Who will win the BCS Championship?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MVPBaller, May 7, 2006.

1. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

I think it will be my Miami Canes.Also, my other favorite team, Marshall will be a darkhorse to get to the BCS. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

THE Ohio St University

3. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Notre Dame

4. Chaintime

Chaintime NFLC nflcentral.net Writing Team

I got to go with JHair, Notre Dame. A lot of offensive weapons.

5. JHair

Next year it's going to be Brady Quinn to Jeff Samardzija like you guys have never seen it before, those guys really know how to connect. And Weis is going to have another year with the team and he will really know the personnel a lot better, where to use them in certain situations and what not. The offense was very impressive last season and now it's time for the D to shine with them. Quinn will win the Heisman in the process.

6. td004

td004 BBW Member

Definently Notre Dame will be there in my opinion. Brady Quinn is the top quarterback in the nation, and some of the better teams last year lost a lot of talent. Notre Dame lost Fasano, but not much else. At least, not much I can think of.

7. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

FSUvsWest VirginiaFSU Wins.

8. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpEnCerGfX @ May 7 2006, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Notre Dame lost Fasano, but not much else. At least, not much I can think of.</div>Maurice Stovall too, they were our main impact players lost

9. bobferg

bobferg NFLC nflcentral.net Member

i like The Ohio State U. Troy smith will be this years vince young and carry the team on his back. He will win the ship on pure will alone, kinda like young.

10. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobferg @ May 7 2006, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i like The Ohio State U. Troy smith will be this years vince young and carry the team on his back. He will win the ship on pure will alone, kinda like young.</div>At least you know what you're talking about...Their offense gonna be scary this year

11. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Your Miami Canes my ass. Pretty sure they are MY Miami Hurricanes.

12. Jon_Vilma

Anyone who fails to acknowledge the probability that West Virginia will be in the BCS Championship game is fooling themselves.They were a top 10 team last year.They lost no one.They have a cupcake schedule this year.

13. MVPBaller

MVPBaller BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brooksie5 @ May 7 2006, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your Miami Canes my ass. Pretty sure they are MY Miami Hurricanes.</div>Your a Canes fan too? [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

West Virginia might be in the national title game, but I very much doubt that they will win it against one of the other top schools. Being the best in the Big East nowadays isnt much more impressive then being the best in several of the other weaker conferences. The Big East is a terrible football conference but a top basketball conference now.I think Ohio State has lost way too much on defense in OLB Bobby Carpenter, OLB A.J. Hawk, ILB Anthony Schlegel (3 Starting Linebackers), SS Donte Whitner, CB Ashton Youboty, FS Nate Salley (3 Secondary Starters), and DE Mike Kudla, not to mention they also lost......C Nick Mangold, G Rob Sims, WR Santono Holmes, and K Josh Huston. Too many new people on defense will mean they lose a shootout or two.Unfortunately, I have to go with Notre Dame as my pick for the National Championship. They had an amazing offense last year with Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Darius Walker, McKnight and almost their entire team is back and ready to play for a National Title.

15. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 7 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>West Virginia might be in the national title game, but I very much doubt that they will win it against one of the other top schools. Being the best in the Big East nowadays isnt much more impressive then being the best in several of the other weaker conferences. The Big East is a terrible football conference but a top basketball conference now.I think Ohio State has lost way too much on defense in OLB Bobby Carpenter, OLB A.J. Hawk, ILB Anthony Schlegel (3 Starting Linebackers), SS Donte Whitner, CB Ashton Youboty, FS Nate Salley (3 Secondary Starters), and DE Mike Kudla, not to mention they also lost......C Nick Mangold, G Rob Sims, WR Santono Holmes, and K Josh Huston. Too many new people on defense will mean they lose a shootout or two.Unfortunately, I have to go with Notre Dame as my pick for the National Championship. They had an amazing offense last year with Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Darius Walker, McKnight and almost their entire team is back and ready to play for a National Title.</div>So WV vs ND then.

16. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ May 7 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 7 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>West Virginia might be in the national title game, but I very much doubt that they will win it against one of the other top schools. Being the best in the Big East nowadays isnt much more impressive then being the best in several of the other weaker conferences. The Big East is a terrible football conference but a top basketball conference now.I think Ohio State has lost way too much on defense in OLB Bobby Carpenter, OLB A.J. Hawk, ILB Anthony Schlegel (3 Starting Linebackers), SS Donte Whitner, CB Ashton Youboty, FS Nate Salley (3 Secondary Starters), and DE Mike Kudla, not to mention they also lost......C Nick Mangold, G Rob Sims, WR Santono Holmes, and K Josh Huston. Too many new people on defense will mean they lose a shootout or two.Unfortunately, I have to go with Notre Dame as my pick for the National Championship. They had an amazing offense last year with Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Darius Walker, McKnight and almost their entire team is back and ready to play for a National Title.</div>So WV vs ND then.</div>We'll see lol

17. Jon_Vilma

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ May 7 2006, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jon_Vilma @ May 7 2006, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ May 7 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>West Virginia might be in the national title game, but I very much doubt that they will win it against one of the other top schools. Being the best in the Big East nowadays isnt much more impressive then being the best in several of the other weaker conferences. The Big East is a terrible football conference but a top basketball conference now.I think Ohio State has lost way too much on defense in OLB Bobby Carpenter, OLB A.J. Hawk, ILB Anthony Schlegel (3 Starting Linebackers), SS Donte Whitner, CB Ashton Youboty, FS Nate Salley (3 Secondary Starters), and DE Mike Kudla, not to mention they also lost......C Nick Mangold, G Rob Sims, WR Santono Holmes, and K Josh Huston. Too many new people on defense will mean they lose a shootout or two.Unfortunately, I have to go with Notre Dame as my pick for the National Championship. They had an amazing offense last year with Brady Quinn, Jeff Samardzija, Darius Walker, McKnight and almost their entire team is back and ready to play for a National Title.</div>So WV vs ND then.</div>We'll see lol</div>WV will be undefeated in conference, and only have to win 2 out of conference games. They were a great team who (like ND) lost no one. So it's easy to see them not losing a game.

18. UhOh315

UhOh315 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>West Virginia might be in the national title game, but I very much doubt that they will win it against one of the other top schools.</div>Did beating Georgia in the Sugar Bowl (offense being led by two Freshman for goodness sakes!) last year prove anything to you? [​IMG] Me being a West Virginia fan, I think we have a good shot at making it to the chamionship. I think that WVU vs. ND would be a very fair matchup, because our defense is returning 9 starters and Steve Slaton and Pat White now have a year of experience under the belts. The Super Sophmore are going to run all over anyone and everyone in their path. Louisville is probably or only threat in the Big East, and our OOC schedule could be considered a cake walk. Let's go Neers in 06! :excl:

19. Hypnotic

Hypnotic NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Spread Option baby!!! Hey UhOh, I recognized your sig from the college endzone. I didn't know you were a member here. Good to see another Mountaineer fan here.

20. td004

td004 BBW Member

Damn, West Virginia is looking good.But with the reign of teams like Ohio State, Southern California, Texas, Miami, etc. lately, it will be strange to see anyone who isn't one of them in there.Notre Dame and West Virginia sure is looking like a strong possibility though.