Who Would You Trade Vince For?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by norespect, Nov 26, 2003.

1. norespect

norespect JBB gotta nuke something...

Who would u trade vince for

With all the rumors floating around in raptorland, something came to mind. There is nobody in the nba i would trade vince carter for. NOBODY. While i wouldn't rank vince #1 in the league, i do think he had the tools to be the most dominate player in the league. Is there a player in the nba with more potential. I would hate to trade vince away now, only to see him blossom into the player he should be, with a little help, and go on a championship run.... to bad T-Mac had no vision and didn't stay in toronto.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

1. You'd trade him for LeBron, Tim Duncan or KG without even having second thoughts.
    2. You judge a player on what he's achieved, not what he is capable of, especially a guy in Carter's position who's been around for a while.
    3. To be talking about a player's potential, rather than what he's achieved, when he's 26-27 says it all.

Super talented, but there are guys you'd rather have.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

norespect, this thread belongs in the Raptor forum, this forum is to discuss potential deals that you hear about, not ones that you want to start.

Someone should be along to move this shortly.

Thanks.

4. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<font color="Red">Moved to Raptors forum</font>

5. Intrepid1983

Intrepid1983 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">1. You'd trade him for LeBron, Tim Duncan or KG without even having second thoughts.
    2. You judge a player on what he's achieved, not what he is capable of, especially a guy in Carter's position who's been around for a while.
    3. To be talking about a player's potential, rather than what he's achieved, when he's 26-27 says it all.

Super talented, but there are guys you'd rather have.</div>

Wait a sec, u'd trade Vince for Lebron?! No way, he isnt even proven in the nba all that hype. How could u trade someone like vince for a rookie?! Does he have clutch in the nba? Has he won any nba awards yet? Did MJ get as much hype as Lebron when he entered the league? or did McGrady? No, they had to prove themselves in the nba. Obviously Lebron will get good with all the touches he gets with the ball, but as for trading Lebron for Vince? no way, Vince would lead Cavs to the playoffs without a doubt

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Lets see here, players I'd trade Vince for. Ok, lets start here, Kobe Bryant, but, this is only assuming he gets waived of his legal problems. Kobe, I think is a much better player than Vince. Kobe has showed this year that he doesn't have to be selfish anymore. How, well, his team is getting 5 or 6 players a night in double figures, so, I think that shows that he's not nearly as selfish as you people put him out to be. Who else, well, Shaq. Most dominant player in the game, period. You said Vince had the ability to be, no way. Just because he can dunk on anyone, doesn't mean he has the ability to be. His jumper isn't nearly good enough, well, better word, consistent enough for him to be that. He's not a great defender either. I'd also take KG over him in a heartbeat. I don't know if there is a more complete player in the game than him. He's able to dominate inside and he can also step out and hit the 20 footer. There are just a few players I'd take for Vince. And, I'd take any of em in a heartbeat over him.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Players I would take over Carter

Duncan
    Garnett
    Shaq
    Kobe
    T-mac
    Webber
    Dirk
    Kidd
    Pierce
    Jermaine O'Neal

Thats about it..I'm thinking not only now but for the future..which is why JO is there.Mcgrady's team has struggled but he is still the better all-round player by far.I would also put on that list...players like Melo,Lebron,Amare.For the future.Vince is a very exciting player and a pretty good scorer....but he isn't really on the level of players like Duncan,KG,Shaq e.t.c

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There is nobody in the nba i would trade vince carter for. NOBODY.</div>

Congrats you are offically the biggest Vince Carter fanatic here..well done.

8. jbbKing James

Here we go with this hype thing. The media did not just pick LeBron and say "ok, this is the guy we will try and make money off of" - They, like the fans, came to LeBron because of what he was doing ON THE COURT. Thus, the number one pick and putting up unreal, unheard of numbers for a rookie, let alone an 18 year old.

blah

9. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">

Congrats you are offically the biggest Vince Carter fanatic here..well done.</div>

[​IMG]

10. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Players I would take over Carter

Duncan
    Garnett
    Shaq
    Kobe
    T-mac
    Webber
    Dirk
    Kidd
    Pierce
    Jermaine O'Neal
    .</div>

none of these cats would have been taken over Carter two years ago !
    Injuries interfered the last couple of seasons .. and now he's healthy .. he's on his way to earn his " Usual " seat over all of these guys

11. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">none of these cats would have been taken over Carter two years ago !
    Injuries interfered the last couple of seasons .. and now he's healthy .. he's on his way to earn his " Usual " seat over all of these guys</div>Alright, even two years ago Vince Carter was not a top five player. Look at this -

2000-2001
    FIRST TEAM
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    Chris Webber, Sacramento
    Shaquille O'Neal, L.A. Lakers
    Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
    Jason Kidd, Phoenix

SECOND TEAM
    Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
    Vince Carter, Toronto
    Dikembe Mutombo, Atlanta-Phil
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers
    Tracy McGrady, Orlando

2001-02
    FIRST TEAM
    Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    Tracy McGrady, Orlando
    Shaquille O'Neal, LA Lakers
    Jason Kidd, New Jersey
    Kobe Bryant, LA Lakers

SECOND TEAM
    Kevin Garnett, Minnesota
    Chris Webber, Sacramento
    Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas
    Gary Payton, Seattle
    Allen Iverson, Philadelphia

THIRD TEAM
    Ben Wallace, Detroit
    Jermaine O'Neal, Indiana
    Dikembe Mutombo, Philadelphia
    Paul Pierce, Boston
    Steve Nash, Dallas

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">none of these cats would have been taken over Carter two years ago !
    Injuries interfered the last couple of seasons .. and now he's healthy .. he's on his way to earn his " Usual " seat over all of these guys</div>

[​IMG] Vince has and always will be just a scorer and a great dunker...the players I mentioned do alot more in games than Vince ever did.

You are crazy if you think KG,duncan,shaq,webber,kidd would not of been taken over carter two years ago...

and DAMN..I can't believe I forgot AI on my list.Who was clearly better as well.You truely are a homer if you believe what you wrote there in your quote.

13. jbbKing James

Usual place ahead of those guys? I would like to roast ya myself, but I feel my mates burned ya enough already, any more and you would need medical treatment.

14. kingofcrossover

kingofcrossover JBB JustBBall Member

im with allnet

vc is the most overrated player ever to come out of UNC (or any college for that matter) but look at him. all he can do is dunk! whoopde dooda id rather take that whole list 'o guys over vc-AND AI-U GOTTA HAVE THE ANSWER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I'd also take that whole list over VC. VC is playing good ball this year, but he isn't as talented or doesn't have as much potential as guys like Kobe, Tmac, KG, Dirk, JO, etc. If you asked any of the teams that allnet's list of players were on if they would take VC over them, then they would definetely say no, so I guess you are right, because the Raps couldn't trade VC for any of them.

16. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Jordan, a fellow UNC alum, said he'd rather have Kobe than Carter.

No disrepect to Carter, he's a good player, but he's on his way to being another Dominique Wilkins.

I'll take players listed above over VC and i'll throw out another name probably a lot of people will disagree with but it's my opinion. I'd rather have Caron Butler than Vince.

17. Intrepid1983

Intrepid1983 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd also take that whole list over VC. VC is playing good ball this year, but he isn't as talented or doesn't have as much potential as guys like Kobe, Tmac, KG, Dirk, JO, etc. If you asked any of the teams that allnet's list of players were on if they would take VC over them, then they would definetely say no, so I guess you are right, because the Raps couldn't trade VC for any of them.</div>

You'd take TMac over Carter? WHo's winnin more games? Who took their team out of the 1st round of the playoffs? Who has more clutch? Its easy to say Tmac is better, obviously, he looks intimidating and has flashier uniform. TMac rose in popularity 3 years ago, now hes gettin criticized and may soon get injured too. U underrate Carter but the first 3 years of his time in the nba he rose to all star status, then he got injured and criticized. Many players are good then get injured for a while, and get criticized. Carter is proving himself this year. Watch his games, he's even better than when hes a rookie, his fade jump shot is devastating. As for Kobe, he would be nothing without Shaq. Obvioiusly he'll get confident and good if Shaq gets the ball back for him. U remember Penny Hardaway and Shaq on Magic? Hardaway said hes better and they didnt need Shaq, Shaq left, then Penny regretted and no finals for Penny ever again. It'd be over for Kobe had Shaq not been there. Carter would probably win more games than if Kobe was with the Raptors in replace

18. jbbKing James

19. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

I ain't gonna to throw my self in an endless thread ..
    Time will prove who's right and who's wrong ..
    I'm coming back to this thread by the end of June !

20. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

There are at least 23 players I would take ahead of Vince Carter. Here's a breakdown by position.

Centers
    --------
    Shaq O'Neal
    Tim Duncan
    Yao Ming
    Jermaine O'neal
    Eddy Curry

Power Forwards
    --------
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Amare Stoudamire