Who Will Go Third?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jordan, Jun 18, 2007.

1. jordan

jordan BBW Member

Its up in the air. Who do you think the Hawks will pick and why

2. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

possibly Mike Conley Jr or Brandon Wright/Yi JianLianHawks definitely need a PG and Conley is I think the best in the draft. This is the hawks other chance to pick up a PG. they had a chance with paul and they better not mess up this chance to get conley. Or they can pick up Wright or JianLian as one of their big man they need and select a PG that is available at 11th pick

3. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

Well it depends on if the Hawks can nab another high pick by using the 11th to move up. If not I think they should def take Conley Jr.

4. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

I think that the Hawks will choose either Mike Conley or Brandan Wright. I think that they will choose Mike Conley or Wight by a little because the Hawks are in great need of getting a point guard. Though they can take Wright at three then take a point guard at there other first round pick which I think is either 11 or 12.

5. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

What I think they SHOULD do: I think they should pick Conley with the 3rd pick. He is the best PG in the draft, and the last two PGs they have passed up are Paul and Deron Williams. Conley has Tony Parker like skills and has the potential to be a very good PG in this league. What I think they WILL do: I think they'll look at the 11 pick and realize there will be more solid PGs avaliable, such as Crittenton and Law, than big men. Then, they will take Brandan Wright at 3, and Crittenton at 11.

6. Courtvision

Courtvision BBW Member

I don't think Yi Jianlian will go #3. It's going to be either Al Horford, or Brandan Wright IMO. They'll go after Acie Law, or another PG with their 11th pick.

7. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I think were going to go with Al Horford at 3.. But I'd like to see us grab Conley at 3 instead - we can't pass on another potentially great PG.

8. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I think Mike Conley is too much of a reach in my opinion. Brandan Wright has the potential to be a star PF, so I would go with him.

9. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jun 19 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Mike Conley is too much of a reach in my opinion. Brandan Wright has the potential to be a star PF, so I would go with him.</div>He has no work ethic, I'd rather <u>not</u> get another lanky forward that has the POTENTIAL to be good. Right now he will make 0 contribution to this team.

10. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jun 19 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Right now he will make 0 contribution to this team.</div>
    Like you guys are in position to compete right away as it is...

11. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jun 19 2007, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Like you guys are in position to compete right away as it is...</div>I know right, tell em the way it is, god#2. Will we be seeing you on TV at the NBA draft giving your in-depth sh*t? Because I'm gonna be there, and I'd be more than happy to see the Draft announced by the greatest.

12. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Jun 19 2007, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know right, tell em the way it is, god#2.
    Will we be seeing you on TV at the NBA draft giving your in-depth sh*t? Because I'm gonna be there, and I'd be more than happy to see the Draft announced by the greatest.</div>
    Congrats, I just sent a you a free ride to this place called "Suspension." I've never been there, but tell High54Life I said what's up.

13. jordan

jordan BBW Member

Thanks for all the replies!

14. SpursFan10

SpursFan10 BBW Member

Many people believe Al Horford is the third best prospect in the draft. I believe thats who the Hawks will pick with the third pick, and pick Crittenton with the 11th pick. If they do pick Conley with the 3rd pick, they will definitely pick a big with 11th. IMO, they should draft a big first because, I think, Crittenton will end up better than Conley.

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I think that Atlanta is seriously considering Brandon Wright, Al Horford and Yi Jianlian, but at the end of the day, they have to look back at what they passed up in Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Marcus Williams. Also, I think they realize Speedy Claxton isnt going to be a good starter for them and they dont want Joe Johnson to have to play PG. I think they will end up taking Conley. People say they might settle for a PG at 11, but I think they will end up trading the pick.