Wilfork

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by Fugazi, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

Great defense gets better with this pick. Unbelievable. I wish the Jets' organization was run as well as the Pats'.

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

My awesome powers of deduction, Fugazi, tell me you are jets fan.

That's cool. I admire and respect Herm Edwards, Curtis Martin, & Kevin Mawae but have never been a big fan of NYC teams or the color green(like the new forum look (a conspiracy?))

Miami, Pats (so far) & NYJ have done well w/ their 1st round pick(s). Bills totally shanked it IMO. They really needed a Rushing DE. Donahoe is not as brilliant as some seem to think he is.

3. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

Yes, Blackadder, you are Sherlock Holmes incarnate.

I agree with you. I'm not too impressed by what the Bills have done so far. They gave up a ton to get Losman--about as much as the Giants did to get Manning.

4. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I loved this pick. I never thought he would drop to us and I'm sure that is why we went out and got Keith traylor, but he did and know we have a quality run stuffer with a good veteran to learn from.

The surprise though was Ben Watson. I'm very intrested to see how time he gets. I think that pick pretty much shows that Fauria won't be here after this season. I like fauria but if we had two solid young TE's to go along with our stable of quality WR's and Dillon our offense may be as dangerous as our defense this season.

5. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I also think the wilfork pick was great. It finally gives us a young true nose tackle for years to come. With all these quality defensive linemen I wonder how much we will be using the 4-3 this year. With the drafting of Watson it makes me believe we will be using a 2 TE set a bit more with maybe trying to get Dillon to the outside. I'm looking forward to Watsons WR speed hes suppose to have. Let the season begin.

6. Pats37

I didn't know much about Watson cus I didn't even think we would draft a TE so I never looked at him much. Just hearing that he ran a 4.4 and some of the catches I saw him make on highlights gets me excited though. We would be a very difficult offense to contain if this kid pans out and Graham improves his hands.

We could go from a three TE set to 5 Wide without a problem. Makes for a tough offense to game plan for. Not only are teams going to be over worked trying to watch tape of all our defensive sets but know the offense is going to be equally hard to plan for with a legit running game to go alond with all of weis' formations.

7. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

its scary how you guys are stopcking up!If half of your D went down in injury than you would still be a better Defense than half the league

8. Pats37

I agree. Our back ups could make Arizona a legit team. haha

9. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer