Why isen't Pierce getting respect for the USA team???q

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by TheTruth34, Mar 2, 2003.

1. TheTruth34

TheTruth34 JBB JustBBall Member

OK, I know he didn't have the best experince, but he should still be considered for the team. He gave up is time to go down. They didn't have the most productive trip but the USA didn't have its best players either.
    Kobe didn't give up his time, nither did TMAC, or all the other first team nba players.

It dosen't matter to me if he goes because he needs his legs, he started this season out really slow. He should still be considered thought.

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

most all stars don't wanna play on the USA team cuz of family. it's not easy to take em with u either

3. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

The reason why Paul Pierce isn't getting respect tto play for team USA is because of his bad experience in the World Championships. Many people criticized him for not passing enough and taking too many shots, but he was carrying the team. He should play on the Olympic team.

4. TheTruth34

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "BC":</div><div class="quote_post">The reason why Paul Pierce isn't getting respect tto play for team USA is because of his bad experience in the World Championships. Many people criticized him for not passing enough and taking too many shots, but he was carrying the team. He should play on the Olympic team.</div>

Yep your right. But he still did give up his time. He could have stayed home and worked out had some time to do what he wanted to do. He didn't do that. People forget that. The least they could do is ask him, he did carry that team like BC did. The team was a bunch of role players (well Paul isen't a role player on the celtics), and don't get me wrong that is great, but we didn't bring our best players and all the other countries did. We cannot place the blame on Paul. They need to assemble the best players possible and the best players have to want to go. If the best players don't want to go then we cannot compete!!! Paul definalty deserves to go!!!

5. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

of course he deserves to go. but if i was a celtic fan i wouldnt want him to go. pierce is having a good season but not as good as he coiuld be and the reason is cauz he was exhausted from the world championships. he hasnt had a full vacation. he needs one if the celts are gonna go anywhere

6. TheTruth34

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">of course he deserves to go. but if i was a celtic fan i wouldnt want him to go. pierce is having a good season but not as good as he coiuld be and the reason is cauz he was exhausted from the world championships. he hasnt had a full vacation. he needs one if the celts are gonna go anywhere</div>

Thats what I meant. If he does deserve to go but if he dosen't go he can rest his legs and get ready for next season. He needs to get a summer program and not wear out his body.

7. olskoolfunktitude

8. STING

STING JBB JustBBall Member

Pierce did not get as much disrespect as you think. Sure fans were bitter when he couldn't carry the US team to another medal, but it wasn't his fault. That's what happens when America gets too cocky and sends in the second team. Pierce should not be blamed for the loss, and I think he should have consideration for the team after what he did for them.

As a Celtic's fan, I do not want to see him go. He went once and didn't have a great expirience, if the coaches want to snub him after what he did, let them.

9. olskoolfunktitude

pierce was the only reason they won a single game