With the First Pick in the 2005 NBA Draft...

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by PointGod, Sep 30, 2004.

1. PointGod

PointGod JBB JustBBall Member

Fill in the rest...

I say: The Golden State Warriors select Chris Taft of Pittsburgh

2. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Nah. I bet anything It will be the Bobcats snagging Chris Paul.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Isn't there some sort of rule that disallows the Bobcats from getting the first overall pick next year? I might be wrong though...

My prediction would also be that Chris Taft will be the first pick. He is a quality big man, which are rare in the league now. Which team picks him I don't know, but the Hawks have a chance.

4. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Well there are some foregin players that I don't know the names of off the the top of my head that are suppose to be going 1 and 2. I would say Taft can go anywhere from 1 to 5, but I think Chris Paul should be the #1 pick.

5. Triple Dubble

Triple Dubble JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Isn't there some sort of rule that disallows the Bobcats from getting the first overall pick next year? I might be wrong though...</div>
    None that I have heard of... The Draft Lottery is completely random, though teams with the worst record have better chances of getting higher picks. But there aren't any rules that take away the Bobcats eligibility to have the No. 1 pick. Why would there be? They play a full season like every other NBA team. I was surprised the Bobcats were awarded the No. 4 pick in this year's draft since no other expansion team has ever received a pick that high. At least none that I know of.

Anyway, Bobcats select Chris Paul.

6. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors won't be THAT bad unless they make a trade or something.

7. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Triple Dubble:</div><div class="quote_post">None that I have heard of... The Draft Lottery is completely random, though teams with the worst record have better chances of getting higher picks. But there aren't any rules that take away the Bobcats eligibility to have the No. 1 pick. Why would there be? They play a full season like every other NBA team. I was surprised the Bobcats were awarded the No. 4 pick in this year's draft since no other expansion team has ever received a pick that high. At least none that I know of.

Anyway, Bobcats select Chris Paul.</div>

ur wrong, the bobcats automatically get the 1st round pick in 2005, go on any basketball related website and it'll tell u, nbadraft.net, draftcity.com, or i dunno bobcats.com? they have the first pick

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

No they don't, everyone is just predicting that because the cats are expected to be the worst team in the league, therefore they have the highest chance of getting the first pick.

If they do, they should get one a PG [guess who?] [​IMG]

9. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Bobcats will take a PG with their #1 pick. That's by far their biggest weakness. I am pretty sure Brevin Knight is the starting PG for them which gives them a good veteran PG. The thing is, is that they are an expansion team and need to start young. A guy like Sean Banks or Chris Paul would be a great addition to this team come next year.

10. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

I think the Clippers will take the 1st pick. I love the Clips, but I'm not very confident in them. And if they do get the first pick they'll either take Chris Taft, or Hakim Warrick since they need a SF so Maggz can go back to SG. This will be a good draft class IMO.

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting S.Livingston14:</div><div class="quote_post">I think the Clippers will take the 1st pick. I love the Clips, but I'm not very confident in them. And if they do get the first pick they'll either take Chris Taft, or Hakim Warrick since they need a SF so Maggz can go back to SG. This will be a good draft class IMO.</div>

Actually it depends who declares, if Shakur, Paul, Banks , and Felton all go back to school, and if the forigeners, Andriuskevicius and Aleksandrov. It could be a rather average draft, thats a big if though.

12. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

I say it will be the Bobcats, taking Chris Paul. He is plain out amazing, pure skills. Remember whne he was in HS and his grandpa just died, so he went out and scored 61 points (the age of his grandfather) and then took himself out of the game. And if I remember right, if he would have kept going he would have broke some scoring record. So he just said, "Ah, I think I am only going to score 61 tonight, no big deal". To me, that is just a great story, he deserves to be the number one pick.

13. Hendrix

Hendrix JBB JustBBall Member

Andrievekus or whatever the hell his name is too the bbcats...he will of course be a bust, but for whatever reason NBA teams can not get the idea of 18 year old 7-2+ Europeans out of teir head...they never play D are always soft and mainly are 60% of the time Darko's

14. N4S

N4S BBW Member

The Sonics pick Arvideisaopolpopas Garvichinghskiatozasio, lol.