Will Durant....

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Memphology, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

be better than LeBron ? Ive heard people say he will....and not just fans..but actual analysts say hes going to be better.I dont think so, they bring up his 25ppg in college...LeBron scored 20ppg in the NBA outve highschool...thats incredible. And the fact we've never seen a player like Durant in college for the past 15 yrs makes people think he will be better. KG, Kobe, Amare, T-Mac ...etc etc...all these players probably wouldve had similar stats. Sadly..one person even said hes the next MJ...Not trying to take anything from Durant...but IMO, hes nowhere near MJ, and he might hve a better scoring ability than LeBron...but LeBron as a player is way better...

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

They are different players...let's wait until Durant starts playing in the NBA....both are going to be HOF type guys. Durant is a better shooter, shotblocker...but LeBron can play the point, run a team, has better vision/passing. I guess analysts need something to talk about. I'd take LeBron

3. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

No one will ever be the next Michael Jordan, its an abused comparison.

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I absolutely love Durant, and he most certainly has Hall of Fame potential like BCB pointed out, but let's not get carried away with these kinds of threads just yet. Wait until he even gets to the NBA before we start ruling him better than a current top 3 phenom in the NBA.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

This thread isnt saying hes going to that good....this thread is to point out hes NOT that good.

6. yellowhairedguy20

yellowhairedguy20 BBW Member

I won't say that there is no chance that he will be better than LeBron, because there is a chance. We just won't know until he gets into the NBA.

7. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Right now I'm not sure that Kevin Durant is better than Rashard Lewis. I mean, if Rashard lewis had gone to college he probably would've averaged 25 and 10 too.

8. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 12 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Right now I'm not sure that Kevin Durant is better than Rashard Lewis. I mean, if Rashard lewis had gone to college he probably would've averaged 25 and 10 too.</div>Hell, Durant would just be another person in the long line of collegiate greats had those rules been in effect forever. Imagine KG at Michigan, Kobe Bryant at Duke. They all would of been just as if not better then Kevin Durant.

9. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (L_C @ Mar 12 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, Durant would just be another person in the long line of collegiate greats had those rules been in effect forever. Imagine KG at Michigan, Kobe Bryant at Duke. They all would of been just as if not better then Kevin Durant.</div>exactly. now that the minimum age has changed there's going to start to be all these great players all the sudden. we're only in our first year seeing these guys ball in college so we don't relize how ordinary they may look had the age minimum been 19 the whole time. I mean next year you've got Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasley, O.J. Mayo... eventually it'll sink in that not everyone's going to be in the HOF.

10. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 12 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I mean next year you've got Kevin Love, Eric Gordon, Michael Beasley, O.J. Mayo... eventually it'll sink in that not everyone's going to be in the HOF.</div>I disagree. I think people will continue to think that what's-his-face and so-and-so will be the next MJ, because that's what Dick Vitale and ESPN like to brainwash people into thinking. Durant will be good, but I don't think he'll be nearly as good as LeBron.

11. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (L_C @ Mar 12 2007, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, Durant would just be another person in the long line of collegiate greats had those rules been in effect forever. Imagine KG at Michigan, Kobe Bryant at Duke. They all would of been just as if not better then Kevin Durant.</div>Not to go against the grain here, but who says any of these guys would have been dominant, or even near as good as Durant has been?Besides, you have to take into account what Durant is doing with entire Freshman, or 1st year sophmore starting, team...remember, the Horn's lost their ENTIRE starting 5 from last year...so he's doing what he's done by himself, and been good at it.I don't think KG or Bryant came out of High School and lit it up like Lebron did.Who's to say any of the big NBA stars who skipped college, would have done anything but been just really good players at best in colleg?Let's not assume that Durant will be as good or better than Lebron, he could be, but we just don't know at all.But at the same time, let's not assume that any of those stars ya'll are mentioning would have been just as good as Durant in College either.There were tons of good players that actually played college ball, some even played 4 years, and not a one of them has had the season that Durant has had so far.Once again, I'm not saying Durant is going to be as good, or better, than Lebron...all I'm saying is that let's not go to the other side and act like he's nothing but a good player, when we all should know he has Superstar, possible game changing, top 2 or 3 player in the NBA potential.

12. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 12 2007, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Right now I'm not sure that Kevin Durant is better than Rashard Lewis. I mean, if Rashard lewis had gone to college he probably would've averaged 25 and 10 too.</div> My lord...He's clearly a much better player, much better athlete than Rashard Lewis....not even comparable.

13. DaBridge'07

DaBridge'07 BBW Member

Kevin Durant is the best College player with the most potential in the NBA that I have ever seen! :worthy: Kid is a beast on the court in every sense of the word.I try not to just jump on the bandwagon right away an say he is HOF player, and is on the level of Lebron, but I think he is the best of this class, and his skill, work ethic, size, and speed are unmatched. He is a skinny Lebron with Ray Allen-esque skills from behind the arc IMO. Reminds me ALOT of Tracy Mcgrady, but quicker.

14. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Mar 12 2007, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>be better than LeBron ? Ive heard people say he will....and not just fans..but actual analysts say hes going to be better.I dont think so, they bring up his 25ppg in college...LeBron scored 20ppg in the NBA outve highschool...thats incredible. And the fact we've never seen a player like Durant in college for the past 15 yrs makes people think he will be better. KG, Kobe, Amare, T-Mac ...etc etc...all these players probably wouldve had similar stats. Sadly..one person even said hes the next MJ...Not trying to take anything from Durant...but IMO, hes nowhere near MJ, and he might hve a better scoring ability than LeBron...but LeBron as a player is way better...</div>Well look at all the players that you compared him to....I haven't seen enough to judge. Hopefully I'll catch him in the 2nd round.

15. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

^You should, it'll be a basketball rematch version of the great NC game between these two schools 2 years ago in Football :dribble:

16. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

They are too much different to make a comparison IMO.LeBron plays the 1 and 2, Durant plays the 3 and 4...He could end up being a good back to the basket player, which LeBron doesn't do a ton of.I think he's a better defender than LeBron, but LeBron is a better scorer...It's tough to say. They are playing on two different levels, ya know.

17. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Yeah this comparison doesn't really work. And anyways how do we know if Durant went to the NBA he wouldn't have averaged 20/8 and had a Lebron type rookie year outta HS? We don't know at all, LeBron didn't go to college and they are both two completely different players.

18. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Mar 12 2007, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>be better than LeBron ? Ive heard people say he will....and not just fans..but actual analysts say hes going to be better.I dont think so, they bring up his 25ppg in college...LeBron scored 20ppg in the NBA outve highschool...thats incredible. And the fact we've never seen a player like Durant in college for the past 15 yrs makes people think he will be better. KG, Kobe, Amare, T-Mac ...etc etc...all these players probably wouldve had similar stats. Sadly..one person even said hes the next MJ...Not trying to take anything from Durant...but IMO, hes nowhere near MJ, and he might hve a better scoring ability than LeBron...but LeBron as a player is way better...</div>Its really hard to judge who is going to be the better player because their is such a difference between the pros and college. I think that Durant has the capability of scoring 20 PPG in his first year as well. Durant is the better rebounder, better defender for sure, and he is the more complete scorer IMO. Lebron is more explosive, a better passer, and is quicker which means he is better at going to the basket. Lebron is already great, and I think Durant is going to be amazing as well. I dont really know who will be better...

19. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Will he be better than LeBron? No way to tell until he gets into the pro's.I have seen about 5-6 games from him throughout the season, and he is incredible. IMO he is more NBA ready out of college than every player out of HS. He is more NBA ready than Carmelo was out of Syracuse. He has 2 things in his favor that most HS players and freshman going to sophmore year players don't normally have; a very good and consistent jumpshot, and a fantastic array of offensive moves. He is very athletic, very good jumpshooter, is nice and tall, is multi-dimensional offensively, and a very good rebounder....this kid has all the potential in the world and is the most NBA ready of any college player I have seen. I'd like to see him become more of a playmaker, and bulk up a little bit, but I am sure he will be putting up some amazing numbers for a rookie next year assuming he gets the oppertunity. I am very excited to see what he does in the NBA.

20. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaRdYC26 @ Mar 17 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They are too much different to make a comparison IMO.LeBron plays the 1 and 2, Durant plays the 3 and 4...He could end up being a good back to the basket player, which LeBron doesn't do a ton of.I think he's a better defender than LeBron, but LeBron is a better scorer...It's tough to say. They are playing on two different levels, ya know.</div>I agree that they are on two different levels, and they are alot different to be trying to compare, so I am hesitant to compare the two. However I do have a couple of things I must disagree with. First off is that Lebron plays the 1 and 2 while Durant plays the 3 and four. Lebron rarely actually plays the 1, he is a wing guy for the most part that will take the ball up the court from time to time. He is a 2 or 3, and not a natural 1-guard on that team. So if Durant comes in playing the 3 spot, which I see him playing in this league, they will be pretty much playing the same positions. Then the Lebron is a better scorer, I don't agree with that. Lebron is better on the dribble, and a better passer, but Durant is the more naturally gifted scorer of the two. He has a better stroke on his shot, can play the inside/outside game, and has a wider arsenal of scoring moves than Lebron James has in my opinion. So of the two, I see Durant as the better scorer.