Why Portland won't win a title again

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

It's simply because of the fans.
    We just won against the two worst team in the league (Philadelphia, Phoenix) and fans are already overreacting calling out people on Dame like he brought us to the finals, calling him "the best Blazer ever" like Bill Walton or Clyde Drexler never existed. And that's only because sorry fans are sensitive to players who don't wanna come to Portland, so if one of them decide to sign with us (with a MASSIVE extension in terms of $$$$$) you people overreact as always trying to overhype that player only because he loves the city or the community.
    Let's get this straight: as much as Lillard loves Portland that won't affect our chances to win a title.
    And let's be more clear: Lillard take advantage of the love Portland fans give him. He is treated like LeBron James in Cleveland without isn't nearly as talented as he is.
    Here in Portland he can do all he wants rapping and promoting shoes because he knows that with the help of Jason Quick and others writers payed by Olshey he can be exposed on defense by every other PG in the league and people will only remember the times he score 30 or 40 or he gives a speech with Quick ready with the smartphone to record it.
    Olshey is so smart that knows all this BS and he takes advantage by selling smoke to fans who decide to believe him only because they have no chance: THE BLAZERS ARE THE ONLY SHOW IN TOWN AND SO THE FANS CONVINCE THEMSELVES THAT IS ALL GOOD, THEY CAN'T ACCEPT THE FACT THAT WE AREN'T NEARLY AS GOOD AS THE OTHER CONTENDERS.

It makes me crazy that fans are so naive that they buy all the BS that writers like Casey Holdhal sells them.
    I mean, let's take by example the "Nurkic fever", only because of 5 games the fans are already calling him the next Sabonis and they are absolving Olshey after having one of the WORST OFFSEASONS EVER.

How fans can be so naive!?!? how!!?!? Don't you people realize that the management is trying to sell you the "big three" of Dame/CJ/Nurkic only because we are in the period of renewal tickets for next season?

Let's be more clear: the trade was a good move, but that trade won't change our future, rather it makes basketball purgatory a more likely reality. Nurkic is like Dame and CJ, they're good, but non THAT good that puts you in title contention.

I could go on and on but it's now clear to me that this franchise as much as i love her won't win again.
    We will make the playoffs with the 8th seed, maybe we'll win 1/2 games against GS/SA and Olshey in the exit interviews will use this games to trying defend his job and say that our future is bright with 3 draft picks (none of them will be in the lottery).

People will believe him and the mediocrity will continue for at least 4 more years, as long as Lillard will stay. That's what Portland fans want: playoffs with Dame Dolla super hero without having a 1% chance of winning a title.

I'll be the only trying to imagine how good the Moda Center and how happy the fans would be with a real contending team with real superstars.
    For players like Anthony Davis Portland could build a statue outside of the Moda Center.
    Too bad we won't see any of them here because tanking would destroy the only attraction in town and fans are too hasty to wait 2 or 3 seasons of transition.
    In the meantime we will see teams with potential superstars like Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic succeed in the near future.

OneLifeToLive likes this.
  2. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

I just lost 5 minutes of my life reading your bullshit and I'm not getting them back, damn...

3. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

If only Dame could bring us the same success Davis is bringing to the Pelicans.... Oh wait

4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I....

Did you just blame the only thing that literally has no control on the games being played as the reason we'll never win a championship again?

And believed yourself?

I....

5. Portland2014

yeah, call them BS or make the example of Davis without taking into account the context, your posts are really enlightening.

In the meantime a mostly healthy team with the second highest payroll in the league is battling for the 8th seed in the west.

And Damian Lillard is not 24 like Anthony Davis, he's 27.

By the way it all starts with the fans, if Olshey sells smoke, FANS HAVE THE DUTY TO REFUSE IT, instead they buy all the BS he's selling.

Same goes for Lillard, he's treated like a superstar without even being selected for the All Star Game, but obviously fans refuse that and buy all of this slogans like "fuel to the fire".

Season is 82 games, not just the post ASG, it's too easy to make a playoffs push after the ASG and redeem himself (wow, we advanced to the second round against AUSTIN RIVERS!!!!)

6. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

Some random thoughts:

It's a team game.

Skunks live under my studio.

One is supposed to be 13 to post here.

7. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    #TrollHarder

8. Strenuus

So don't be a fan... literally no one is telling you to be a fan.

If you're not wanting to buy it, then don't. You saying it isn't going to change it. So either leave or don't.

I don't understand your gripe, and I am also one of those that don't ascribe to media/PR, etc... and you even lost me there.

9. Strenuus

Ah, no wait, I get it... it's a ploy to get fan interest as down as possible so the team will move, thus making his hypothesis correct that the Blazers will never win a championship again.

Smooth.

dviss1 and SIeepwalker like this.
  10. Portland2014

I spend money for League Pass.
    I spend hours of sleep waking up to see the Blazers.

I want to spend my money and my hours for a team that deserve it.
    I don't want to spend money and hours of sleep for a mediocre overpayed overhyped team.

And no, you can't just change the team you root for, it's a lifetime deal, once a Blazer always a Blazer.

Now, if we won a title 2 years, 5 years, 10 years ago you could say "hey, we got a title not so many long ago, calm down", but it's been 40 FUCKING YEARS SINCE THE LAST TITLE and the mistakes are always the same.

We won the title with the youngest team ever, who better than us should know that the success comes from the draft!?!?!
    Who better than us should know that the Bill Walton of the world wins titles and not players like Lillard.

Team game? yeah, but it's also a superstar league, the ones who have LeBron, Kobe, Nowitzki and so on wins titles.

Roy, Aldridge, Oden, that was a real project, INJURIES ROBBED US, BUT THE PRINCIPLE WAS THE ONE TO FOLLOW, I HATE WHO DON'T RECOGNIZE THE VALUE OF THE DRAFT ONLY BECAUSE OF UNFORTUNATE SITUATIONS OF THE PAST.

11. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I'm so glad you cleared all that up for the rest of us clueless, naive fans. Thank you for your insights and voice of reason. Your erudite observations were invaluable.

So, I guess we should all just be CLE, GSW or SAS fans then. Everybody loves a front runner. The only dilemma now is which bandwagon to jump on. Oh well, it doesn't matter. I can always change teams right up until Game 7 of the finals and pretend the champs were my team all along.

BNM

12. Strenuus

If you feel the team doesn't deserve your money, whose fault is it that you spent it?

13. Portland2014

14. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

This is the stupid shit posts I was talking about on these forums. What a joke

BonesJones likes this.
  15. Boob-No-More

LOL. sure change your tune while I'm typing my response.

You said you don't want to spend your money on league pass, then don't. Neil Olshey didn't hold a gun to your head and force you to buy it. I suggest you cancel your subscription and never watch another game.

So, being in the draft is the only way to win a title? How's that worked out for MIN. 14 years in a row in the lottery. How's that worked out for SAC? 8 top 8 picks and 8 years and right back in the lottery. Who is the LeBron, Kobe or Dirk in this draft that's worth tanking for? Your "plan" has holes in it. Otherwise teams like MIN, SAC and PHI would be title contenders. All they have to show for 10+ years of losing is more losing.

BNM

16. Boob-No-More

You realize that his first post in this thread was his 15th ever? It's not like his opinion is in the majority. He does not represent "this forum" any more than KingSpeed with his overwhelming optimism.

BNM

BonesJones and dviss1 like this.
  17. Portland2014

The Blazers have collected first/second round exits in the past 10 years that got us nothing.

Philadelphia has EMBIID, SIMMONS, SARIC and we'll see which one of Ball/Fultz ecc
    Minnesota has TOWNS, WIGGINS, LAVINE and another lottery pick

If you think the Blazers have a better situation going forward you have no clue of how the NBA works.

18. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

If some of you fans would play better defense, and Kingspeed would stop playing hero ball, then maybe we could?

19. Cippy91

Yeah I know he is most likely a troll or just hates his life because these aren't even valid points he is making, it's bad

dviss1 likes this.
  20. Cippy91

Philly and the Wolves haven't been to the playoffs in how long? what about us?

I rest my case.

BonesJones and dviss1 like this.