Who'll be the top 3 picks?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Voodoo Child, May 23, 2006.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Now that we know the first three picks (1 - Toronto, 2 - Chicago, 3 - Charlotte), who do you guys think will be the top three picks in the draft, and why?

Here's how I see it shaking down as of now -

#1 - Toronto Raptors - Andrea Bargnani
    #2 - Chicago Bulls - LaMarcus Aldridge
    #3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Adam Morrison

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the #1 pick of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select...Brandon Roy, University of Washington</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the #2 pick of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Chicago Bulls select....LaMarcus Aldridge, University of Texas</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With the #3 pick of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select....Tyrus Thomas, University of Louisana St.
    </div>

Those are my predictions, and you all know I'm right, especially on Charlotte, I was 2 for 2 on them last year [​IMG]

3. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Brandon Roy is a major reach. If they want him, then they will trade the pick. Also, Adam Morrison is a average rebounder and a poor defender, 2 things that the Raps are already bad enough at. I'd rather the Raps take Aldridge. Villanueva, Bosh, and Aldridge would be a crazy frontcourt.

4. Salim For 3

Salim For 3 JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto - Tyrus Thomas (Good defense to mesh with Bosh and C-Villa's offense)
    Chicago - Andrea Bargnani (Big man who can actually help with the scoring)
    Charlotte - Trade with someone who needs a big man.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Now that we know the first three picks (1 - Toronto, 2 - Chicago, 3 - Charlotte), who do you guys think will be the top three picks in the draft, and why?

Here's how I see it shaking down as of now -

#1 - Toronto Raptors - Adam Morrison - Aside from questions about his medical condition and the holes in his defensive game, Morrison is the most talented player on the board, and he'd fit the team's needs better than Aldridge. He'd also help boost ticket sales up in T-Dot; he'll be a fan favorite in no time because of the passion that he plays with.
    #2 - Chicago Bulls - LaMarcus Aldridge - It's pretty obvious the Bulls need to go big, so they take the best available big man prospect, LaMarcus Aldridge
    #3 - Charlotte Bobcats - Andrea Bargnani - The 'Cats are set in the frontcourt with Okafor, Brezec, and May, but Bargnani can play out on the perimeter, and he's probably the most talented player available at this point; well, either him, or Rudy Gay, who would be just as likely of a pick here.</div>

You got it dead on there. only thing I might see changing is possibly the Raptors taking Bargnani and Bobcats taking Morrison.

6. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

1. Adam Morrison- Morrison is the best player stat wise in the draft period. He has a great jumper and an ability to the rim. Don't think for a minute Brian Coangelo is gonna pass on him.
    2. LaMarcus Aldrige- No one makes more sense for this team then LaMarcus Aldrige. The finesse he brings to the big spot is something we haven't seen since Kevin Garnett. At 6-10, 245 he brings size to the dwindling size of the Bulls.
    3. Rudy Gay- This pick will for certain be picked right when the buzzer is up and they have to select. It's really a tossup between him and Andrea Bargnani. Just I see Rudy being the best available.

7. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Raptors- LaMarcus Aldridge. Raptors draft a potential center to go along with Bosh which could create a nasty frontline. Aldridge's game seems similar to Bosh but if hes a legit center he would be ideal for their team. If he and Bosh become redundant down the road they can trade one of them for alot of talent.

Bulls- Andrea Bargnani. Bulls need a scorer and superstar, Bargnani could be the guy. If he meets his potential he'd be a great fit with Chandler and the Chicago Bulls who lack a go to scorer, specifically a high scoring big man.

Bobcats- Rudy Gay. Bobcats have a history of taking players from big, local colleges that were winners. Gay isn't as good as Morrison is right now but the Bobcats have time to wait since they aren't geting into the playoffs even if they do draft Morrison. Gay has more potential than Morrison and fits with their defensive style.

8. NTC

NTC Active Member

Here's my top 5.

1. Toronto Raptors: Adam Morrison

2. Chicago Bulls: LaMarcus Aldridge

3. Charlotte Bobcats: Rudy Gay

4. Portland Trailblazers: Tyrus Thomas

5. Atlanta Hawks: Randy Foye

Just on Adam Morrison, he isnt really that bad a rebounder, he averaged 5.5 last season, and pulled in 182 for the year, Rudy Gay averaged 6.4 with 210 for the year, so there isnt a real big difference there. His defense he can easily work on.

9. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

Do you think toronto getting morrison could be a mistake? he's the hot name now but the raptors have plenty of offense already and that's all morrison brings he doesn't have much d.

10. NTC

NTC Active Member

It could be a mistake, but I think they should pursue him anyway, he has a nice shooting touch, and as I said in my last post, they can easily work on his defense if it isnt up to scratch, he just has to be willing to put in the work, if he is, then I would say definatley go after him.

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

1. Raptors - Adam Morrison
    Like VC said, he should be a fan favorite but he really fits a hole here. The Raptors could go with Aldridge here for Bargnani but they can't refuse Morrison, an elite scorer to play with Bosh for many years.

2. Bulls - LaMarcus Aldridge
    The only way that Aldridge doesn't go #2 to the Bulls is if the number one pick is traded to a team like the Hawks, who are of serious need of a center.

3. Bobcats - Rudy Gay
    Mr. Gay had a smile on his face when he heard that the Bobcats got the #3 pick. Probably still has a chance at going #1 but he doesn't fall past Charlotte at 3.

12. spyware

spyware JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto - Andrea Bargnani; quite possibly the most talented player in the draft and has great length and athleticism- just what the Raps need.

Chicago - LaMarcus Aldridge; the Bulls will likely choose him to bolster their front court and to ensure they have back-up for the not-so popular Tyson Chandler.

Charlotte - Tyrus Thomas; with Emeka always being down, he'll be a great asset.

13. CV3bandwagon

CV3bandwagon JBB JustBBall Member

Your all crazy if you think that Toronto's taking Morrison. I don't see why we need more offense? Really though when we have Charlie locked up at the three for years to come and with Mo and Joey all being able to play there (Bonner for spot up time) why do we need Morrison? He's a terrible defender and the last thing Toronto needs are more posts at the wing.

Torotno's list goes like this (From a Toronto fan):
    1. Lamarcus Aldrige: Bosh's good friend wh he trains with. Can be the presence we need in the middle, can be a solid rebounder for us and really run the floor well. He finishes off the core for our froncourt very nicely. His post game would compliment Chris's and Charlie's games nicely.

2. Andrea Bargnani: Sam Mitchel and Wayne Embry left this morning for Italy to have a peak at him. Bryan's favorite guy in the draft on a talent level. He's always talking about him in Interviews. He could also make up the thirs piece of one of the most versatile offensively loaded froncourts in the leauge. If BC dose not draft Aldrige he will most likely draft Aldrige, there is a big drop off to the third canidate.

14. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Just on Adam Morrison, he isnt really that bad a rebounder, he averaged 5.5 last season, and pulled in 182 for the year, Rudy Gay averaged 6.4 with 210 for the year, so there isnt a real big difference there. His defense he can easily work on.</div>

For his 6-8, 220 frame at the college level, he isn't that good at all. Q-Rich and Carmelo averaged 10 RPG in college and both havn't averaged more than 6.5 RPG in the NBA. Morrison is an elite talent offensively, but he's too slow laterally to be effective on the defensive end. He'll never be more than an average defensive player.

15. NTC

NTC Active Member

^^
    According to ESPN.com, Morrison is only 205lbs (source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15399)

Also how many avaerage defensive players are there already in the league? lots of them, so I dont see how one more will affect much. Toronto can always bolster their defensive precense in the FA period anyway.

16. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

i think toronto is gunna go with aldridge cause they need a center because i dont think they wanna put bosh there.

chicago will go with thomas because they need size

charlotte will go with rudy gay or adam morrison, it matters if they want to get scoring, potential, and i think ticketsales may be it because gay is a good dunker so if he gets good dunks off during the games ticket sales mite go but i think they will end up with morrison

17. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I think the raptors will take Bargnani because apparently they're thinking or have hired the GM of Bennetton Treviso [Bargnanis Italian Club] to be the vice GM of the Raptors.

18. NTC

NTC Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thedude9990:</div><div class="quote_post">i think toronto is gunna go with aldridge cause they need a center because i dont think they wanna put bosh there.

chicago will go with thomas because they need size

charlotte will go with rudy gay or adam morrison, it matters if they want to get scoring, potential, and i think ticketsales may be it because gay is a good dunker so if he gets good dunks off during the games ticket sales mite go but i think they will end up with morrison</div>

But Aldridge is a power forward, not a true centre. With Bosh already playing out of position, I dont think they'll want to risk 2 young big men with potential playing out of line. That is unless Aldridge is willing to make the conversion to a true centre.

19. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">^^
    According to ESPN.com, Morrison is only 205lbs (source: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15399)

Also how many avaerage defensive players are there already in the league? lots of them, so I dont see how one more will affect much. Toronto can always bolster their defensive precense in the FA period anyway.</div>

Yeah, but Morrison isn't average, he's bad on defense. He's just too slow laterally. He's going to get eaten alive by the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Richard Jefferson, Paul Pierce etc. on the defensive end.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With Bosh already playing out of position</div>

Uh..Bosh plays the 4, his natural position.

20. NTC

NTC Active Member

Bosh plays centre (right now) doesnt he? And Villanueva at Power Forward. Thats what I thought at least.