William Green (Hoover, AL) - FLORIDA VERBAL

Discussion in 'Class of 2008' started by Dissonance19, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

2. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From AuburnSports, Green is essentially down to Auburn, Florida, and Clemson and says he will announce on or after LOI day.

3. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

From what I have been hearing, he sounds as if he's all Gator.

Bama had cooled on him for awhile apparently. They probably liked Jerrell Harris more.

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO - William Green stands 6 feet 4 and weighs 215 pounds, but the Hoover (Ala.) Spain Park linebacker/defensive end promises he's stronger than he looks. He proved it this season by finishing with 119 tackles and six sacks.

"My speed played a big part into it, too," Green said Sunday upon his arrival at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

His speed on the field has been impressive. His recruitment has not moved so fast. Green has planned a trip to Auburn for the weekend of Jan. 11 and then plans to visit Florida on Jan. 18 and Clemson on Jan. 25. He said he might not take his two other trips but visits to Tennessee and Alabama are possibilities.

"Living in Alabama, you get a lot of pressure to go to Alabama," Green said. "Sometimes, I wished I committed earlier in the year. Florida is kind of the leader but everybody is still in it. They've been the most consistent and they've showed me they wanted me the most."

Florida defensive line coach and co-defensive coordinator Greg Mattison had an in-home visit and Green said Mattison is one of the friendliest people he ever met. But coaches from his other finalists also have attributes that would benefit him if he chose their respective school.

"They all have coaches who put people in the league," Green said.

Rivals.com rates Green as the seventh-best outside linebacker nationally and the No. 4 prospect in the Alabama top 30 of 2008. He's No. 87 in the Rivals 100 and is the only player from Alabama playing in the U.S. Army game.</div>

Green talks recruiting

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>William Green may not have the ideal size to play defensive end, but tell that to the numerous offensive linemen he's made look foolish all week. Green is so fast off the ball and has a spin move to die for. He has long arms and keeps bigger players off balance despite a lack of great strength. Green may play linebacker in college, but he's been the best defensive end in San Antonio.</div>

Green shining at DE

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Green takes recruiting trip to Auburn | Shelby Counter Reporter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Spain Park defensive end/linebacker William Green visited Auburn University over the weekend in the first of three official visits he'll take leading up to National Signing Day, Feb. 6.

Green, one of the Top 40 recruits in the nation according to Rivals.com, led Spain Park with more than 115 tackles and five sacks.

He said he was pleased with what he saw academically and defensively at Auburn.

Green will visit the University of Florida this weekend and Clemson University next weekend. He said Monday that he does not plan to take a visit the weekend of Feb. 1-2.

When asked why he chose to visit Auburn and not the University of Alabama, who had been rumored as a No. 2 choice, Green said Auburn called first. Auburn originally wanted Green to visit Dec. 7, but had to reschedule because of the Class 6A state title game Dec. 8.

He said he was turned off by Alabama early on, but has cleared things up with UA defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and has not ruled out a visit.

Early rumors suggested Green was going to Florida. Those reports continue to come out of Gainesville, but Green says don't listen to rumors.

"Everyone seems to think they know where I'm going to college," Green said. "No one knows."</div>

8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    From GaitorBait.net, Green says he's done with any interviews and college visits and will sit back, think, and have a decision within the next week, maybe a little later.

9. Dissonance19

Dissonance19 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>After months of speculation, the decision is final - the future of Spain Park defensive end William Green lies in The Swamp at the University of Florida.

"I know a lot of people think they have too many defensive ends," said the 6-foot-4, 215-pound Green. "But I looked at their depth chart, and it's better than a lot of places. I felt like it was the best situation for me."

I think we'll win another national championship while I'm there. We've got one of the top recruiting classes in the nation," Green said.

He finished his prep career with 118 tackles and six sacks as a senior, including two quarterback takedowns in the Super 6. He had 54 tackles and eight sacks as a junior.</div><a href="http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com/articles/2008/01/30/breaking_news/breakingnews01.txt" target="_blank">
    </a>
    Green to Gainesville

10. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    The Detroit News

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Nationally, Florida is climbing the ladder, and rivals.com has it at the top after it received a commitment Tuesday from linebacker William Green of Spain Park High in Hoover, Ala.

Green is a Perry-type. At 6-4 and 215 pounds, he could play defensive end. Lemming said Alabama was close to landing Green.</div>