Wisconsin vs. Minnesota

Discussion in 'College Football' started by ranman, Oct 9, 2005.

1. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

The battle for Paul Bunyan's axe!! Probably one of the best rivalries in all of college football. This will be a very close game and very important game for both teams. But when the smoke clears the Golden Gophers of Minnesota will win 34-31 in double overtime.

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

If the Badgers leave their defense at home like they did vs. Northwestern, the Gophers will take it.

I still have to vote "On Wisconsin..."

3. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I voted Wisconsin!

Prediction Wis 55
    Minn 52

haha both teams seem to be having defensive problems and are putting up points on the board. Minny can't stop Caulhon and Wisconsin can't stop Maroney. It'll go either way. I think the Badgers can win it but Minny has a huge advantage being @ home and in the dome.

4. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Minnesota beat Michigan to win the little brown jug. So, Why not make it a twofer & get Bunyan's Axe as well.

For the record, the best rivalry is the NCAA is Army/Navy followed by Georgia/Florida and 'Bama/Auburn

5. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Minnesota beat Michigan to win the little brown jug. So, Why not make it a twofer & get Bunyan's Axe as well.

For the record, the best rivalry is the NCAA is Army/Navy followed by Georgia/Florida and 'Bama/Auburn</div>

Thats your opinion. Miami vs FSU or FSU vs Florida is just as big. Minnesota vs Wisconsin is the oldest divsion 1 college football rivarly.

6. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Army/Navy is pretty big...I've been around for some of those. If the Gophers and Badgers continue to play well for a few years, this will become the best rivalry based solely on the history.

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

What a wild finish to the Badgers/Gophers game, eh? I couldn't believe it...

I shut the game off in disgust early on and had to catch the highlights later. *laughs* That'll teach me to tough it out...

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

I was listening to it on the radio outside. Had to wash the windows. The guy on the radio went nutz. Good game though.