Who would you take Kobe or T-mac?

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by drunkenbarden, May 27, 2005.

1. drunkenbarden

drunkenbarden JBB JustBBall Member

i would take t-mac becuz he scores in the high 20's per gamme and still gets like 7 or 8 assist per game. and i think he is a better player than kobe

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

NO! Dont Start This Conversation!

Well, since you already did Ill answer your question.

I prefer McGrady because he can shoot better. And like we saw in the playoffs he can now be a better defender than Kobe. I doubt Kobe could guard Dirk. Another reason why I rather have McGrady, well look at my sig.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I agree we dont need another topic like Wade vs. LeBron, which i have argued in, but it is annoying and creates enemies.

That being said, I'll take T-Mac. He did the impossible and scored a ton of points, dished tons of assists, and guarded Nowitzki for quite a bit of a 7 game series. Kobe seems like a ballhog as well.

4. bplld

bplld JBB JustBBall Member

Tmac is the better player. I think he is a better scorer and defender and playmaker. Everyone looks passed tmac though and dont acknoledge that he is the best player in the league.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

6. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

After this season thats a tough question to answer.Before this season I could have said Kobe without really thinking twice.Tmac has come close to evening it out.With that said I think id still take Kobe as of right now because im assuming hes learned from a few mistakes.Tmac is a little bigger in size though.Kobe I suppose...

7. Dizzyfool

Dizzyfool JBB JustBBall Member

T-mac, without a doubt. He has more all round ability to put up a good game and actually take his team somewhere, and unlike Kobe, he isn't cocky.

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

At the beginning of the season I would've said Kobe (not by much), but now I'd have Tmac.

9. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Another McGrady vs. Bryant topic. Since there are so many of these and everyone seems to want to compare the two, I'm going to go inside the numbers and give you my answer.

If you look at the numbers you would say that McGrady is better. He averages one less PPG then Kobe but is better in other categories such as Rebound Per Game, Steals Per Game, Blocks Per Game, FG%, 3P%, FT%, and he has less Turnovers Per Game. If you want to look at the stats yourself click these links:
    Tracy McGrady Stats and Kobe Bryant Stats

Also, Tracy McGrady is younger so he could have play a few years longer then Kobe. Sure Bryant has the rings but McGrady has never played with great teamates until this year like Kobe had. I think if Tmac and Shaq were paired up in LA, they would have the same amount of championships if not more. Also, many people say that Kobe Bryant is a bad teamate and likes to stay isolated from the other players which isn't something you want in a player. If a guy doesn't have a good relationship with his teamates, they aren't going to look up to him as their leader. If I was building a team I would have to go with McGrady instead of Kobe but both are great players.

10. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I would take Kobe, he is just as clutch as T-Mac is and he also is stronger and plays way better defense then McGrady.

11. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I would take Kobe, he is just as clutch as T-Mac is and he also is stronger and plays way better defense then McGrady.</div>
    Actually, in this season, both have played similar defense. In fact, if I pressed, I would have to say McGrady has better defense. He guarded Dirk Nowitzki in the playoffs and didn't give him any open shots- leaving Dirk to miss jumper after jumper. But to answer the question, I have to say McGrady.

He is a leader and gets his teammates involved. Just take a look at the Houston and Dallas series. McGrady was willing to give up the ball to the role players to knock down the easy shots. He trusts his teammates more and thats what I look in a superstar player. I agree with Swish- take a look at their numbers. McGrady virtually beats Kobe in every catergory except for points per game- but thats understandable since Kobe is basically the only option on the Lakers.

12. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    I would probably take TMac, but even then i would still consider it pretty even.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Also, Tracy McGrady is younger so he could have play a few years longer then Kobe.</div>
    10 months???...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Also, many people say that Kobe Bryant is a bad teamate and likes to stay isolated from the other players which isn't something you want in a player.</div>
    by that, you mean..shaq? Kobe bryant was really close to guys like kareem rush, derek fisher, ron harper, brian shaw and even Gary Payton. He obviously wasn't the extrovert that shaq was, but he isn't a bad teammate. The only person that really didn't like him was shaq, but that's another story.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In fact, if I pressed, I would have to say McGrady has better defense.</div> I don't know. Kobe had an offyear on defense this season, and even he would admit he was lazy, despite showing flashes throughout the year of what he is capable of on D. But c'mon, after reading your post, you speak as though Kobe has never done anything on Defense.

13. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

They're both equal in talent. It all just depends on what type of player you prefer. This is how I describe em.

<u>Offense</u>
    T-Mac: A smooth player. The things he does look effortless.
    Kobe: An explosive player. The things he does look strong and aggressive.

<u>Defense</u>
    T-Mac: Tall with long arms.
    Kobe: Quick with strength.

They both get the job done. And that's all that really matters. Kobe just gets more attention and blame for what's going on in LA right now. T-Mac got the same treatment last season with Orlando. So once Kobe gets a good team around him he should be fine.

14. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    well put^^.

15. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting authentiq:</div><div class="quote_post">
    by that, you mean..shaq? Kobe bryant was really close to guys like kareem rush, derek fisher, ron harper, brian shaw and even Gary Payton. He obviously wasn't the extrovert that shaq was, but he isn't a bad teammate. The only person that really didn't like him was shaq, but that's another story.
    </div>
    I mean Shaq, Phil Jackson and Karl Malone. They all had their arguments with Kobe and have expressed that he is often isolated from teamates and isn't very mature. I don't know if these things are true since I have never met Bryant but it seems like there is a pattern in these actions.

16. kb8lbj

kb8lbj JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe.

17. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

18. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    You guys can't knock on Kobe's defense too much. He was All-Defensive Team quite a few times and one on one, is actually better than McGrady. Just because TMac did a good job on Nowitzki and is playing on a good defensive team doesn't mean that he's better than Kobe at defense. I consider both players to be equal; similar skillsets and similar desires to win.

19. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Though I would rather have McGrady on the Rockets over Kobe. IMO, at the moment Kobe is the superior player. He has the Rings, and that seperates the two right now. Defensively, McGrady has picked it up a notch, but Kobe can go crazy on you at any given moment.

Kobe may be the better player, but I think McGrady is smarter for the simple fact that Kobe .. cheated on the woman who is probably the hottest NBA wife .. ever [​IMG]

20. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe .. cheated on the woman who is probably the hottest NBA wife .. ever </div>
    Amen to that. Unless Eva Longoria marries Tony Parker that is.