Winded Kirilenko Makes Impact

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Jazz played horribly Tuesday night, although they were less horrible with Andrei Kirilenko on the floor.
    Kirilenko returned from a sprained ankle and played 24 minutes during Utah's 84-60 loss to Indiana at the Delta Center.
    After missing seven games - the Jazz went 2-5 without him - Kirilenko finished with seven points, two rebounds, three assists and two blocked shots against the Pacers.
    "It feels good," Kirilenko said after the game. "My ankle didn't bother me at all. [But] it was tough running the floor because of breathing. . . . The first five minutes, I had dragon's breath - you know - because of the adrenaline. Breathing was very hard."
    According to Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, the huffing-and-puffing Kirilenko was still his most active player.
    "Andrei was excited and lively," Sloan said, "and that stuck out like a sore thumb."
    With Kirilenko on the floor, the Jazz were competitive. They converted 17 of 46 possessions into points and were outscored only 38-33.
    Without Kirilenko, however, the Jazz were no match for Indiana. They converted only four of 25 possessions and were outscored 25-8.
    "We executed a little better," Sloan said. ". . . Andrei is a veteran guy. He's got to help us get into our offense, instead of just taking shots." </div>

<div align="center">Source</div>