Why I want the US Mens Basketball team to win Gold

Discussion in 'PyeongChang 2018' started by cpawfan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

When it comes to the US Mens Senior National Team and their pursuit of a gold medal, I don't have a simplistic sense of national pride that I do for most other US Olympic Athletes. In 2004 I didn't expect the team to win and I was happy that they failed so miserably considering how the team was built and who was coaching.

Even this 2008 team, I couldn't get behind them because of some of the players and the coaches if it weren't for the reasons in the next paragraph. I'm not a fan of Coach K and his Dukie-ness. I have a hard time bringing myself to root for a team with Boozer on it and I don't like Bosh. Part of me wants to see the team fail so that Kobe doesn't get too much credit for a gold medal. Beyond those reasons, I'm not a fan of Jerry Colangelo, so I'd rather not see his plan work.

Despite all of that, I will be rooting for the US to win the Gold and go undefeated. I loathe larry the overrated clown and it would be hilarious for a Duke coach to lead the team to Gold after the clown and his UNC roots failed so miserably. Plus, I want to see the haters get new material. LeBronze is so overplayed and I'm tired of reading that the US can't adapt and play the international game.

So there you have it, pure spite is the only reason I'm rooting for the US Mens Basketball team to win a gold medal.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like Bosh.</div>

Woah, Woah, Woah. Where did this come from.

3. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like Bosh.</div>

</div>

You really hadn't figured that out?

4. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Aug 5 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like Bosh.</div>

</div>

</div>

You shouldn't not like Bosh just because he kills the Nets every game. The dude is mad nice.

5. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Aug 5 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I don't like Bosh.</div>

</div>

</div>

You shouldn't not like Bosh just because he kills the Nets every game. The dude is mad nice.
    </div>

Nothing nice about him. He is a soft, fade away jump shooting overrated big man. At least now he has company in Toronto

6. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Why I want the US Mens team to win Gold:

I'm American.

USA USA USA USA

[​IMG]

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Just figured it was the Nets fan in you talking, cpaw.

I'm personally rooting for Spain. I consider them to be the best non-American team out there and I want people to recognize that international basketball is, in fact, legit. There seems to be this notion out there that the only reason the US has failed lately is because they've been f'in around, and now that they've comitted 3 years to a team, they should have no problem. I think the US are early favourites, but I don't think this'll be their tournament to lose.

8. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Aug 5 2008, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Why I want the US Mens team to win Gold:

I'm American.

USA USA USA USA</div>

I wish I knew why I found that^ so damn funny

9. Master Shake

I also want Spain to win, just because Jose Calderon will come in so happy and ready to play.

Also, Bosh is soft? Better than any PF/C the Nets have right now. Same with JON.

10. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Aug 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just figured it was the Nets fan in you talking, cpaw.

I'm personally rooting for Spain. I consider them to be the best non-American team out there and I want people to recognize that international basketball is, in fact, legit. There seems to be this notion out there that the only reason the US has failed lately is because they've been f'in around, and now that they've comitted 3 years to a team, they should have no problem. I think the US are early favourites, but I don't think this'll be their tournament to lose.</div>
    JOOOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE JOOOOOOOOOSE

11. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Aug 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just figured it was the Nets fan in you talking, cpaw.</div>

I'm indifferent about the Raptors. If anything, I sympathize with their fans for being subjected to Vince. I would never dislike a player just because he was on the Raptors.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I'm personally rooting for Spain. I consider them to be the best non-American team out there and I want people to recognize that international basketball is, in fact, legit. There seems to be this notion out there that the only reason the US has failed lately is because they've been f'in around, and now that they've comitted 3 years to a team, they should have no problem. I think the US are early favourites, but I don't think this'll be their tournament to lose.</div>

The other team I would pull for is Lithuania. I've been pulling for them ever since 1992 and the t-shirts. I still have the one I ordered in storage.

12. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also, Bosh is soft? Better than any PF/C the Nets have right now. Same with JON.</div>

This is ridiculously stupid. You should know by now that attempting to compare the Toronto bigs to the Nets bigs holds no weight with me. All it does is serve to make you look like a bigger fool than how you normally present yourself. Are you capable of discussing either player without some stupid reference to the Nets?

Bosh and JON are soft, regardless of what teams they play for and what teams I root for.

13. cpawfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BasX @ Aug 5 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Aug 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just figured it was the Nets fan in you talking, cpaw.

I'm personally rooting for Spain. I consider them to be the best non-American team out there and I want people to recognize that international basketball is, in fact, legit. There seems to be this notion out there that the only reason the US has failed lately is because they've been f'in around, and now that they've comitted 3 years to a team, they should have no problem. I think the US are early favourites, but I don't think this'll be their tournament to lose.</div>
    JOOOSE JOSE JOSE JOSE JOOOOOOOOOSE
    </div>

Little Ricky is better

14. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I kinda want USA to lose because there's nobody on the team I care about. I also hate Coach K and think he was a horrible choice to coach the team.

15. Master Shake

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Aug 5 2008, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King Shake @ Aug 5 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also, Bosh is soft? Better than any PF/C the Nets have right now. Same with JON.</div>

This is ridiculously stupid. You should know by now that attempting to compare the Toronto bigs to the Nets bigs holds no weight to me. All it does is serve to make you look like a bigger fool than how you normally present yourself. Are you capable of discussing either player without some stupid reference to the Nets?

Bosh and JON are soft, regardless of what teams they play for and what teams I root for.

</div>

I don't think it's ridiculously stupid. And I can compare either player without comparing them to the Nets or using them as a reference, but not right now. I'll wait till both Bosh and O'Neal become one of the best duo's in the East. Which, shouldn't be to long. I think the season starts...in October?

16. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    I want Spain to win mainly because if Jose wins gold, he'll have a crazy good year. After they won the Basketball Championship he had an awesome year as well.

17. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I want USA to win because we are dominant and the world needs to be remembered as to who it's daddy is.

18. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I want USA to win because we are dominant and the world needs to be remembered as to who it's daddy is.</div>

its*

19. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I'm tired of writers complaining about our selfish brand of basketball in the US. We have some of the most exciting players as well, so it is easy for me to root for the States.

20. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate @ Aug 5 2008, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Aug 5 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I want USA to win because we are dominant and the world needs to be remembered as to who it's daddy is.</div>

its*
    </div>

You are correct.

I want USA to win because we are dominant, and the world needs to be remembered as to who its daddy is.