Wolves, Nuggets warned about trash talk

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Linkin, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NBA senior vice president Stu Jackson , in charge of NBA enforcement, spoke to representatives of both the Wolves and Nuggets on Thursday about volatile comments in the media, a league spokesman said. Jackson reminded them of possible suspensions and fines if the inappropriate words lead to unacceptable actions.

"We've been here nine years and gone against a lot of teams, and we've never been in a situation with half this amount of talking," Wolves coach Flip Saunders said. "Someone once said to me, it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're stupid than to open it and prove it."</div>
    Link

There really has been alot of trash-talking between the Wolves and the Nuggets. I think they should just play the game and stop talking trash.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Three fans in Denver were arrested for throwing drinks and objects at Wolves players and coaches as they exited after Game 4 Tuesday at Pepsi Center. They face misdemeanor penalties ranging from 90 days in jail to $1,000 fines, along with revocation of their Nuggets season tickets.</div>

I think that was a bit harsh.