worst Parcells losses?

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Fugazi, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Fugazi

Fugazi nfl-*****s member

That was a tough, tough loss on Monday night. Where would you rank it on the all-time bad Parcells losses?

Losing the AFC championship with the Jets against Denver (up 10-0) in the third quarter was a bad one.

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

The Cowboys certainly fell asleep on Monday night and got caught napping.

Losses like that really are tough to take...ala the lovely 4th and 26 play in the Packers/Eagles game a few years back. *shudder*

I feel for Cowboys fans... At least this wasn't a playoff game.

3. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i remember that game, i was gettin ready to turn TV off.

4. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

i think last week lost was just embarssing. The cowboys controled that game untill the last 5 mins. That was bad coaching and bad coverage by Aaron Glenn on both scores

5. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fugazi)</div><div class='quotemain'>That was a tough, tough loss on Monday night. Where would you rank it on the all-time bad Parcells losses?

Losing the AFC championship with the Jets against Denver (up 10-0) in the third quarter was a bad one.</div>

The guy was 77-0 going into the 4th quarter with a 13-point lead or more. I'm not sure there were too many that were worst.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think last week lost was just embarssing. The cowboys controled that game untill the last 5 mins. That was bad coaching and bad coverage by Aaron Glenn on both scores</div>

It was embarrassing. How do you conclude it was bad coaching, though? I agree on the bad coverage part, although I don't blame Glenn first and foremost.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

It was bad coaching because that play should not happen twice in less than 3 mins

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>It was bad coaching because that play should not happen twice in less than 3 mins</div>

Roy Williams was the culprit. The right play was called. To prevent the deep ball you usually call a cover 4. you don't call a cover 2 or even 3. A cover 4 was the call from what I saw. It's the saftey's job not to let the WR behind him. Roy Williams did just that. Maybe he was looking to take Santana Moss's head off and then he relized that Moss was long gone. Not much the coaches can do to prevent a Pro Bowl saftey to make a mental mistake twice. Granted Aaron Glenn didn't do much to help but Williams screwed up badly.

8. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>It was bad coaching because that play should not happen twice in less than 3 mins</div>

Roy Williams was the culprit. The right play was called. To prevent the deep ball you usually call a cover 4. you don't call a cover 2 or even 3. A cover 4 was the call from what I saw. It's the saftey's job not to let the WR behind him. Roy Williams did just that. Maybe he was looking to take Santana Moss's head off and then he relized that Moss was long gone. Not much the coaches can do to prevent a Pro Bowl saftey to make a mental mistake twice. Granted Aaron Glenn didn't do much to help but Williams screwed up badly.</div>

Exactly. There was still plenty of time on the clock for Washington, so there is no sense in playing anything more conservative than a cover 4. Williams bit on the wrong deep route - he went to the middle post, not the deep outside.