Who Would Be 1st?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Memphology, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Who would be 1st if Oden AND Durant didnt come out?

2. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

It depends who got the first pick.

3. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Okay....Grizzlies:Celtics:Bucks:76ers:

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Grizzlies: Chances are they will go with a good PF in the draft and try to snag a PG in free agency. I've heard alot about Memphis having interest in Chuancey. I'd say they draft Brendan Wright.

Celtics: Obviousely would want to add another scoring optiont to backup Pierce. Most of the top lottery picks are big man other than Durant and he's out of the discussion. It'll be a hard pick for the Celtics however I can see them going with a swingman who could turn into a 20 PPG scorer in his career in Corey Brewer. It will also be a great edition for perimeter defense as well.

Bucks: Charlie Villanueva proved not to be the greatest answer to that 3/4 spot for the Bucks. They will probabely draft Joakim Noah in that spot to hopefully do what Villanueva was supposed to do.

76ers: Although I don't think they will get this early of a pick I will still entertain the possibility. They have alot of developing talent all over the court, however I think they will draft a PF with range in Yi Jianlin. He should be an effecient second/third option behind Iguadola.

5. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

Celtics would NEVER pick Brewer. We have about 900 swingmen right now, the only one we would probably consider is Durant. We have: Pierce, Allen, Green, etc. Brewer isn't needed. I could see us nabbing maybe Hibbert, Horford, or maybe Jianlin.

6. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yankshater213 @ Apr 8 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Celtics would NEVER pick Brewer. We have about 900 swingmen right now, the only one we would probably consider is Durant.

We have: Pierce, Allen, Green, etc.

Brewer isn't needed.

I could see us nabbing maybe Hibbert, Horford, or maybe Jianlin.</div>
    Meh, It was hard for me to decide, so much focus on the Celtics drafting Durant specifically it gets confusing. However I can't see why you would want Jianlin/Horford when you're already developing Al Jefferson. Horford played center on Florida but is a NBA 4. I could see Hibbert taking the place of Perkins in the starting lineup however.

7. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Brandan Wright. He's a quick, multi talented PF, who can rebound + play defense and can also shoot. If he develops an inside game and some strength, he will be a great PF.He's being compared with Chris Bosh.

8. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Wright for who though?

9. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Apr 8 2007, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wright for who though?</div>
    Memphis, he's talking about the #1 overall pick.

10. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Horford or WrightWright is so long..I think he has a 7'0 + wingspan and is very explosive..so much potential and I think he will make an NBA team very happyHorford is just so beastly in so many ways..I think it would depend on what team was drafting #1..because these two players fit into two different styles of play

11. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Grizzlies: Brandan Wright. They'd have Pau at the 5, Wright at the 4. That fits their running style nicely and Wright has a lot of potential.

Celtics: We would shop the pick first, but if we had to keep it, I'd say probably Al Horford. His low post defense fills a need, and he definitely has a lot of potential as well.

Bucks: Al Horford or Brandan Wright. I think Horford would be the better fit, due to his defensive attributes, but they might swing for Wright instead due to his athleticism and potential.

76ers: Probably Brandan Wright, for reasons already mentioned, plus they are in need of a 4.

12. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

If Greg Oden and Kevin Durant were not in the draft....Brandan Wright would probably be the number 1 pick, I'm not going to waste my time going team by team because this situation isn't happening. My top 3. 1. Brandan Wright 2. Al Horford 3. Yi Jianlian

13. f199er_e1even

f199er_e1even BBW Member

Hibbert isn't entering the draft. He already stated earlier in the year that he was going back to Georgetown, he's already made up his mind. A man who puts academia before athletics. :happy0144:

14. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f199er_e1even @ Apr 8 2007, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hibbert isn't entering the draft. He already stated earlier in the year that he was going back to Georgetown, he's already made up his mind. A man who puts academia before athletics. :happy0144:</div> Well, a lot has happened for him at Georgetown from the beginning of this year. We'll see.

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I really like Wrights potential(and hes from Tennessee) but hes not even close to what we need. The great thing about Oden is hes going to be a star without scoring...Memphis is in a situation where we dont need another scoring star, but one who can bring great rebounding and defense. I would take Horford...and even though I absolutely hate Noah...he is probably what we "need" other than Oden.

16. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f199er_e1even @ Apr 8 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hibbert isn't entering the draft. He already stated earlier in the year that he was going back to Georgetown, he's already made up his mind. A man who puts academia before athletics. :happy0144:</div>
    Actually, they recently talked to Hibbert about wether he will stay in Georgetown or go to the NBA. He gave an answer like Durant's, how he's "not thinking about it" but that's what they all say. Chances are Hibbert will be headed to the draft. [​IMG]

17. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Celtics would probably take Yi Jianlin. We already looked at him earlier in the season, and the Celtics seemed to intrest him a little.

18. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Cetlics: Roy Hibbert- Hes a true center, he can defend, he can score, and hes a big body.Bucks: Corey Brewer- Hes versatile, he can defend, and hes a winner76'ers: Acie Law- I really think that they need a PG/SG and he is the best one available IMO. They could go for Corey Brewer, but I just love Acie's game.Grizzlies: Give me Wright....

19. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AiRuPtHeRe? @ Apr 8 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Celtics would probably take Yi Jianlin. We already looked at him earlier in the season, and the Celtics seemed to intrest him a little.</div>
    I don't see why the Celtics would do this. They are already developing Al Jefferson at the PF spot and it would be frustrating to have to develop two players at the same position. If Durant isn't available I can only see them taking a center to start over Perkins.

20. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I think it's certain to most people that Kevin Durant will leave college hoops for pro hoops.