With The 29th Pick, The Ravens...

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by MKIV_Supra, Apr 26, 2007.

1. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

May trade down. If Joe Staley isn't available or no one catches the Ravens eye, they might trade down to take Center Ryan Kalil from USC. The Ravens really like this guy and would be a great fit in the offensive scheme. He is very intelligent and worked well under the USC offense and is the #1 center in the draft. He is projected to be taken early in the second round, if not late first. If they do trade down, they might be wanting a third round pick to possibly take a cornerback or offensive linemen. The 61st pick may be for Kevin Kolb since they like him also and is the third best QB in the draft. He also have lots of playing experience which translates into success in the NFL (see Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Philip Rivers). He may sit down the first two seasons behind Steve McNair but may see playing time if he's out with an injury. So basically, the end of the first round is like the second but trading down may save us money and hopefully, we might get a player the Ravens really like. The only other team who might take Kalil that I'm afraid of is the Patriots, who select twice in the first round. I highly advise them to address their defense. LOL!

In other news, the Ravens gave DT Kelly Gregg a 4 year extension because of consistancy the last four years as a Raven. He is a key player in the Ravens defense who ranked #1. What is shocking is that he was undrafted. I'm done...