Why does Wade never get his props?

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by reeling, May 24, 2006.

1. reeling

reeling JBB JustBBall Member

When during his first season he led the Heat to the 2nd round of the playoffs losing a close series to the pacers in the 6th game(at the time they were a premier team in the league), but when others do it in their 3rd season they are the next Michael Jordan. Now I am no Lebron hater, hes an amazing player, really, but I am just curious on your opinions. Now I'll give the heat the edge on supporting cast, but they were far from a great/good cast.

2. briang8818

briang8818 JBB JustBBall Member

Wade get's his props. Take it from a LeBron fan, you don't want to hear the MJ comparisons every time Wade sneezes like it is with LeBron.

LeBron gets too much attention, and IMO, Wade gets just enough.

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I think you're about 16 months late with that question. Wade is universally considered a superstar. I think most fans would probably put him in the top 5 or 6 players in the league.

4. reeling

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">I think you're about 16 months late with that question. Wade is universally considered a superstar. I think most fans would probably put him in the top 5 or 6 players in the league.</div> Mabey I worded it wrong. I mean for that specific event.

5. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

Wade does get a lot of props, and if your talking about only the first season your a bit wrong wade didn't lead the heat himself to the 2nd round. It was still odom's team with brian grant and caron butler rounding it out. Wade had a huge impact though.

6. reeling

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Brasco:</div><div class="quote_post">Wade does get a lot of props, and if your talking about only the first season your a bit wrong wade didn't lead the heat himself to the 2nd round. It was still odom's team with brian grant and caron butler rounding it out. Wade had a huge impact though.</div>Dude how the hell are you trying to tell me Brian Grant and Caron Butler had a bigger role than Dwyane Wade.[​IMG] I watched probally 80% of the games in the 03-04 season and what it was was more of a breakdown of Wade, Eddie, and Lamars team with Lamar being the go to guy at first to eventually get Wade to take his position.

7. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

I've already debunked the "Supporting Cast" theory, and let's face it, it doesn't exactly take the 96 Bulls to make the playoffs in the East (and in Wade's rookie season the 4th seeded Heat were just 2 games above .500, they also started the season 0-9 on pace to being the worst team at the end of the regular season)

If Wade would sign with Nike he would be FAR MORE hyped than LeBron because he actually delivers. And with Hype+Marketing comes the accolades, the respect, and the comparisons to other great players.

8. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

How was it Caron Butler and Brian Grant? Caron barely played that season due to offseason knee surgery. It was Wade, Odom, and Eddie Jones but it was primarily Wade and Odom who had his best year ever in Miami.

9. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

Anyways I think he does get his props but not from outside the NBA (media is not part of NBA IMO)

I love hearing all the "Who's more closer to Jordan: Kobe or LeBron" with no mentiones of Wade. There's no mention of who was the last SG to score 27+ppg at 50%+ FG (Jordan) and there's no guard doing that today not named Dwyane Wade. There's no mention of how Wade is by far more clutch than those two guys and not just on offense. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were able to put up big scoring numbers W/O shooting 3pters. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan both came into the league with an OK jumpshot and it got deadly as they worked on it. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan, who were previously regarded as horrible 3pt shooters, both showcased their 3pt shot in a way that grabbed the world's attention. There's no mention of how Wade is on par to have a way more successful career than Kobe (assuming Kobe still thinks he never needed Shaq [or anyone else for that matter], if not then I take that back) and LeBron. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were both the most overlooked players in their draft and how other teams would pay greatly for not picking them.

Wade doesn't get the respect but, whatever, when it's all said and done, like Jordan, you would have no choice but to respect him.

10. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

I think he gets enough respect. He doesn't get as much or more than LeBron does only because LeBron is the golden boy for this decade.
    I mean I subscribed to Slam magazine and I see Wade actually gets respect from fans, critics and even players. Ron Artest last year said Wade is unbelievable and can't wait to get to guard him.
    Fans like LeBron only because the expectation for this kid is so high and now it's sorta trend to be a fan of him. You know the teenagers who just have to go with the trend just to be cool and blend with other in school.
    You know, Wade said he can't even go shopping in Miami.

11. NTC

NTC Active Member

Oh please, Wade gets his fair share of praise, and rightfully so too.

LeBron has it over the top.

12. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Heat4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyways I think he does get his props but not from outside the NBA (media is not part of NBA IMO)

I love hearing all the "Who's more closer to Jordan: Kobe or LeBron" with no mentiones of Wade. There's no mention of who was the last SG to score 27+ppg at 50%+ FG (Jordan) and there's no guard doing that today not named Dwyane Wade. There's no mention of how Wade is by far more clutch than those two guys and not just on offense. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were able to put up big scoring numbers W/O shooting 3pters. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan both came into the league with an OK jumpshot and it got deadly as they worked on it. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan, who were previously regarded as horrible 3pt shooters, both showcased their 3pt shot in a way that grabbed the world's attention. There's no mention of how Wade is on par to have a way more successful career than Kobe (assuming Kobe still thinks he never needed Shaq [or anyone else for that matter], if not then I take that back) and LeBron. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were both the most overlooked players in their draft and how other teams would pay greatly for not picking them.

Wade doesn't get the respect but, whatever, when it's all said and done, like Jordan, you would have no choice but to respect him.</div>

That's stupid so you want wade to live in jordan's shadow? your angry becuase wade isn't getting more jordan comparisons? If you didn't realize judging from kobe or even from lebron a bit being copared to jordan all the time can be a bad thing. Think about it whatever the player does people will only be like "Jordan already did that" or "jordan did it better" Wade and lebron need to make their own identities and stop being compared to jordan or to other players all the time.

13. reeling

What?? When did I every say Wade doesn't get the respect or props, because I'm from Miami and know he does by far. I'm saying why is that specific event, which I view as huge, is overlooked, yet when other people do it in latter years its not?

14. playmaker15

In last nights press conference DWade said that Detroit did a great job and unlike them they actually give credit. He started talking bout the "tired" excuse.

15. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

Here are more than six players that are better than D Wade no way he cracks top five in any scenario:

Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'neal, Dirk Nowitzki,Shawn Marion

Id build my team around any of these guys... dont get me wrong Wade is a tough streaky two guard but he's not in the caliber of these guys imo...

16. playmaker15

ray allen jermaine elton and marion are not Dwyane Wade caliber players, their own fans will even tel u that.

17. bruin007

D Wade is not a clutch player he is an athlete that makes circus shots every now and then.

18. playmaker15

DWade is not clutch? 17 straight points against Detroit to win the game during one game this year, and countless game-winners. He is regarded as the ebst player in crunch time I have no idea what your saying.

19. bruin007

That's one game look at his overall career even rex chapman came up big in the playoffs and raja bell doesn't mean they are great. IMO when its all said and done Wade will go down as a great athlete who never accomplished anything ala Dominique Wilkins who is considered underated because of his battles with great players ie Bird, Magic, Jordan.

Wilkins is to Bird, Magic, Jordan as:

Wade is to Duncan, Bryant, James

20. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">Here are more than six players that are better than D Wade no way he cracks top five in any scenario:

Tim Duncan,Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'neal, Dirk Nowitzki,Shawn Marion

Id build my team around any of these guys... dont get me wrong Wade is a tough streaky two guard but he's not in the caliber of these guys imo...</div>
    [​IMG]