Workouts Began (Telfair and Nelson)

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by og15, May 22, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

http://www.nba.com/clippers/

Telfair's interview, Nelson's Interview, we also worked out TJ Cummings and Pape Sow.

I'm anticipating us working out Ben Gordon and Devin Harris, as long as one of those 2 remains for the Raptors I'll be happy, but their stock has been rising like crazy.

Workout Recap

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">As the workout drew to a close, Head Coach Mike Dunleavy calmly told the group that the workout would finish with running drills. Exhausted but without a word, Telfair, Nelson, Cummings and Sow quietly walked to the end line for sprints. Fortunately, it was a joke, but it was clear that these guys were going to leave everything on the court. </div>

[​IMG]

2. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Telfair is going to be real good because he is a hard worker. I remember reading about his summer workout, it was pretty intense.

[​IMG]

I think the Clips are going to take him. I hope it doesn't happen, because going to the Clippers can only hurt his career, with the ownership and everything.

3. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

I hope the same, but in a way i dont i think Telfair can bring everything this franchise needs. Telfair or Jameer will dominate with clippers and average atleast 5+ assist's in there first season with Brand, Maggette and maybe Q to score.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

Well they likely won't be going that high, so we are actually looking more at Devin Harris or Ben Gordon than Jameer or Telfair.

5. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I'd love to take TJ Cummings in the second round. The kid is oozing talent, but his stock is low because he underachieved at a lousy UCLA program. TJ has a lot of his dad's game in him, I would definietly take a gamble on him in the second round.

6. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well they likely won't be going that high, so we are actually looking more at Devin Harris or Ben Gordon than Jameer or Telfair.</div>

Yeah, that is what is likely to happen. LA will have a top 5 pick, and Telfair and Nelson are mid first round players.

7. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Rumor from the workout : Telfair could not guard Nelson. This doesn't seem like a big problem for the future. Nelson is the NCAA player of the year, with 4 more years of experience and 20 or so pound of muscle.

Nelson going against Telfair
    [​IMG]

8. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Jameer said his favorite offensive weapon was his body because of his muscle compared to gaurds his size + Bassy is like 4 years younger and still isnt done growing. Jammer use's his body with 20 + pounds on bassy then there's clearly a disadvantage.