Wishing there was a reason for this forum

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by vikingfan, Dec 18, 2003.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I hate to say it, but what can a person post about Arizona? The Cardinals are just not that good of a team with no one person to really talk about.

Too bad.

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

The blame lies in the Cardinals' front office. They need a good GM and a good coach, but they don't seem dedicated to making their franchise a winning franchise. If I were the Cardinals' owner, I would make a run at Dan Reeves. He's a proven winner. I like Jim Fassel too. When was the last time that the Cardinals had a proven head coach?

3. nfl-forums

nfl-forums nfl-*****s member

Losing David Boston and Jake Plummer didn't help, they were really all they had. Emmit Smith was nothing more than a gimmicky move to bring in fans...that lasted a few games.

I like the idea of Dan Reeves moving to AZ. I think he could do some good there. I'm not so sure about Fassell.

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I wonder if Arizona will draft Eli Manning. That could be a step in the right direction. That and getting a new HC that really knows what they're doing. Parcells would have been able to help that team as not many can. It's always interesting to see how bad the Cardinals can be season after season.

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I think if they did draft eli they would be definitly a team on the rise. Because they have already hit gold at receiver with Anquan Boldin who should be a lock for rookie of the year as far as I'm concerned. He busted through that rookie wall like a freight train. He is gonna be a solid receiver for years to come.

As for coaching I'm not against fassel being there. I haven't heard much about where reeves will go but fassel is from and/or lives in arizona and from what I read is friendly with the organization. He did a fine job with the giants but just didn't get it done. I think they need a coach with guts like fassel to get that team on track.

6. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Fassel in my opinion is a good coach to bring a team back out of nothingness, but I don't think he is a long-term solution for any team. Bold predictions and gutsy moves brings you only so far...his team should have been MUCH better this year.

7. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I think the giants should have been better maybe defensively but they had some major injury problems on the offensive line which killed their offense. I'm not sure they were as good as people think they should have been. I think after they beat Kurt "happy feat" Warner and the Rams everyone hyped them up so it just seemed like they should have been better. Also their special teams were miserable and losing Hollis before the season was part of the reason.