Wolves Sign Trenton Hassell...

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Oct 29, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/news/stori...rts/540047.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Trenton Hassell has found a new home.

And he calls it Minnesota.

After being waived by the Chicago Bulls Thursday, the former Clarksville High and Austin Peay standout agreed to a one-year guaranteed contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves Tuesday, worth in the neighborhood of $600,000 to $650,000

The New Jersey Nets, Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors also showed interest, with the Heat going so far as to call Hassell "the best defending-No. 2 guard in the NBA" according to Cates</div>

2. DDC

DDC JBB JustBBall Member

Man, you just beat me by a few minutes I was gonna post this AWESOME NEWS! [​IMG] I mean yeah Hoiberg's D could be underrated, but this guy is a defensive stopper, just what we need on the wings. Great news, really.

3. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I guess it is good news. I like Hassell, hope he does good for the Wolves. I kind of thought he would end up with us after he left the Bulls.

4. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

From what I have seen of the Bulls on WGN, Hassell looked decent. Nice pickup for the Wolves.

5. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

That sucks(that the bulls let him go), i liked Hassell. He was a great defensive stopper