that? And what happened to your sig picture of that cheerleader [​IMG]...lol

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>whos that? And what happened to your sig picture of that cheerleader [​IMG]...lol</div>

Matt Leinhart is the USC QB and Heisman Winner that would have gone 1st overall last year.

And i decided to stick it to the Lions fans about that game winning drive

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Texans. They'll have the first pick and they'll pick him. Carr has been a sneaky dissapointment. If he doesn't end up their Arizona would be a great fit for him as well.

5. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i'm rootin for the Jets in the race for Leinart... [​IMG]

6. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Texans. They'll have the first pick and they'll pick him.</div>

You're probably right. David Carr is due for an $8 million dollar roster bonus after this year. I doubt he'll re-negotiate his contract, so you can expect him to be cut.

I think Carr will find success elsewhere in the NFL eventually, though. He just needs to find a team with an average offensive line.

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Whoever finishes w/ the worst record?

It could be the Texans. Granted they already have Carr, but, they could duplicate what San Diego did. Specifically, drafting Rivers when they already had Brees.

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I definetly believe texans are a lock for D'brickshaw fergueson. Carr cant do anything if he cant get enough time to throw down field. The new coach will get some protection for Carr as his 1st decsion, Then if Carr does nothing then he will consider a new QB, but why replace a QB with lots of potental.

9. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whoever finishes w/ the worst record?

It could be the Texans. Granted they already have Carr, but, they could duplicate what San Diego did. Specifically, drafting Rivers when they already had Brees.</div>

I don't think the Texans will, although they might take him and trade for a couple more draft picks and pick up the best offensive lineman in the draft later on. They will stick with carr for another year or so, people aren't so inclined to give up on a first pick that easily, they want him to be their guy. Maybe the Cards will pick him? ....... Or else the Lions

10. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whoever finishes w/ the worst record?

It could be the Texans. Granted they already have Carr, but, they could duplicate what San Diego did. Specifically, drafting Rivers when they already had Brees.</div>

I don't think the Texans will, although they might take him and trade for a couple more draft picks and pick up the best offensive lineman in the draft later on. They will stick with carr for another year or so, people aren't so inclined to give up on a first pick that easily, they want him to be their guy. Maybe the Cards will pick him? ....... Or else the Lions</div>

Like someone said already. Carr is due a 8 million $$$ roster bonus. Do they really want to pay Carr that bonus when he continue to struggles like he has.

11. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

I wasn't aware he is due 8 million. I think they will pay him though!

12. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

It's not Carr's fault that the offensive line sucks. They probably trade down a couple of spots if they get the first pick or they will pick him and trade him for some picks and offensive line. Which Denny Green and the Cards will do to get him.

13. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

It going to be set that Texans get the 1st pick and trade back a couple spots and draft D'brickshaw Fergueson. They need him the most. Carr is your best shot at winning early next season

14. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Texans get Leinhart and O-Line people deeper in the draft so maybe I don't think Leinhart is Carr if he gets sacked a lot.

15. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

The new coach will want to see how Carr is in his offense, and with some protection.

Arizona has to get Matt Leinhart. They are in most need of a QB that Dennis Green has faith in, if Leinhart is gone, look for the Cardinals to draft Bush or Deanglo Williams.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The new coach will want to see how Carr is in his offense, and with some protection.</div>

I don't agree. The new coach might want to do that as you said but there is a very very good chance the new coach would want to bring in his guy and that would most likely be Matt Leinart. Leinart or D'Brickashaw Fergueson will be the top pick most likely if it's Houston. Anyone one else would go with DeAngelo Williams,Matt Leinart, or Reggie Bush. Most likely though Leinart will be the top pick with Fergueson and Williams in the top 5 probably as well as Bush if he comes out.

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Carr isnt considered a bust yet, so i would still want to see him live up to his potental. The o-coridantor of the texans cant throw down the field because be has to leave backs and TEs to help block. Carr would be a good starting QB if he had protection.

The only way Leinhart will get drafted by the texans is if they draw a premier free agent LT. So unless they do they have to get D'brickshaw Ferguson because if they dont Leinhart will repeat Carr's path of droping back and knowing hes gonna get hit every play

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Carr isnt considered a bust yet, so i would still want to see him live up to his potental. The o-coridantor of the texans cant throw down the field because be has to leave backs and TEs to help block. Carr would be a good starting QB if he had protection.

The only way Leinhart will get drafted by the texans is if they draw a premier free agent LT. So unless they do they have to get D'brickshaw Ferguson because if they dont Leinhart will repeat Carr's path of droping back and knowing hes gonna get hit every play</div>

You don't need a "premier" LT to get protection. There aren't many of those out there. Chances are a rookie in Fergueson will get lit up for a bit anyways. Much like Robert Gallery. As the #1 pick of the franchise and overall you'd think Carr would of played up to par but he hasn't. Granted the line has been a problem but the chances of landing someone like a Matt Leinart in a draft is very slim. Carr is also due an 8 MILLION $$$ roster bonus. Your telling me Carr and his career rating of under 80 is going to give them a chance to win. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Texans cut Carr much like most teams will do with some QB's like Harrington,Pennington and Ramsey. Drafting Leinart in the first and spending money on the offensive line is probably a better bet than drafting Fergueson. Offensive line is very deep in next years draft. They could land potential starters in the 2nd and the 3rd rounds for sure. Leinart is a rare prospect. No doubt he's worth the #1 pick.

19. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>whos that? And what happened to your sig picture of that cheerleader [​IMG]...lol</div>

Matt Leinhart is the USC QB and Heisman Winner that would have gone 1st overall last year.

And i decided to stick it to the Lions fans about that game winning drive</div>

O THAT GUY! I think.....I have no clue...But put the cheerleader back soon!

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i will once zackman comes back and sees that the so called "LOCK" on the panthers is total BS