Why, Tony? Why?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Jan 10, 2007.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm speechless. He was just getting better and better and better and now it's all over. Think how long it took him to come back from his last injury. this is ten times worse. It looked like he was just getting started but now is there even a snowballs chance that he'll ever even get back to the level he's been playing at this last week?

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I saw this injury and I'm like, "Why did you have to go slam it?" I hope it isn't as bad as it looked, maybe he just got a really, really, really horribly bad sprain [​IMG] I just traded a 1st round pick for him in FFS to....

3. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

Can we get a recap on the injury? What happened?

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Any youtube links?

5. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Schaddy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Can we get a recap on the injury? What happened?</div>

He got fouled top of key, then went passed everyone after play and dunked it with authority (I think he missed it) and landed ackward on his left knee. Then he fell to a heap on the floor and the closest Celts player to him, Al Jefferson, puts his hands on his head like he's in utter shock of what just happened, so he had to see something or hear something. Then he got carried off court, I'll go find link [​IMG]

http://www.nba.com/games/20070110/INDBOS/g...=scoreboardhome

Look at highlights, then it has a link that says Tony Allen injury

6. norespect

norespect JBB gotta nuke something...

Whats worse, Tony Allen gettin injured on a dunk after a whistle, Or nate Robinson missing that ridiculous dunk after traveling?

7. The_Arbiter

The_Arbiter JBB JustBBall Member

He tore his MCL. Hes done for the season. (worst case senario) The team already has the results to the MRI. Now it's just a matter of time before the public knows the results. [​IMG]

8. elevate

elevate JBB JustBBall Member

I saw this injury and I'm like, "Why did you have to go slam it?" I

lmfaoooo exactly what i thought. stupid mistake

9. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">The_Arbiter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He tore his MCL. Hes done for the season. (worst case senario) The team already has the results to the MRI. Now it's just a matter of time before the public knows the results. [​IMG]</div>

You were right.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tony Allen will miss the rest of the season with two torn ligaments in his left knee.

Coach Doc Rivers said Thursday that Allen will be out at least six months. Allen hurt the knee when he landed awkwardly after an uncontested dunk in the final minutes of a 97-84 loss to Indiana on Wednesday.

Rivers said Allen "was not in good spirits" when he spoke with him earlier Thursday.

"As a coach, you can be emotional, but you still have to function," Rivers said. "He came to believe he could be a great player in this league and now he has to start over again."</div>

Source

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Anybody got a youtube link? I can't find the highlights thing.

11. WildHundreds113

WildHundreds113 JBB JustBBall Member

wow he was stepping his game up. Oh well.

12. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

He has no one to blame but himself.

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Wow this sucks double since it's his b-day.

14. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Just saw the highlights for that game, and it wasn't really his fault. The whistle was made while he was still in motion and had momentum so he decided to just go ahead and finish it. I've seen Vince Carter do that hundreds of times, and other NBA players as well so it's not really his fault. Just his bad luck I guess. Wish him well though.

15. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

So if he hurt himself on a dunk that did count, he wouldn't be dumb?

The whistle was blown like half a second before he took off, so I don't get some of these peoples comments.

16. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

<div class="quote_poster">44Thrilla Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">So if he hurt himself on a dunk that did count, he wouldn't be dumb?

The whistle was blown like half a second before he took off, so I don't get some of these peoples comments.</div>

Exactly my point [​IMG] He was already about to take off, you can't just stop yourself when your feet are about to leave the floor and you have momentum.

17. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

^ I don't know what you guys were watching but the whistle was blown when he was beyond the 3-point line and he took 3 whole steps before he even got off the ground before his dunk attempt.

Notice how everyone else stopped playing well before Allen went for the dunk? The dunk was needless and there was no reason to go for it in that situation. Sure, a lot of players do the same thing but that doesn't make it any less stupid to get injured like that.

18. dunksworth

dunksworth JBB JustBBall Member

It was unfortunate, but I wouldn't call it stupid. Even if the whistle was blown seconds before, there's no reason why you wouldn't want to dunk it (could get you pumped and build your confidence). Besides, what were the odds of him having a season ending injury in a situation like that?

19. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

It's no one's fault, just rotten luck. No different to landing awkwardly on a legit dunk, or landing awkwardly in warm-ups.

20. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

If he wasn't an NBA player making millions of dollars would the public be so critical of him?

I never knew that shooting the ball after continuation has ended was a mortal sin in the NBA. No one would have predicted that this would happen. It's unfortunate, not uncomprehensable.

It seems to me that people want a spot reserved in hell for anyone at any level who dares attempt the same feat. It was a freak accident, nothing more nothing less.