Worst/Most Disappointing Players to Ever Put on a Sixers Uni

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Really Lost One, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Who do you guys think are the worst or most disappointing players to ever put on a Sixers uniform?

Considering I am still very young, I don't know much about old school 76ers basketball, but here are just some players who have disappointed me.

[​IMG]

2. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Anyone and everyone that was part of the 76ers team that had only nine wins that season. Fred Carter was named the 76ers MVP that season, and to quote him....

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> "I didn't know if it was for leading the team to nine wins or for leading the team to 73 losses," said Carter years later. "I still haven't figured it out."</div>

Here are just a few...

Todd MacCulloch- He had a six year 34 million dollar contract and never played a season with the 76ers, after we re-acquired him in the Mutombo trade. Although, no fault of his due to his disease, it was still a huge waste of money.

Glenn Robinson- Sucked the franchise dry during the time he was here. We acquired him thinking we where getting the Big Dog we saw for years in Milwaukee and then in Atlanta. When he got hear the Big Dog was nothing, but bark.

Leon Wood- We passed on John Stockten to draft this guy? If you don’t know who he is, my point has been made.

3. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Guys...we're forgetting someone.

Chris freaking Webber.

4. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Smitty:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Chris freaking Webber.</div>
    Well, you can't really blame C-Webb. Billy King knew what he was getting when he traded for him. An old man who plays on one leg and has a 20 million dollar contract. Obviously if you are getting paid that much money, you should be one of the best players in the league. *Sigh* Hopefully the guy somehow gets more speed and stops being a sissy and starts to play in the paint.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. The One & Only

The One & Only JBB The Orlando Tragic

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Smitty:</div><div class="quote_post">Guys...we're forgetting someone.

Chris freaking Webber.</div>

Chris Webber isn't a disappointment imo. People hate on him way too much. What more do you want from a guy his age with bad knees? He also gave you 20, 10 during the season. He is underappreciated imo. I think Sixer fans were just expecting too much when they got Webber....

The only real bad thing about Webber was his contract.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Hopefully the guy somehow gets more speed and stops being a sissy and starts to play in the paint.</div>
    He is near the last points of his career which is why he is staying away from the paint.

6. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Franchise4Ever:</div><div class="quote_post">He is near the last points of his career which is why he is staying away from the paint.</div>
    Yeah, I know it's impossible. I was being sarcastic. [​IMG]

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

It was pretty sad watching Tyrone Hill blow easy dunks, but then again he was our starting PF when we went to the finals. Keith Van Stiff made me feel pretty sorry to be a Sixers fan.

8. The One & Only

9. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting C.K.:</div><div class="quote_post">It was pretty sad watching Tyrone Hill blow easy dunks, but then again he was our starting PF when we went to the finals.</div>
    Well, at least he hustles and rebounds the ball. Plus, he brings eye candy to the ladies.

[​IMG]

10. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<font size=""4"">amall Mccaskill.</font>

11. <.Gomez.>

<.Gomez.> JBB JustBBall Member

^Yes!

Keith Van Horn..
    Todd Mcallough..
    and the Big Dogg Glenn Robinson....

I was hoping that big dog would be puttin up a couple of pointz a few seasonz back but he wasnt doing anything at all.

12. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Franchise4Ever:</div><div class="quote_post">He is near the last points of his career which is why he is staying away from the paint.</div>

There is one little problem with that statement. Unless you're Karl Malone, being a four and staying away from the paint leaves your time ridiculously high and dry. If you can't front another four, and you leave yourself no opportunity to sniff the basket, thusly shooting around 43% each year, and turning the ball over like crazy, like C-Webb. Look at those tremendous offensive rebounding numbers too, under two a game for a 6'10" power forward? Not good enough.

But you're absolutely right, all these things have come with age (except the FG%, that's never been all that high), which means, perhaps, that Billy King overpaid for a known (negative) commodity. Which makes him a moron.

13. houston_owns_u

houston_owns_u JBB JustBBall Member

Shawn Bradley, maybe Derrick Coleman?

14. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post"><font size=""4"">amall Mccaskill.</font></div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh man, how could I forget about him..he was so horrible..how he was even a foot inside the NBA is beyond me. He had that crusty beard too.

15. The One & Only

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Squishface:</div><div class="quote_post">There is one little problem with that statement. Unless you're Karl Malone, being a four and staying away from the paint leaves your time ridiculously high and dry. If you can't front another four, and you leave yourself no opportunity to sniff the basket, thusly shooting around 43% each year, and turning the ball over like crazy, like C-Webb. Look at those tremendous offensive rebounding numbers too, under two a game for a 6'10" power forward? Not good enough.

But you're absolutely right, all these things have come with age (except the FG%, that's never been all that high), which means, perhaps, that Billy King overpaid for a known (negative) commodity. Which makes him a moron.</div>

You can't hate on the guy for getting old though.

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Derrick Coleman. Could have been a whole lot better if he actually tried harder.

17. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

Hahaha omg, Tyrone Hill missing little 6 footers and dunks, those were the good old days in 00-01. I miss it =(

Everybody is hating on Chris Webber way too much. He's old for christ's sake and still averaging 20 and 10, and it was really his first season as a Sixer.

18. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Franchise4Ever:</div><div class="quote_post">You can't hate on the guy for getting old though.</div>

You're right, that's not fair, we all do it if we're lucky enough, and no one is as athletic at 30 as they are at 20, that's all there is to that, but C-Webb needs to understand his limitations a little better. Making the guy a three, on a team without a real three, and making way for someone younger and more capable in the paint, couldn't hurt the guy, and if he plays like a 20-10 guy from the small forward spot, he's earning his pay. At the same time, he's probably not quick enough to guard 80% of the threes in the league.

Nevertheless, I'm off point, the guy is getting older, and that's no one's fault, but an adjustment is in order here.

19. The One & Only

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Squishface:</div><div class="quote_post">You're right, that's not fair, we all do it if we're lucky enough, and no one is as athletic at 30 as they are at 20, that's all there is to that, but C-Webb needs to understand his limitations a little better. Making the guy a three, on a team without a real three, and making way for someone younger and more capable in the paint, couldn't hurt the guy, and if he plays like a 20-10 guy from the small forward spot, he's earning his pay. At the same time, he's probably not quick enough to guard 80% of the threes in the league.

Nevertheless, I'm off point, the guy is getting older, and that's no one's fault, but an adjustment is in order here.</div>

Completely agree with you.

20. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Glenn Robinson.