Will Stotts ever learn to call timely timeouts?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerBeav, Mar 11, 2017.

1. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

How many times has he waited this season until the other team has gone on a 10+ unanswered run before finally, grudgingly calling timeout? It's just uncanny. Then when he finally does, we clearly play better. Popovich calls time if the other team strings two baskets together.

2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

No and I'm right there with you. I saw your post in the game thread and was thinking the exact same thing.

Earlier in the game I wondered why he was so quick to call one, it did not seem like a Stotts time out at all. Then at the point you were posting about when Washington scored to go down by 1 and I was even thinking "we should call time out but watch Stotts not call one, we will have an empty possession, and then they will score to go up by one", then BAM I felt like I had just wasted a wish or something.

I think it stems from his desire to let his team play. But once you get serious about winning you need to take responsibility and reign your guys in. It's a good point about Pop because it shows that even some of the most talented and successful players need a time out to regain momentum.

TBpup and HailBlazers like this.
  3. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

When pop call time out that quick its about correct a problem right then instead waiting to see if the players going correct it there self like Stotts does. Stotts is one worst game manger in this league.

4. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...he just did it!!!

5. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

I've noticed this the past two years. It's been one of my biggest criticisms of him.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's noticed this too. His lack of timeouts are a joke. I actually saw a fucking meme about it once; no joke.