Whos better Dunleavy or Murphy?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by basketballs87, Nov 20, 2003.

1. basketballs87

basketballs87 JBB Banned Member

Who would you rather have in your lineup?? I know they play diffenent positions and are two different types of players, but if you had a chose to choose one or the other, which one would you choose? I personally would choose dunleavy cause of his jumper and defense. He is also getting better year to year but so is murphy. I just would like to know you opinion on the subject.

2. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I would rather have Murphy. Murphy is the anchor in the frontcourt for the Warriors. He was only one of a few guys to actually average a double double in points and rebounds last season, he isn't afraid of anyone, and he works on his game as much as anyone else. I really like how Dunleavy has elevated his game this year, but Murphy is just too important with his hustle and demeanor on the court.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I agree with Sunsfan. You have to go with Murphy. Big guys like Murphy don't come along very often. He is the hardest worker on the team and can give you a double double on a consistent basis.

With that said, Dunleavy can become a great player in this league if he continues to improve at this rate. Fun guy to watch. Fundementally sound.

4. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I would take Murphy, for all of the reasons stated above. Also, this year, Musselman has been encouraging him to take more 3's. It'll be interesting to see how Murphy does this season, as he will play an increased role on the perimeter. Murphy's probably a more complete player than Dunleavy at this point.

5. Rudeezy

I can't wait for Murphy to come back. I don't think people realize how valuable he is to this team.

6. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, i forgot Murphy wasnt playing. And the team did that good when we all expected them to get a pretty bad record? I think this team will at least make a run to the playoffs if not making the playoffs (especially with Murphy). Now he has an NBA 3pt shot. He will be something special for the Warriors.

BTW didnt he go like 47/50 3s in practice one time? I heard that somewhere

7. Rudeezy

Murphy has really improved his outside game. This will make him lethal. He takes it to the hole very well and has a nice touch. He averages a double-double. With him and NVE both healthy, this team will be a good one to watch.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Plug Murphy into that line-up and that team gets a whole lot better. I like Dunleavy and think he has the qualities to become a special player, but at the moment you can't go past Troy. I remember we passed on him to draft Radmanovic - whilst I'm happy with drafting Vlade, I imagine the Sonics with a player like Murphy would elevate us to the playoffs.