Wife Gives Kirilenko 'Woman Allowance'

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Shapecity, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Andrei Kirilenko has been granted restricted free agency - by his wife.

Masha Lopatova, a former Russian pop star who has been married to the Jazz forward for nearly six years, understands the temptation NBA players are faced with as they travel around the country for seven months a year. And she believes that forbidding something only makes it more tempting. That's why, she revealed in a story in the current issue of ESPN The Magazine, she allows Kirilenko an "allowance" of one night per year with another woman.

"What's forbidden is always desirable. And athletes, particularly men, are susceptible to all the things they are offered," Lopatova said before the Jazz's loss to Charlotte on Wednesday. "It's the same way raising children - If I tell my child, 'No pizza, no pizza, no pizza,' what does he want more than anything? Pizza.

"So this is the arrangement that Andrei and I have," she said, adding, in the spirit of openness, that she does not have a reciprocal agreement with her husband. "If I know about it, it's not cheating." [

Kirilenko, according to the magazine story written by Salt Lake City freelance writer Chad Nielsen, has no plans to exercise his "allowance."

"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "
    </div>

Source

Whoa!

2. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Oh God. I'm sure many players would like a wife like that. Even though she gave Andrei a deal, I think she is very pretty and he shouldn't sleep around. But wow am I surprised. For most guys, it is a dream to have your wife offer you that deal.

3. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

now why couldn't kobe's wife been cool like dat?

4. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting phunDamentalz:</div><div class="quote_post">now why couldn't kobe's wife been cool like dat?</div>
    lol, because AK47's wife is just weird!

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SkiptoMyLue11:</div><div class="quote_post">lol, because AK47's wife is just weird!</div>

Russian people are cool, I know.[​IMG]

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

That's actually very disgusting, from a mature point of view. Marriage is a relationship, a bond between two people.

Now, from a guy's point of view, get me a wife like that.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

She's going to realize how incredibly faulty her logic was when he runs off with another woman.

But seriously, I gotta give props to Kirilenko for fighting the temptation to cheat even when his wife let him. Thats an honourable man.

8. babybulls

babybulls JBB JustBBall Member

Whether wifes come out and say it or not, u can't tell me that there aren't a ton of wives in the league that are like this. When you marry a pro-athlete, cheating comes w/ the territory, it's like marrying tony soprano, he's gonna cheat on u.

9. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting K8B:</div><div class="quote_post">That's actually very disgusting, from a mature point of view. Marriage is a relationship, a bond between two people. </div>
    very true.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Chutney:</div><div class="quote_post">She's going to realize how incredibly faulty her logic was when he runs off with another woman.

But seriously, I gotta give props to Kirilenko for fighting the temptation to cheat even when his wife let him. Thats an honourable man.</div>
    Yea I forgot how its going tempt Kirilenko more because she doesn't care if he cheats on her.

10. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

How many people don't cheat because there afraid of the consequences? Kirilenko literally has nothing to stop him from cheating but his own sense of morality. It just reflects his character IMO.

11. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe this is reverse physcology or something? She's saying to do it, so now he doesn't want to do it anymore because it's not as......how shall I say it "fun?"

12. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    i have a feeling she's giving him a "pass" because she may have cheated on him....

13. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting K8B:</div><div class="quote_post">That's actually very disgusting, from a mature point of view.</div>

Yeah man I gotta agree.

14. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

he would be dum if he cheats on her shes really pretty

15. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting K8B:</div><div class="quote_post">That's actually very disgusting, from a mature point of view. Marriage is a relationship, a bond between two people. </div>

Is it hard to see from up there on that horse?

16. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

guys don't cheat because they CAN'T they cheat because they like to taste as many different flavors as possible. Only women cheat because the fact that they're doing something forbidden is exciting.