Will New Faces Help Solve Old Problems?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Shapecity, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Everything, it seems, is new with the Trail Blazers.

A new starting point guard in Jarrett Jack. A new front line that boasts size and experience with additions Jamaal Magloire and Raef LaFrentz. And a new buzz about touted rookies Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Sergio Rodriguez.

But as this edition of the Blazers is unveiled today at media day, coach Nate McMillan warns that an old mantra -- one that was beaten into the ground last season -- will once again be needed:

Patience.

"We've got a new team here, a lot of new faces, who are joining a team that went through a very tough year," McMillan said, referring to the Blazers' league-worst 21-61 record in 2005-06. "It's still going to take patience. We know it will be another difficult season."

Even so, the Blazers are expected to be bigger, deeper and more experienced than last season, when they were the second-youngest team in the NBA.

"Are we better?" McMillan repeated. "I don't know. We should be, if we are healthy. But when you talk about the potential we have for the future, yes, we are better. But for us to be better this season, a lot of things have to happen right."

Blazers management says the team's active offseason, which resulted in seven new players on the 14-man roster, was a stride in the right direction. That assertion was endorsed by center Joel Przybilla, who turned down free agent offers in the summer from Detroit and San Antonio to sign a five-year deal with the Blazers. </div>

Source

2. TorontoRaps

TorontoRaps JBB JustBBall Member

I met Jamaal Magloire last week. I asked him when he was gonna come play for the Raptors and he said hopefully soon. [​IMG]

3. panfolk

panfolk JBB JustBBall Member

One can only hope attitude problems don't persist. I've lived in Portland for several years. Pissiness and weed are definite problems but otherwise it's such a nice city that you wonder how the Blazers could represent it like thye have.

4. trailblazerfans

trailblazerfans JBB JustBBall Member

i think the weed is the main problem [​IMG]