Who's your favorite King? and Why?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by yangyang42, Jan 22, 2004.

1. yangyang42

yangyang42 JBB JustBBall Member

Mine's Peja... Bibby and Jax sure come close though. They're all so damn good!

Case for Peja: He's the best shooter in the league. Smooth release, fundamentally sound. He also plays well without the ball, running off screens, getting open, picking up a few rebounds here and there. Lights out at the free throw line. Rarely gets injured (... alright, except that time in the playoffs). Like all the euro players, NEVER gets into trouble. Participates in the All-Star 3pt shoot out (unlike other punks who ditch the dunk contest or some all-star events just to get some party time).

anyways, what you guys think?

GOOO KINGS!

2. BobbyJacksonFan

BobbyJacksonFan JBB JustBBall Member

Bobby Jackson because he plays all out all of the time. Even when they were down big last night against Memphis, he was playing like they had a chance to get back into it.

3. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

I'm gonna have to go with Bobby Jackson too. He's suprised me from day one. He never gives up, is as athletic as they come, and isn't scared to step up and take "the shot". His acrobatic lay-ups are as entertaining as most other guys' dunks.

4. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Bibby. I have loved watching him since his Arizona days, really developing into possibly a top PG in the league soon. One of my friends brother knows Mike Bibby real well, they are very good friends, so we go up to Sacramento every once in a while when he can hook us up to go see the Kings play or more like Bibby and the other team. :mrgreen: And also when he comes to the Bay Area when the Kings play the Warriors.

5. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Mine's Brad Miller. It's funny, since I once booed him when he played for Charlotte, but I've come around long ago. The guy plays hard, hustles, and puts up the numbers needed to get the W. He scores his fair share, he is the hardest rebounder on the team in the absence of CWebb, and his precise passing to his Sacto's slashers like Bibby, Bobby, Christie and Peja is just flat out fun to watch.

6. AIFan

After Bobby Jackson, Peja would be my next pick. He's becoming a deadly outside shooter and has stepped up big time in C-Webb's absence.

7. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

Mike Bibby. Love his game. After him would be Peja Stojakovic. I dig his outside shot.

8. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Stojakovic...the guy's got a killer jumper, and its money every time...

9. AIFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting HoustonHoopa33:</div><div class="quote_post">Stojakovic...the guy's got a killer jumper, and its money every time...</div>As many J's as he takes, he's still shooting just below 50% from the field[​IMG]

10. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AIFan:</div><div class="quote_post">As many J's as he takes, he's still shooting just below 50% from the field[​IMG]</div>

an Iverson fan questioning another players FG%? Kinda like the pot callin' the kettle blank isn't it?

11. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">an Iverson fan questioning another players FG%? Kinda like the pot callin' the kettle blank isn't it?</div>

Coulda been a compliment. Not many players shooting 50 % these days...

12. yangyang42

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">...One of my friends brother knows Mike Bibby real well, they are very good friends, so we go up to Sacramento every once in a while when he can hook us up to go see the Kings play...</div>

Dude, I live in Davis... or, well, go to school in Davis... can you hook it up with free tickets from bibby? or not even tickets... just to get to meet him and shake his hand even....... man... you're freaken lucky

13. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

I love Peja's game, I also like Brad Miller and Mike Bibby (always have) but if I had to say one it would be Peja.

14. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting thefranchise3:</div><div class="quote_post">I love Peja's game, I also like Brad Miller and Mike Bibby (always have) but if I had to say one it would be Peja.</div>

Brad Miller and Peja for me. Miller is just like one of the best big men in the league. Strange that someone so large and strong is a great shooter. His boarding ability is one of the best no doubt.

The Kings have great effort and one of the best, if not the best team chemistries. As much as I love KG, Peja looks like a great mvp candidate, a team with virtually no girth or strength with the exception of Miller of course. Webber is a key, hope he still plays as well after he comes back.

15. jump

jump JBB JustBBall Member

I dont have a single favourite King's player. Unlike many other teams when one player stands out above the rest, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter ect. the Kings play a true team game and in my opinion are the best passers in the NBA. This is why they are one of my favourite teams, it is basketball at its best, quick movement with clinical fast breaks.

16. AIFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">an Iverson fan questioning another players FG%? Kinda like the pot callin' the kettle blank isn't it?</div>Questioning? I was complimenting. He lives on jumpers and is still able to hit for 49% from the floor. That's very impressive considering that the majority of his shots are jumpers, not layups and dunks. Peja gets major props in my book[​IMG]

17. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

If you know me you know, but if you dont.

Chris Webber, the man has game. I mean sure hes been hit by injuries but what player hasent? Him and Bibby lead the Kings to the WCF 2 years ago I know they can make it back this year.

18. yangyang42

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jump:</div><div class="quote_post">I dont have a single favourite King's player. Unlike many other teams when one player stands out above the rest, Tracy McGrady, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter ect. the Kings play a true team game and in my opinion are the best passers in the NBA. This is why they are one of my favourite teams, it is basketball at its best, quick movement with clinical fast breaks.</div>

Great point! I agree that no one on the kings stand out like some other players on other teams. However, that's because the Kings have SOOOO MANY GREAT PLAYERS [​IMG] ! Look at the sixers, magic, or raps... they are basically weak teams, with 1 star.

The Kings and the Mavs are more similar. They both have a few high scoring stars or a couple excellent skill players. Both the Kings and Mavs play a high tempo style of basketball, and that's why they're the most exciting to watch!

19. baralufficus

baralufficus JBB JustBBall Member

Mine is Peja ....He would be the one player i would tape his shot and show kids the perfect way to shoot jumpers ...

Go Kings ~

20. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting yangyang42:</div><div class="quote_post">Dude, I live in Davis... or, well, go to school in Davis... can you hook it up with free tickets from bibby? or not even tickets... just to get to meet him and shake his hand even....... man... you're freaken lucky</div>

yeah i live in chicago which is not as close to sacramento as davis is... hehe, but i am a huge bibby fan here. i like it that way though... but you should definitely try to meet him... and whoever you are that knows him... can you get an autograph and send it to me?? oh well, seems impossible for now, oh well...

did this post make sense... sorry if it didn't... im in awe.