Williams, "Best is Yet to Come"

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shapecity, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Williams, "Best is Yet to Come"

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">CHICAGO - Marvin Williams says he'll enthrall you on a game night and bore you on an off night.

That's just what NBA general managers want to hear.

"I'm boring. I don't do anything," the former North Carolina freshman said, when asked about his interests. "I stay out of trouble, I do what I'm supposed to do, and that's it."

Yet, this boring guy says fans got just a taste of what he'll do in the NBA. Williams was sixth man on the Tar Heels' national championship team. Now he's projected a top-two pick in the June 28 draft. That's all about spectacular potential -- he's long, he's skilled and he's explosive. And he knows it.

"I'm going to do a lot more things than I did in Chapel Hill. I only showed a little bit of my game last year," Williams said during an interview session for projected lottery picks. "I can shoot. I can dribble. I can pass. I can defend."

That's not to say he's full of himself. He's glad he spent a year in college, rather than jump straight to the pros. He said playing off the bench, behind Sean May and Jawad Williams, served as an education of its own.

And when someone suggested Utah center Andrew Bogut -- his rival to be drafted No. 1 -- is a more polished player and a safer pick, Williams sidestepped a debate.

"It's honest," Williams said. "I'm 18 and Andrew is 20, I think. I'm young. My body hasn't matured yet, and I haven't matured as a player yet."</div>

Source

2. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

He did only show a little of his game last year. He says he can defend. I missed that part. IF he really works to add skills to his natural tools-and plays with max effort,he can live up to the hype. I think he will get it togather,but expect his rookie year to be unimpressive. As is,Green has a lot more skills. Marvin seems to have good charachter,but is a bit lazy,could dominate HS guys with out a full effort.