Who's the third best in this class?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by iversonfan268, Dec 21, 2006.

1. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Re: Who's the third best in this class?

Everyone knows that Greg Oden and Kevin Dhurant are the top 2 players in this draft class. My question is who do you guys think is the third best? I would have to say Brandan Wright out of UNC. He's tremendously athletic, has a huge wingspan, good defender, runs the floor well, good footwork, and a good offensive game that is only getting better. I mean the guy just has a great all around game. This guy has such great upside and if he reaches his full potential he will definetly be scary.

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Good topic. Brandan Wright is probably 3rd like you said. Just an insane athlete. He really needs to add weight though, he's built like a toothpick. I think Thaddeus Young is right up there, everyones jumping off of his bandwagon because of a slow start but he has a ton of talent as well.

3. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Yeah I agree 210 lbs for someone 6-10 is just horrible. The guy needs to add some muscle.

4. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Dec 22 2006, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I agree 210 lbs for someone 6-10 is just horrible. The guy needs to add some muscle.</div> I think he might be heavier now...found this picture from high school...yikes.[​IMG]

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Homeboy Thadeuss Young..ive seen him in real life....and hes the sh*t

6. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Dec 21 2006, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think he might be heavier now...found this picture from high school...yikes.[​IMG]</div>Acually I checked ESPN and Yahoo Sports and they both have him at 205 not even 210 lol.

7. BrewCityBuck

Yeah, the guys really weak. Who knows what his real weight is though, I'm sure if he enters the draft he will put on at least 15 pounds before next season.

8. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

Someone get this guy a big-mac.... ballachick's cat is bigger then him

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz76 @ Dec 21 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Homeboy Thadeuss Young..ive seen him in real life....and hes the sh*t</div>
    He has a lot of raw talent, and clearly a ton of potential, but as of right now - I think he has been overhyped. I have seen him play once in high school and 3 games this year. He is a freak athlete, he can shoot it, he's a hustler, he's big. But you know what he REALLY REALLY lacks? Ballahandling. He is projected to be an All-Star wing in the NBA, but I don't know if he can quite create his own shot. We'll see though, I am definitely still high on him and I think he has a chance to be an excellent player, but he's moreso a potential pick than a safe pick.

I say the 3rd best prospect is probably Branden Wright or Julian Wright. I think Wright needs to bulk up a lot, and he needs to bang his body a bit more (which, I'm sure will come once he adds weight), but he has an outstanding feel for the game and he plays so smooth. He has a nice soft touch around the basket, he's athletic, he runs the floor extremely well for a big man, he throws it down with force, and he's a solid rebounder. Defensively, he's average. He needs to work on his body and his defense, but hey... who am I to say he needs to bulk up? KG weighs less than Paul Pierce, and he's doing just fine.

But Julian Wright: I am VERY high on this kid. He's an absolute athletic FREAK, he's big, he's quick, he's a good defender, and he has all the tools/skills you could ask for in a young star like him. He is a good passer, he can handle the ball, he's a good defender, he's an athletic freak, he's an excellent rebounder for his position, he runs the floor very well, he has good hands, etc. Everything you could ask for. I envision him as a future mix of Boris Diaw and Andrei Kirilenko, with a better offensive game. This kid is special.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Dec 21 2006, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, the guys really weak. Who knows what his real weight is though, I'm sure if he enters the draft he will put on at least 15 pounds before next season.</div>
    Yeah, plus I'm sure any NBA team will ask him to put on a little more weight once he gets to the league. He'll be fine, body wise.

10. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz76 @ Dec 21 2006, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Homeboy Thadeuss Young..ive seen him in real life....and hes the sh*t</div>I've seen him play in real life also..He was so damn dominant in high school..I haven't been that impressed with him at GT though..

11. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Yeah I agree that his ballhandling needs to improve, but you gotta give him props with his passing, he did a behind the back bounce pass to a teammates during the game I saw, and he got the assist btw. He is very raw offensively, but as potential goes , hes shown signs of brilliance, it wouldnt suprise me to see him stay at GT for another year, but later on become a allstar in the NBA....he has the mindset, smartness, and most overall.....unselfishness.

12. Rodenbo

Rodenbo BBW Elite Member

How about my boy Julian Wright out of Kansas?

13. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rodenbo @ Dec 23 2006, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about my boy Julian Wright out of Kansas?</div> He's a very good player but he doesn't have the mindset to take over a game and be the #1 guy on offense and it's something scouts and analysts are going to drive him about him. He has the talent to be #3 but from what I've seen...he leaves a bit more to be desired.

14. LBJ

LBJ BBW Member

Joakim Noah. The Gators are primed for another big March run.

15. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Dec 23 2006, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's a very good player but he doesn't have the mindset to take over a game and be the #1 guy on offense and it's something scouts and analysts are going to drive him about him. He has the talent to be #3 but from what I've seen...he leaves a bit more to be desired.</div>I dont even think that Julian Wright is the best player on his team. Once again, Darrell Arthur, the freshman out of Dallas South Oak Cliff, is the best player on their team. He has a better jumpshot than Wright, he is a better rebounder as well. He just isnt as good of an athlete even though Arthur is 6 10 and built like Bosh except a tad bit bigger.

16. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LBJ @ Dec 23 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Joakim Noah. The Gators are primed for another big March run.</div>I think Joakim does have a pretty good chance of going no. 3, but will probably end up 4th or 5th instead. Last year he more than likely would've went #1, but now his stock has fallen because of oden and durant.

17. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LBJ @ Dec 23 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Joakim Noah. The Gators are primed for another big March run.</div> I don't think Noah is the third best player in the draft, hell I think Al Horford is the better player.

18. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LBJ @ Dec 23 2006, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Joakim Noah. The Gators are primed for another big March run.</div>Joakim sucks. I'd take Horford or Brewer over him..ehh

19. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Bill Walker if he entered the draft, but now with the injury not sure.I can tell you Noah I think is overrated. I don't watch college much at all I use to actually hate college stuff never watched college until last year a little. But little stuff I did see I think he is overrated.

20. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

This is a good topic, but a fuzzy one, since you don't know who's going to stay and go. For all we know, Young, Oden, and Durant will stay in college. Odds are they won't but it can happen. But the guy I'm going to choose, may not come out this year, but if you guys can say Durant, Oden, etc. I can say Javaris Crittenton. I have seen him play a lot this year. He's got excellent size and vision at 6'5", a great athlete, solid defender and offensive game. He's very good all around, and very pesky for a point guard on the boards. I think he may have the most upside of any point guard in the nation along with Mike Conley Jr.