Woods could be on the move.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ~Fatality~, Dec 14, 2003.

1. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Blazers are looking to move forward Qyntel Woods, fearful his lack of off-court judgment could cloud the career of franchise centerpiece Zach Randolph, who counts Woods among this closest friends. ...</div>

Full link http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columni...sfla-sports-col at the bottom.

2. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

This is not good news. :thumbsdow

3. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

I support the moving of Qyntel Woods. I know he has a lot of promise on the basketball court, but I think he's one of the players today who are just too immature. He would be better off getting shipped to a team with mature veterans, with the Blazers getting a post player or something.

4. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

I agree with starman 100%, he is way too immature

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

The guy is a whiner, a cry baby. It would be a good move for the Blazers. It is nice to see them trying to clean that team up.

6. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

The lakers were really high on Woods, but decided not to draft him for some reason...maybe it was a decoy to get the guy they really wanted....nonetheless, if they weren't bluffing, maybe the lakers are still interested in woods. I wouldn't know who they would trade tho, just throwing out a possibility...

7. starman85

They may try to give up Rick Fox now that George has taken his starting spot and presumably his minutes. Then they can work Woods into a reserve role until he matures. And if he gets outta line, all they gotta do is call on the Shaq Daddy...

8. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Woods hasn't really done anything for this team other than commit turnovers and miss open layups.

Send him to Siberia for all I care.

9. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Woods hasn't really done anything for this team other than commit turnovers and miss open layups.

Send him to Siberia for all I care.</div>
    He is really that bad?

10. starman85

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ObieCent:</div><div class="quote_post">He is really that bad?</div>

Worse.

Not only does he play with little control or maturity, he often doesn't come on the court to play. He tries to instigate stuff with other teams, and trys to pick fights. There was the incident with Steve Francis after the Houston-Portland game, where Woods, who barely played and wasn't a factor, got in Francis' face after the game to rub it in, and tried to fight.

Portland has got enough problems from the players who actually play. They don't need this from a pine-rider. Woods would do good with 3 or 4 years in the NBDL, riding buses and playing before a couple hundred fans, and realizing what the game is really about.

11. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting starman85:</div><div class="quote_post">Worse.

Not only does he play with little control or maturity, he often doesn't come on the court to play. He tries to instigate stuff with other teams, and trys to pick fights. There was the incident with Steve Francis after the Houston-Portland game, where Woods, who barely played and wasn't a factor, got in Francis' face after the game to rub it in, and tried to fight. </div>

I remember seeing that incident, it was absolutely ridiculous. Woods is one of those players who will take credit for his teammates' win, and then rub it in. Maybe if he was doing something he could talk.

As long as there are more splinters in his butt than there are points/rebounds/assists next to his name on the box score, he should sit down and shut up!

12. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

It's funny cause SLAM did an article on QUENTIL WOODS: 2K3 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR or some sh!t like that when Dirk was on the cover...

<font size="1"><font color="SlateGray">edited by Shapecity, We are cutting down on the profanity.</font></font>

13. starman85

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Skip:</div><div class="quote_post">It's funny cause SLAM did an article on QUENTIL WOODS: 2K3 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR or some sh!t like that when Dirk was on the cover...

<font size="1"><font color="SlateGray">edited by Shapecity, We are cutting down on the profanity.</font></font></div>

Yeah, Slam's been known to get some stuff wrong in their years...

...of course, they get so much right that its excusable.

(I have a '95 ish that has Starbury doing the hs journal, and they predicted he'd be a star. Stuff like that, and including Kobe on that year's all high school second team when he was a junior.)

But the Woods gaff was something. I remember some saying he'd be the next Scottie Pippen, while Pippen was on his team.