Why LA Fans dont have a clue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Phi_Slamma_Jamma, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

WHY LA FANS DONT HAVE A CLUE

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It's simple really. They have the luxury of living in a top market and therefore all media and advertisers kiss their asses because they want the viewers to generate cash.

Now, they won't care what other markets think or want because they are smaller and can't make them as much money. So, alas, that leaves a city like Houston out in the cold most of the time.

The funny thing is that we don't buy into that crap, even when our team is doing well because we know that the TV and attention is quick to fade when they do. Perfect example, Bill Walton, not the best mind anyway of course, was lovin' Hakeem like he was his long lost son during the championship years, but damn when they started losing he ditched him like a red headed stepchild.

When you are continually catered to by the media, hello New York and LA, you can't handle the fact that your teams * when they do. It's that plain and simple. Other cities will take a modest view of the situation and we quite enjoy our ups and endure our downs.

Still the world is changing in the NBA. Should Yao take off? You're going to see a whole new breed of NBA and world dominance because we have a player with a BILLION people behind him. Don't think the media and advertisers aren't drooling right now, they ar already falling over eachother. And wouldn't you know it, the Lakers will be nothing in a few years and you punks over in California will be forced to watch the Rockets EVERY weekend and hear about them ALL the time.

It will truly be sweet to watch you squirm at another team, from TEXAS no less!!!, taking all your spotlight away. Don't believe me? It's already starting to happen, who was the starting center this year?
    </div>

This post came from http://espn.go.com It was posted by Lemony_Houston. I agree with most of what he said. I thought It was important for all houston fans to see.

2. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I totally agree. THe media goes with the popular players that people want to see. They did it with MJ. Most of the Bulls games were televised and you heard about them every night. Now we are in the Lakers stage. Everything now has to be Lakers, Kobe and SHAQ. Next up it will be the Rockets. People want to see Yao Ming play and are impressed. The will be the next popular team as the old celtics, lakers, bulls and others were.

3. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dexter":</div><div class="quote_post">I totally agree. THe media goes with the popular players that people want to see. They did it with MJ. Most of the Bulls games were televised and you heard about them every night. Now we are in the Lakers stage. Everything now has to be Lakers, Kobe and SHAQ. Next up it will be the Rockets. People want to see Yao Ming play and are impressed. The will be the next popular team as the old celtics, lakers, bulls and others were.</div>

Me liking to watch the Lakers? Sorry when Magic was gone the Lakers went downhill.

I like watching the Rockets, Stevie and Yao are awsome.

4. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Seems like everyone who likes the rockets hate the lakers...

5. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

I dont hate the lakers. I just hate every player on the lakers

6. dee still ballin

I dont hate the Lakers. Sorry Hate is one word not in my vocabulary. I just dont approve of some of the actions of the Lakers. Its just soemthings you just dont do or say.

7. Damian Necronamous

Damian Necronamous JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "deestillballin":</div><div class="quote_post">I just dont approve of some of the actions of the Lakers. Its just soemthings you just dont do or say.</div>

Like winning the title 3 years in a row. LMAO, don't come up with lame reasons for not liking the Lakers, people never like the winners.

8. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "deestillballin":</div><div class="quote_post">I just dont approve of some of the actions of the Lakers. Its just soemthings you just dont do or say.</div>

Like winning the title 3 years in a row. LMAO, don't come up with lame reasons for not liking the Lakers, people never like the winners.</div>

not true at all. I loved the Rockets when they won in 94-95.

9. dtruth

dtruth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Clyde_the_Glyde":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont hate the lakers. I just hate every player on the lakers</div>

you hate horry too? he had something to do with those championships the rockets won in the 90s didnt he?

10. dtruth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "deestillballin":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont hate the Lakers. Sorry Hate is one word not in my vocabulary. I just dont approve of some of the actions of the Lakers. Its just soemthings you just dont do or say.</div>

what actions? what did the Lakers organization say? just curious.

11. Omnipotent

Omnipotent JBB JustBBall Member

First off let me just start by saying that LA does not have the largest fan base in the NBA. Now why would this FACT be important?! Well for one the media would not benefit much from saturating NBA viewers with Laker games and Laker news. Just read all the Laker hate posts on the internet - LA is perhaps the most hated team in the NBA. It might benefit the media more to never show an LA game unless they were sure LA was going to lose, never speak about any of the exploits of a certain Laker wearing the number 8 jersey, and never speak about the Lakers as Chamionship contenders. Its obvious to me that a majority of people do not like the Lakers and do not like to hear these things. So why then would the media conspire to do this?! Suicide?!

Now if you do not like the Lakers thats fine and you perfectly within your rights to post anything you want to about them. But if you are going to just think of as many ungrounded negative things to say then the Laker fans that you are surely directing your ire at will never take you seriously. In fact, you will only further confirm their theories that EVERY other team (and their fans) in the league fear the Lakers. Those last games before the playoff should be very interesting - which team is going to start throwing their games to prevent a first round match up with LA?

12. dee still ballin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Damian Necronamous":</div><div class="quote_post">

Like winning the title 3 years in a row. LMAO, don't come up with lame reasons for not liking the Lakers, people never like the winners.</div>

Um no. Thats not it. Chicago had 2 3peats :-D and i loved every minute of it.

13. dee still ballin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dtruth":</div><div class="quote_post">

what actions? what did the Lakers organization say? just curious.</div>

Shaq - There is nobody that can stop me. (There is always somebody who can, because as soon as you said that, you got hurt :- go figure) I mean the man talk too much stuff. I think Jerry West left because of him... and as for Clyde I do agree with you I dont hate the Lakers.. hate is not a word that I use.. I just despise some of their actions

14. Omnipotent

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "deestillballin":</div><div class="quote_post">

Shaq - There is nobody that can stop me. (There is always somebody who can, because as soon as you said that, you got hurt :- go figure) I mean the man talk too much stuff. I think Jerry West left because of him... and as for Clyde I do agree with you I dont hate the Lakers.. hate is not a word that I use.. I just despise some of their actions</div>

So its Shaq you hate and not the Lakers then is that it?

15. snownation

snownation JBB JustBBall Member

heres some facts:

first everyone doesnt hate the lakers, i dont really like them myself, but the mainstream media and fans when they think of the nba now, they think of jordan and then the lakers. l.a. and ny will always get the most media attention, especially ny, if theres a team to hate, it should be ny although even though they have the highest payroll in the league or close to it they have idiots running the team and arent very good now. i generally hate teams that buy the best players and buy titles like that, like new york area teams buy good players.

concerning teams being on tv, it has mostly to do with winning and getting to the finals/ deep in the playoffs, thats why the nets are on tv a lot this year thankfully, when they have never been in their entire history up to this year.

as for winning titles, in the past few years, whatever team wouldve had shaquille oneal , aside from possibly denver or miami wouldve won the nba title, its as simple as that, kobe is a great player and doing incredible things lately, but shaq is why they have won 3 straight and are probably going to win it again this year.

16. Omnipotent

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "snownation":</div><div class="quote_post">heres some facts:

first everyone doesnt hate the lakers, i dont really like them myself, but the mainstream media and fans when they think of the nba now, they think of jordan and then the lakers. l.a. and ny will always get the most media attention, especially ny, if theres a team to hate, it should be ny although even though they have the highest payroll in the league or close to it they have idiots running the team and arent very good now. i generally hate teams that buy the best players and buy titles like that, like new york area teams buy good players.

concerning teams being on tv, it has mostly to do with winning and getting to the finals/ deep in the playoffs, thats why the nets are on tv a lot this year thankfully, when they have never been in their entire history up to this year.

as for winning titles, in the past few years, whatever team wouldve had shaquille oneal , aside from possibly denver or miami wouldve won the nba title, its as simple as that, kobe is a great player and doing incredible things lately, but shaq is why they have won 3 straight and are probably going to win it again this year.</div>

The Lakers are hated the world over!! Both Shaq and Kobe are not the most liked players. Thats a fact. Slam magazine went as far as to a do an interview with Kobe and spoke to him about the hate and what fueled him. And he is constantly slammed in their 'trash talk' column.

Now as for your theory of Shaq = Ring. Orlando never got it and Shaq was partnered with the supposed next Jordan. And Lakers certainly never won their first ring because Shaq just started playing well all of a sudden. It was the triangle offense and players who could run the offense, in particular Bryant.

17. dee still ballin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Omnipotent":</div><div class="quote_post">

So its Shaq you hate and not the Lakers then is that it?</div>

lol.. nah i hate his damn mouth.. i guess i dont have a prob with the Lakers just shaqs big mouth

18. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dtruth":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Clyde_the_Glyde":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont hate the lakers. I just hate every player on the lakers</div>

you hate horry too? he had something to do with those championships the rockets won in the 90s didnt he?</div>

when the lakers play the rockets, i hate every player and coach. I dont care what they did for my team in the past. I hate them all

19. dtruth

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Clyde_the_Glyde":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "dtruth":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Clyde_the_Glyde":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont hate the lakers. I just hate every player on the lakers</div>

you hate horry too? he had something to do with those championships the rockets won in the 90s didnt he?</div>

when the lakers play the rockets, i hate every player and coach. I dont care what they did for my team in the past. I hate them all</div>

So if say Shaq or Horry went to Houston somehow next season, you would still hate them still?

20. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

I wouldnt want shaq next year. I wouldn't hate him, but i wouldn't be a huge fan.

Horry came here thats fine with me