Will there be any big trades before the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by thuggedout108nj, Feb 2, 2003.

1. thuggedout108nj

thuggedout108nj JBB JustBBall Member

I think that a deal sending Vince Carter and Alvin Williams to the Knicks for Sprewell and Charlie Ward. The deal would benefit both teams.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

That's great if you are a Knick fan. I don't think Toronto is going to give up on VC that quick. He sells tickets and based on his votes in for the All Star game he is still a HUGE fan favorite. Toronto will most likely deal Hakeem and Alvin Williams. Players want to be able to use Hakeem's contract to free up cap space and Skip 2 My Lou is playing well enough to make Williams expendable.

3. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

I thought Hakeem had retired??? He' still a Raptor? Has he played all year?

The Raps would NEVER trade away VC and Williams for Spree and Word. That's like, trading Shaq for Jon Barry! It would just be crazy. VC could still come back and play well. I can still see another 25 point yera outta him! Williams is also a quality player. Ward sux. Both of them r old anyway. They could trade those 2 for KG, why trade for a couple old farts?

4. Jermainiac

Jermainiac JBB JustBBall Member

BTW. I think there will be a fiew deals, maybe involving these guys, but not for eachother. There are also sum trades. Not alwayz expected. I would see spree shopped and traded away for sure. Also, I think jerry West would be smart to get rid of 1 of his young forwards.

5. aTTiCuS

aTTiCuS JBB JustBBall Member

hakeem retired...

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Hakeem retired, but his contract is still on the books. So basically you are trading for his rights and can use his remaining salary to lower your cap space next season.