Why Yi said Yes...

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by The Legend, Sep 4, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Now that Yi Jianlian has signed with the Milwaukee Bucks, there is no doubt he will play for them -- a lot. Owner Herb Kohl apparently has guaranteed it.</div>

Read More

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

He's guaranteed to play at least 20 minutes and that's been one of the main reasons Yi held-out. He's going to get his minutes and hopefully he'll be able to develop and adjust into the NBA flow well this year and prove to others that he'll be a good player in this league.

3. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Regardless of what minutes he gets, he shouldn't have been bitching in the first place. It's immature and no one, let alone a rookie should be able to dictate their minutes.

4. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">MrJ Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Regardless of what minutes he gets, he shouldn't have been bitching in the first place. It's immature and no one, let alone a rookie should be able to dictate their minutes.</div>

Bucks are pretty desperate, so he's in a position where he can dictate his minutes, among other things. He's being an ass, but what can you do?

5. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

I hope most of the time Yi is at is the Bench i don't honestly like the guy he comes to Milwaukee and doesn't want to play for them he has no right to do that his just a rookie.

6. chinlessbob

chinlessbob JBB JustBBall Member

He denied milwaukee a chance to see him in workouts and it was clear he didnt want to go there so Milwaukee knew what they were in for. He's not an ordinary rookie either. In truth, Milwaukee benefits more from having him and the marketing capital they'll generate from China than Yi benefits from Mil (yi loses money in terms of capital and marketing while Milwaukee gains).

Moreover, some people say its a blessing that these players get a chance to play for the NBA. Well, its deserved; they're talented. It's not like no one wants him. If he was not drafted, then a team picked him up, I'd call that a blessing; but not if you're projected to be a talented rookie that teams want. Elway and Kobe are also notable stars who refused to play for the teams that drafted them. Everyone seems to forget.

Having said all this, I'm not saying what he did was right, but I can understand it if I were in his position. If you had to play in China, would you rather be in Beijing and Hong Kong where theres more Americans or in some small ass town where your surrounded by no one who speaks your native tongue, and all the while losing marketing money by being forced to play there. I'd be upset if I were him too.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Am I gonna be the only one cracking up when he shatters his knee during the first minute of the opener against Orlando?

8. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Figuratively, or literally? Cause if you mean literally, probably yeah. Player injury is one of the few areas of sport where I refuse to fool around.

9. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">chinlessbob Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He denied milwaukee a chance to see him in workouts and it was clear he didnt want to go there so Milwaukee knew what they were in for. He's not an ordinary rookie either. In truth, Milwaukee benefits more from having him and the marketing capital they'll generate from China than Yi benefits from Mil (yi loses money in terms of capital and marketing while Milwaukee gains).

Moreover, some people say its a blessing that these players get a chance to play for the NBA. Well, its deserved; they're talented. It's not like no one wants him. If he was not drafted, then a team picked him up, I'd call that a blessing; but not if you're projected to be a talented rookie that teams want. Elway and Kobe are also notable stars who refused to play for the teams that drafted them. Everyone seems to forget.

Having said all this, I'm not saying what he did was right, but I can understand it if I were in his position. If you had to play in China, would you rather be in Beijing and Hong Kong where theres more Americans or in some small ass town where your surrounded by no one who speaks your native tongue, and all the while losing marketing money by being forced to play there. I'd be upset if I were him too.</div>

That's what I've been saying a lot during this Yi controversy.